1.    #1  
    So recently a friend of mine bought a palm pre. I running the original pre from sprint which I've had since September. He really likes the phone, and I'm getting him to patch it and everything. But the other day we had a conversation on how we use the phone. He came from a moment, so he was really into the widget scene. So when i picked up his phone i saw he had multiple cards open, and I asked him why. He said since they're live they update and they act like widgets. I thought this over and said well doesnt that kill the battery? but surprisingly it didn't! So I tried it myself, I am currently running 11 live apps (phone, messaging, music, weather, web, etc.) I found it runs really well w/ no lag and battery drain in only minimal, i went the whole day like that and ended the day w/ 32%. I didn't even have to open other apps, so that may have saved my battery some.

So what I'm getting at, is how do you use WebOS? Like I once did open and closing apps constantly and only multitasking when need be? Or using them like widgets and always multitasking? Or some other awesome way?

I think by using the widget style it really shows off the multitasking ability of WebOS!
    I prefer closing apps when I'm not using them, unless I'm using something in Classic that I might want later since it takes so long to load. I'll multi-task like crazy when I'm using the phone, but I usually close everything when I put it down. I dunno, I just like the clean screen with no cards open. It looks too cluttered to me otherwise.
    I thought that when they are opened they are not live,but instead you have to refresh them once you get back in their. Sometimes even with a grey screen,unless you have a patch for that.
  4. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Me too - I tend to run a lot in parallel during active use but then close everything before putting it down. I also like looking at my wallpapers :-)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I like a clean look to and you can have the best of both worlds if you use the Clear Card app (no relation, just a happy user). I can have any apps open I like, select this app and it shows my desktop (Wallpaper Switcharoo) as the active card.

A very nice combination, if you ask me. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I like a clean look to and you can have the best of both worlds if you use the Clear Card app (no relation, just a happy user). I can have any apps open I like, select this app and it shows my desktop (Wallpaper Switcharoo) as the active card.

A very nice combination, if you ask me. :-)
    I tried this, but even with the clear card in the middle, I still didn't like looking at the edges of the other cards. I know, I have issues, but I'm ok with that.
    anybody like that clear card app??
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    I "had" it, but it really was not for me, but a lot of other people seamed to like it tho.
    quite a few people on here keep cards open and it really is one of the biggest advantages of WebOS.

i personally don't do it all the time. only when im out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    I used to clear off my screen to give it that uncluttered look instead of running a bunch of cards all day. Clear card has been awesome for changing how I use webOS in that respect. Leaving cards open is definitely an advantage over opening/closing them all day like you are forced to do on the icrapple.

Seems to be slightly laggy at the end of the day though and I'm not sure what the culprit is.
    somethibg makes me close it.. I have to close everything before putting it away. But when i'm using it it's the other way around. Right now I have 2 cards open, and I feel likes it's not enough.. I feel like I need to open mor cards..
    I use clear card too, and love it.. I always have my teal speed launcher and super contacts apps open. I leave clear card open in full size, a swipe left and I have the launcher and a swipe right to my contacts, very fast and simple...
    I close everything out that I'm not actively using, really. I generally don't do much that requires multiple cards open at one time, and I don't mind that two-second delay in a program opening.
    I use my phone for a number of things and I only keep cards open when I will need the card later on. Granted there have been days where I had a ton of cards open all day, but usually Ill close them out. I have toyed with the idea of keeping certain apps open at all times to allow for quicker access to what Ill need.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    I take full advantage of WebOS - I keep all the core apps open (at least the ones I use all day): phone, messaging, email, etc. This is what I love about WebOS. I just wish they minimize to the small card size as default so I can see my wallpaper. :-)
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!