1.    #1  
    I purchased a Plantronics Voyager 520 which worked on my previous Pre Plus. The camera broke on that unit and the new unit can not find my bluetooth headset. Palm it telling me that because it is not on their list of "tested" devices it is probably the bluetooth device. Sounds like BS to me. They want me to go out and purchase a device on the "tested" list to see if it is the phone. I thought about going into a Verizon store and having them test it. Believe me I want this unit to work properly because it is the best one I received so far. Here is my history.

Unit 1. Double typed all the time and you needed a hammer to press some keys.

Unit 2. Very loose slider but the 1.4 update was not too kind to it.

Unit 3. Great slider, great keys but the camera broke after about 7 days.

Unit 4. Most recent...very tight slider, great keys, all around good build quality but I think the bluetooth is not working.

Has anyone used the Voyager 520 with the Pre? Any suggestions on how to get the bluetooth to work?

Thanks.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    yup I have ,
    matter of fact two plantronics products, do you need any help ?
    When you turn on the headset press and hold the power button till it blinks continuously i.e. pairing mode , the phone would recognize it
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    here is the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    nvmd.............thought the double post was two different people. /facepalm
    I have a 920 plantronic and every once in a while it has some serious trouble pairing but usually happens after a bit
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    yup I have ,
    matter of fact two plantronics products, do you need any help ?
    When you turn on the headset press and hold the power button till it blinks continuously i.e. pairing mode , the phone would recognize it
    Great that worked......I believe I was pushing the power button until it turned blue and then it would blink 3 times indicating it was at full power. I did not hold it until it blinked red.

Thanks. This Pre unit is solid so I want to keep it and you helped a lot.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    Great that worked......I believe I was pushing the power button until it turned blue and then it would blink 3 times indicating it was at full power. I did not hold it until it blinked red.

Thanks. This Pre unit is solid so I want to keep it and you helped a lot.
    Glad it worked.
    Tell you the truth, it happens to the voyagers sold by Brooklyn stores . I had three of these handsets in the last three years. The one I bought from this new york store had an issue. Rest are fine. Speaking of which I have a Plantronics 590, which is great. Lately My pre started dropping connection with 590 while on Pandora or net2streams.
    I'm a big fan of the Plantronics 925. You can get it around for $40 bucks. I finally broke down and bought it after I lost not one, but two plantronics 855s.....which are great because they have bluetooth stereo....but the call quality is nowhere NEAR as good as my new 925....that, and the 855s have suddenly gone from $40 to $85....boo~!

Mark