1.    #1  
    Got my new Pre Plus last saturday from verizon.
    Now... actually I will be going back to verizon to get a different pre plus as my keyboard backlight has issues. It seems like there is only one light in the middle of the keyboard and it doesn't light up the left or right side of the keyboard very well. I have played around with the backlight settings and it still seems wrong.

Other question. When texting a long message it breaks up the text into multiple messages and sends them out. So if I text my girlfriend who has an LG touch and I send a message that is three texts worth it will actually send her three texts but when she sends me a long message she will get a message saying message delivered to blah blah blah as plain text. Destination does not support enhanced messaging service. And I get all the texts separately and then a message saying preceding msg modified . media objects were removed.
    Now... this is pretty annoying I'd say. to get an extra message every time we go over 160 characters. and we text a lot. When I had the alias 2 we would just get really long texts... Is there anyway around those annoying messages? or being able to send the whole message all at once?
    have you check out homebrew yet by any chance, chances are if you don't like something that their is already a patch for it
    That sounds weird.

When you press with your keyboard, does the backlight kinda move? I had a phone that had those same issues and it did this too.

Why dont you lovebirds send emails or facebook messages?
    theres the character counter patch which would allow you to see when youre about to hit 160 characters, and then you can send multiple messages.

wont help your girlfriend though when shes sending to you.

i gotta say though, if you guys are sending texts that are that long, and defeating the purpose of a text message anyway, why not just send emails? another plus to that is youll have a saved copy of all your dirty talk for years down the road. and then when you break up, you can relish in the pleasure of deleting each and every one of her passionate lies.
  5.    #5  
    i'm kind of scared to start using preware or homebrew or anything like that. just because I'm scared of screwing something up in the phone.
    And I would just send emails and facebook messages but sadly she only has like 7mbs of internet a month on her phone and the LG touch web browser is pretty lame. :/
  6.    #6  
    Oh and yes when I press on some of the keys like the H key it looks like it gets brighter like it gets closer to the light
    Its pretty hard to screw anything up on the Pre. Homebrew is great. Theres a patch for pretty much everything
    if there's a text that you need to send your gf and it's gonna take more than 320 characters to convey you may want to consider calling her. The Pre does do that (phone calls) as well....
    Even if you do mess up your phone, the magical people here will help you fix it
    Time to get VIRAL
  10.    #10  
    Should I just search these forums for homebrew apps? or somewhere else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenteeric View Post
    Should I just search these forums for homebrew apps? or somewhere else?
    http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/ but for patchs u need preware or wosqi(webos quick install)
    Last edited by Menace187; 03/21/2010 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    if there's a text that you need to send your gf and it's gonna take more than 320 characters to convey you may want to consider calling her. The Pre does do that (phone calls) as well....
    You just beat me to it!! Mahahha!

You are texting, not writing a novel!

I think e-mails are your best bet, as above mentioned. That is if your GF phone can send and receive mails...
    I have honestly never had that problem with my Pre. It must be a Verizon thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    I have honestly never had that problem with my Pre. It must be a Verizon thing.
    Ditto to that. Must be Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/ but for patchs u need preware or wosqi(webos quick install)
    Or Browse patches here to see what's available
    dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal (thanks dBsooner)
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i gotta say though, if you guys are sending texts that are that long, and defeating the purpose of a text message anyway, why not just send emails? another plus to that is youll have a saved copy of all your dirty talk for years down the road. and then when you break up, you can relish in the pleasure of deleting each and every one of her passionate lies.
    Is not bitter. Not at all.
    Why does this site declare "Pre" not to be a word? Please explain.
    the only thing I miss fro, blackberry is the bbm.. My gf and I text a lot as well and bbm probably saved us a bundle. Solution wen I got the pre: we both use google chat, and simply keep it on all the time. Hardly any noticeable difference from bbm