Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    March 22 (Reuters) - Palm Inc <PALM.O>:
    * WebOS smartphones to be available for AT&T customers
    * Says Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus phones will be available for $149.99
    and $49.99, respectively
    * Says phones to come with a two-year service agreement and after a $100
    mail-in rebate

((Bangalore Equities Newsroom; +91 80 4135 5800; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780))

((For more news, please click here [PALM.O]))
    when??
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    In "Coming Months"? That's a strange announcement since the current US carrier of the Pluses, Verizon, is still trying to sell these. There must be a significant rift between Palm and Verizon for Palm to announce another carrier for these some indeterminant months ahead of time. Verizon must be pulling all of their promotion or something.
    Which is kind of funny since this weekend I've seen more VZW TV spots for the Pre Plus than I have since VZW started selling the Plus models.
    In "Coming Months"? That's a strange announcement since the current US carrier of the Pluses, Verizon, is still trying to sell these. There must be a significant rift between Palm and Verizon for Palm to announce another carrier for these some indeterminant months ahead of time. Verizon must be pulling all of their promotion or something.
    Verizon Will No Longer Promote Palm Pre Plus » Phone Reviews
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I bet AT&T screwed them to the ground on T&Cs.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts

Trying to pump the stocks?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    wow it was so nice to open p/c this morning to some good news. I myself am stoked for this. My girlfriend has at&t (and a centro) so she will be able to get her own (toy) to play with instead of mine. Also I was able to say look sweetie it comes in blue (all of her phone have to be blue). So this is great for me and palm. This could be the start of the upward swing. Thanx ruby, good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    Which is kind of funny since this weekend I've seen more VZW TV spots for the Pre Plus than I have since VZW started selling the Plus models.
    I was thinking the same thing.

I must say though, the beauty of webOS + flash (soon?) on a GSM network is appealing. I don't have the need to surf the net and talk 'often,' however that basketball commercial with the friends talking as they watch does make me envious.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Sprint better release a plus or something better soon or people are gonna be gone.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    They'll release them at the same time as the next iPhone for max impact.....
    This might complicate my plans a bit... I've been waiting for the GSM version for so long, but the Bell deal now for the older Pre is so tempting, the plan is hard to pass up.

Although what I could get the CDMA Pre now AND get the HSPA Pre Plus later since Bell is HSPA now as well. I confirmed with them I don't need to stick with the CDMA network to retain the plan discount.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Further proof that VZW fumbled the launch as well. Seems like Palm just can't catch a break.

Nice to see that VZW will push people on the Moto Droid if they are interested in the Pre/Pixi.

I just hope there is a webOS around by the end of the year. IMO this is the best platform I've ever used.. I'd hate to see it die off, or get bought out by another company and get scrapped.
    FINALLY!!... although I have a feeling AT&T will spoil the fun a and criple it somehow like they did the Backfilp. One thing I already notice is the "teathering" option is unknown right now as well as the wifi hotspot being disabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    Further proof that VZW fumbled the launch as well. Seems like Palm just can't catch a break.

Nice to see that VZW will push people on the Moto Droid if they are interested in the Pre/Pixi.

I just hope there is a webOS around by the end of the year. IMO this is the best platform I've ever used.. I'd hate to see it die off, or get bought out by another company and get scrapped.
    Hope they'll drop the off-contract no activation price... then I can get one to swap modems and use on Bell.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

This does complicate things a bit. How does Palm introduce a new device on Sprint anytime soon without killing the Pre Plus on AT&T? I'm sure that AT&T understands this, and so did they hold Palm to an agreement to delay any new device launch (on any carrier) for some specified period of time? Or, would a Palm release on Sprint be irrelevant to the Pre Plus launch on AT&T?

Hmm....
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Nice, been waiting here on AT&T for the pre, though I am a bit dissapointed it's not new hardware, I can't wait to start using webos.

Quick question for you guys, my only expierence with webos is with the pixiemy wife had for a week before returning it, but the pixie was much slower than my iPhone 3gs, and all the reviews I've seen about the pre say it feels slugish. After looking into it, the processor in the pre is only slightly slower that the iPhones (500mhz vs 600mhz). Is it possible or likely that palm could speed up webos through a firmware update so it's more comparable with the iPhone?

Also how the browser compare with mobile safari?
    Last edited by fernandez21; 03/22/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    More good news...China Telecom apparently confirmed a Pre launch in July.

[intomobile.com/2010/03/22/china-telecom-chinas-3rd-largest-operator-confirms-palm-pre-coming-in-july-blackberry-in-may.html]
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    VZ will push whatever will make them the most moola.. What a shame, Pre never had a chance..I actually switched to Verizon just so I could get the Pre Plus, couldn't wait for AT&T.
    A new palm device probably won't be out on a US carrier until late Fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    More good news...China Telecom apparently confirmed a Pre launch in July.

[intomobile.com/2010/03/22/china-telecom-chinas-3rd-largest-operator-confirms-palm-pre-coming-in-july-blackberry-in-may.html]
    China Telecom is CDMA, so I don't think it'll be too much trouble to get it working for them. In fact many people in China got Sprint units working.

Would be interesting though since China Telecom uses a RSIM model instead of for CDMA instead (i.e. they have SIM cards).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast