Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Newbie here
    I have searched and researched this topic (so be kind). While I sat here and watched an episode of Damages (great show by the way) I had the battery tick of 10% in the 44 minutes!!!!!!!
    At this time email is manual, GPS is off, Wifi on and screen at lowest setting and this still happened. The only thing that I am unsure and this is where my research failed me is that the developer program (the one you use to put homebrews and patches was still running. Could that little program be the culprit, really?!?!?!?!
    Anyway love the phone have had for 2 days but tonite the battery has taken a beating. I ran 8 miles yesterday with Pandora running, GPS on and instant email and it didn't drain like this. So I'm stumped, I hope this is not sign of things to come.
    Jeff
    if the phone is brand new, give the battery and all the background processes: synergy, palm profile, calender, contacts, and email...about a week, then battery life gradually improves.

Make sure you shut off google talk and other IM services if you don't use them.

If you are using WiFi, there is no reason to leave on 3G or other data connections. Go to phone, preferences, and shut off data usage.

besides what you mentioned in your post, these by far increased my battery life tremendously.

welcome to the palm pre plus family!!!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I suggest you turn off the wifi as well. 1.4 seems to do well w battery when wifi, gps and im are off. Kind of weird cuz with wifi on used to do well on 1.3.5 w battery life, but not for 1.4.
    Also make sure Yahoo contacts is off. For some reason, yahoo contacts is a battery killer, well it least it was in the past (for me).
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    my solution for way better battery life is to turn off roaming. You can do that in the phone app, use the drop down menu on the top left select preferences the switch it to verizon only then update your prl settings and network settings at the bottom of the page
    Without WiFi, data, GPS, or whatever running, I have gotten 20 hours out of 23% of my battery. A little more than 1% an hour, which is pretty respectable considering I've used it extensively for texting and occasionally checking e-mail/e-bay on WiFi. Truth be told, the battery life is amazing if all your phone features are off!
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Without WiFi, data, GPS, or whatever running, I have gotten 20 hours out of 23% of my battery. A little more than 1% an hour, which is pretty respectable considering I've used it extensively for texting and occasionally checking e-mail/e-bay on WiFi. Truth be told, the battery life is amazing if all your phone features are off!
    haha..

having it off makes it even better...
    Yea.. I kind of thought about that when I wrote that post...
    Leave WiFi on, the 3G chip consumes so much battery its horrific. You can literally watch your % drop while transferring large amounts of data over 3G. WiFi is much more economical in terms of battery usage.