1.    #1  
    Official: Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus for AT&T 'in the coming months' -- Engadget

Good news, maybe this will help. I love WebOS and hope to see more phones with it.
    good...because I just read that Verizon will be ending their (half-azzed) promotion of the Pre Plus & Pixi Plus.

Verizon Will No Longer Promote Palm Pre Plus Phone Reviews
    While Palm's bargaining power with the carriers must be weak-to-non-existent, I just don't see them being competitive with that pricing on the Pre Plus (and the Pixi Plus has already been a non-starter).

The Pre Plus is $50 more expensive out the door than the iPhone 3GS and $100 more expensive than a refurb model, and it is $150 more expensive out the door than an iPhone 3G and $200 more expensive than a refurb.

Unless you already know about WebOS and have your heart set on the Pre Plus already, why would anyone go into an AT&T store and buy one of these?

On top of that, there's an indefinite release window, while the new Android and iPhones will have definite release dates in the next 90 days.

I just don't get what they're doing here.
    Awesome news!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    While Palm's bargaining power with the carriers must be weak-to-non-existent, I just don't see them being competitive with that pricing on the Pre Plus (and the Pixi Plus has already been a non-starter).

The Pre Plus is $50 more expensive out the door than the iPhone 3GS and $100 more expensive than a refurb model, and it is $150 more expensive out the door than an iPhone 3G and $200 more expensive than a refurb.

Unless you already know about WebOS and have your heart set on the Pre Plus already, why would anyone go into an AT&T store and buy one of these?

On top of that, there's an indefinite release window, while the new Android and iPhones will have definite release dates in the next 90 days.

I just don't get what they're doing here.

Agreed, instant death by pricing higher than the iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    Agreed, instant death by pricing higher than the iphone
    Not only that...it's essentially the same Pre that was positioned to be superior to the iPhone 3G, and turned out to be inferior (performance and specs-wise) to the 3GS.

But it's not even launching against THAT. It's launching against the next-gen iPhone which will be cheaper out the door, have way more promotion, and will have a larger screen, more apps, and a much smoother and responsive OS and touchscreen when people try them instore.

It might even have multitasking. This just seems pointless.
    Wouldn't this pretty much set in stone the fact that we are not going to be seeing any New Hardware anytime real soon?