Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

The first 3 minutes aren't too bad, but after that.. they are somewhat relentless on the Pre..

He slides it extremely hard, practically hits the screen when using Google Maps, says to rip off the back cover... shows palm pre's battery being low... crack jokes of its load time..

No wonder Palm has an uphill battle...almost seems as if they are doing this review for laughs.

Btw, the guy is the Assistant Manager...
    sad that the "experts" didn't realize that they didn't need to fully shut down to swap battery even though the menu option and screen told them they could do so
    dude needs to take a shower before worrying about reviewing a device ten months after the fact.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    That was a very valuable review. NOT!!! He needed to watch the tutorial on how to operate the Pre before he attempted it.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    This guy is a major tool...at least his suspenders matched his shirt. A shower and a haircut might help too. As for the review, agree that the first few minutes were good, but when you show your incompetence but putting in an uncharged battery into the phone and then make it look like the phone doesn't work, you are an *****. Makes you wonder how he ever got promoted to asst manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by benly52 View Post

The first 3 minutes aren't too bad, but after that.. they are somewhat relentless on the Pre..

He slides it extremely hard, practically hits the screen when using Google Maps, says to rip off the back cover... shows palm pre's battery being low... crack jokes of its load time..

No wonder Palm has an uphill battle...almost seems as if they are doing this review for laughs.

are you serious??? LOL its just a phone LOL
    that guy is a ******* people like him are the reason people don't buy the pre I hope he chokes on a damn chicken wing
    Quote Originally Posted by benly52 View Post
    [url= - Palm Pre[/url]

Most radio shack employees are complete tools. I have yet to find one that knows what they are talking about. They try to assist me when I go there and I just ignore them when they ask if I need anything.
    by gum look at how fat those fingers are! dang! havent seen a person like that around europe!!!

*honey quick! get some BBQ ribs, some string, a box, a stick and the camera!*
    I wish I could have that part of my life back
    Quote Originally Posted by onedr0p View Post
    Most radio shack employees are complete tools. I have yet to find one that knows what they are talking about. They try to assist me when I go there and I just ignore them when they ask if I need anything.
    A friend of mine was a Radioshack employee... He was a cool guy but didn't know anything about what he was selling. In his opinion, Boost Mobile IDEN is the best service provider lol
    That guy is a moron, yes.
    I'm glad I didn't waste any of my life by watching that video ha ha !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Which part of the demonstration was fake? Was it the difficult to remove battery cover, or the slow shut down and reboot time?
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    That guy is a moron, yes.
    This guy, yeah. Pointless existence. Exept to buy suspenders.

I can't really blame run of the mill RS salesguys, they get very little, if any, training on new products before launch, and absolutely zero when problems are fixed. Management staff oughta have some clue, though. Jeez, it's not like the old days there where three quarters of the product was resistors, caps, transistors, power transformers, hookup cabling, solder, DC fans, and hey, look! A rebranded Pioneer and crap speaker cabs! It's a friggin' K Mart now. Last time I went in there, my mom was doing something, think it was when she activated her Verizon prepaid service. Salesguy went through all the process, gave her the options, nice walkthrough........assistant manager gave the screen a sneer (no sales spiff on prepaid, I guess) grabbed the used phone, threw a case, spare battery, and handsfree kit on the counter and told him to ring them up........none of which my mom asked for, or even wanted. Betcha that saleguy got hammered for not selling the add-ons.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Which part of the demonstration was fake? Was it the difficult to remove battery cover, or the slow shut down and reboot time?
    I was wondering this too. The battery door is not the easiest to get off, and the re-boot time is very slow. I'll admit he did handle the thing like an ogre playing with a bunny, but....

In the end he said that it's a good phone, just don't turn it off...ok, point taken.
    The guy also did a demo of iPhone. You should have seen him trying to take the cover off to change the battery. He was really fumbling around and then just gave up. Then he kept trying to swipe the phone to look at e-mail while playing a game, boy was he pizzed when he lost his best score ever. Training, just not enough of it I guess.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    large retail chains are never good for real technical advice, its just too bad that the people (?) that work at them dont realize this. I was once an employee of Office Depot, awesome, and anything anyone said to the customers was usually bull****. But i suppose that's how sales works. Except most people realize they are saying crap and don't try to pass as an actual technical advisor like these ******s.

Haha and that guy looks like chumlee
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Well, I don't find the battery cover hard to remove. Push the button, and slide your fingernail around the edge and it pops right off. Why would you try to rip it off like that? Also, yes the slow shutdown and startup is real, but the way they handled it (stopwatch popping up right away) makes it seem like the whole point of the video was to rip the Pre for this, so the rest of the video comes off as ingenuine to me.