1.    #1  
    Just for your info. I plugged my Pre into my desktop this morning and got error message E:\ is not accessible. I have seen this a fair bit recently with USB memory sticks so thought I had a pretty good idea of the problem.
    Opened up a command prompt changed to Pre directory and ran dir/ah. There I found an "autorun.inf" file and a hidden folder called "UUSBP0RTRECYCLERR" which on further investigation had stored in it, every file I had deleted from my phone recently. Obviously this was taking up considerable space.
    Anyway if you should come accross this, this is how I got rid.

Open command promt.
    type E: where E is the letter of my Pre.
    type "dir/ah" (this shows files with hidden and system attributes.)
    In the list there is a hidden autorun.inf file which is the trojan and a USBRECYCLER folder that contains the deleted data from my pre.

next type "attrib autorun.inf -r -s -h" this removes the hidden attributes from the file.

then type "del autorun.inf" the virus file is now deleted.

Unmount your pre then reconnect. you should now be able to get to your usb drive. Here you will see the USBRECYCLER folder and you will now be able to delete it. (If you don't see that folder here click on tools, folder options, view then check show hidden files and folders.)

Hope this helps anyone who runs in to this problem.

Stu.
    Not where I thought you were going with that thread title ... I was expecting a new type of screen protector or something ;-)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Not where I thought you were going with that thread title ... I was expecting a new type of screen protector or something ;-)
    Lol, sorry to disapoint mate.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    And goodness, what size would be advertised on that box - lol
    . . . for use with Pocket Party perhaps?
  6.    #6  
    @djmcgee & grappler. Very good guys.
    i have the 3800 extended battery maybe mine would be the magnum size??
    At least your Pre wears protection, Right?
    lmao 3800 extended battery
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    . . . For use with pocket party perhaps?
    rofl !!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Do they make em for slim Pixi's as well?
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I work in IT and see these things on flash drives all the time. I just plug them into my Mac (or Linux box) and kill the offending files designed to infect and hide from Windows machines.

Google an app called Panda USB for Windows. It places an autorun.inf in the root of the Pre/Flash drive etc. that locks it from being overwitten with a malicious version. I did it to my Pre. Very handy to avoid these annoying viruses.
    Wow. Guess I will have to
    check into this later.