Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pretty much every 3 months months they announce a new carrier. Also Sprint only had 3 months before they announced the Plus going to verizon. How do you think spring felt, Atleast verizon has the same phone and can compete with At&T, Sprint will have to wait another 3 months till they either get the Plus or a new device, but probably the Plus.

New Device wont be untill June of 2011 I bet, Plus's will be on every carrier first, 4 in USA, 4 In canada, bell, telus, Rogers, Fido, and what ever carriers are in Europe,

then and only then will they decide which carrier will get the palm paranoid, as I like to call the new device

that's my 2 cents on the future, also by then webos will be probably over 2.0 and app catalog will be over 100,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    This does complicate things a bit. How does Palm introduce a new device on Sprint anytime soon without killing the Pre Plus on AT&T? I'm sure that AT&T understands this, and so did they hold Palm to an agreement to delay any new device launch (on any carrier) for some specified period of time? Or, would a Palm release on Sprint be irrelevant to the Pre Plus launch on AT&T?

Hmm....
    Here's my suspicion, and it's just a suspicion. As part of the package deal, Palm has already agreed with AT&T that any new devices introduced would be introduced on their network at the same time, or with a very short exclusive window (as in no more than 30 days).
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Here's my suspicion, and it's just a suspicion. As part of the package deal, Palm has already agreed with AT&T that any new devices introduced would be introduced on their network at the same time, or with a very short exclusive window (as in no more than 30 days).
    My thoughts as well. I think that if Palm does release a new device later this year they will most likely will not give any carrier a 6 month exclusive.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    My thoughts as well. I think that if Palm does release a new device later this year they will most likely will not give any carrier a 6 month exclusive.
    I'm guessing that they will introduce a new device in June, with a possible 30 day exclusive on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm guessing that they will introduce a new device in June, with a possible 30 day exclusive on Sprint.
    I suppose it's possible that AT&T could carry the Pre+/Pixi+ along with a new next-gen webOS device, making the Pre+ very inexpensive and the Pixi+ free. They're doing essentially the same thing by offering the iPhone 3G for $99 along with the more expensive iPhone 3GS at $199+.

In that scenario, I could see a very short exclusive period on Sprint.

Hmm... Now that's a theory I can run with. The only problem I have with it is how Pre+/Pixi+ purchasers will feel with a new next-gen device being introduced so soon after they bought their last-gen devices. But then again, I suppose that applies to everyone regardless, right?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I suppose it's possible that AT&T could carry the Pre+/Pixi+ along with a new next-gen webOS device, making the Pre+ very inexpensive and the Pixi+ free. They're doing essentially the same thing by offering the iPhone 3G for $99 along with the more expensive iPhone 3GS at $199+.

In that scenario, I could see a very short exclusive period on Sprint.

Hmm... Now that's a theory I can run with. The only problem I have with it is how Pre+/Pixi+ purchasers will feel with a new next-gen device being introduced so soon after they bought their last-gen devices. But then again, I suppose that applies to everyone regardless, right?
    I'm suspecting that if there is a "NextGen WebOS" it will be introduced at about the same time as the Pre/Pixi comes to AT&T. I'm also suspecting that there will be a substantially higher initial cost, that will keep the Pre and Pixi attractive at $100/$0. Most importantly though, I suspect that the same apps will run on all of the devices.
    Again, just total speculative theory on my part. However, I've been right a couple of times before.
    ^^
    Nope, prototype devices ran 1.3.8, recently spotted devices run 1.4.1, as seen on DSLReports speed test.

On another note, does anyone notices that nowhere in the press release it states that AT&T has exclusivity except for that blue Pixi cover? I keep on having this feeling that the unlocked Pre Plus is around the corner, judging how the unlocked Centro was only within weeks of the AT&T Centro.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12