1.    #1  
    Hey all,
    So this week I finally bought a Palm Pre Plus. After walking out of the Verizon store, I opened started playing with the phone. It came with 1.3.5.1 installed. When they gave it to me, it had less than 35% battery in it, and it lasted for a for a decent amount of time with pretty heavy use. Obviously, webOS isn't known for it's stellar battery life, so I was happy with that. But then I got home and charged it up again, and updated to 1.4, and installed Preware. 1.4... this is where troubles began. I got frequent random luna restarts (especially with Dr. Podder, Music Player Remix) and the email app kept asking me to add accounts. But the killer was the battery life. It was... just comically bad. I don't know how long it lasted, but it felt like it couldn't have been more than 3 hours at best. So after doctoring my Pre+ (to 1.4) I charged it all night. At around 11 AM I left to go to NYC for the day. I listened to podcasts through the Pre the whole drive. I got to NYC and I used the Pre more (Maps, Web, Evernote etc.) and it died between 2-:2:45 if I recall correctly. That's around 3-3.5 hours of battery life. Well, I'm getting royally sick of this terrible battery life. So I thought... why not just doctor back to 1.3.5.1! Well, I've searched around and can't find anything. Even all the webOS Internals links are dead. I can't find anything. Can someone help me? I really would like to downgrade. Thanks

PS: It's worth noting that when I asked for a Pre at the VZW store, no one pushed me to a Driod! The Verizon store was far more Driod-focused (the employees were pushing Driods and wearing Driod cards!), but they did at least have a section for the Pre and Pixi, and there were a good amount of people checking them out, and the employee I talked to seemed to know her way around webOS.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Thanks, but, as I said in the post... the webOS internals links are dead. I appreciate the thought, but in the future, please fully read the post before responding. I mean that as kindly as possible. Thanks.
    If Palm doesn't distribute the Doctor themselves, then it appears you are S.O.L.

1.4 really is better if you just start with *it*. Upgrades to 1.4 seem to be problematic. At least in my experience...

Only reason I'd want to go back to 1.4.5.1 is if I wanted to shave 1 or 2 seconds off app load times... or perhaps use Terminal (oh, how I miss thee).

EDIT: btw... I'd like to understand the reasoning behind taking the old Doctors down. I'm assuming it's purely economical, but there might be more to it than that..
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I've got a previous .jar file on my PC that I believe is 1.3.5.1 but I'm not sure how to verify. Launching it I get version 170.220 01/03/10.

If someone can verify the version, or tell me how to verify, I can make it available.
    Jan 03 2010 IS 1.3.5.1

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I have 1.3.5 i can link you to my dropbox if youre interested

Follow the link below.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I've got a previous .jar file on my PC that I believe is 1.3.5.1 but I'm not sure how to verify. Launching it I get version 170.220 01/03/10.

If someone can verify the version, or tell me how to verify, I can make it available.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I have 1.3.5 i can link you to my dropbox if youre interested
    Thank you both so much! Could you please post it? One question though... is it for the VZW Pre Plus? Thank you!
    Seb_or_Sam...

It sounds like Sprint... but you can still install it to your phone if you absolutely must. You've just gotta use the Meta-Doctor (see sig) to "remove carrier check"... and you'll prolly want to enable a few other things as well.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Seb_or_Sam...

It sounds like Sprint... but you can still install it to your phone if you absolutely must. You've just gotta use the Meta-Doctor (see sig) to "remove carrier check"... and you'll prolly want to enable a few other things as well.
    Awesome, thanks. But is there any chance this will brick my Pre Plus? I know there are some differences between the Sprint Pre and the VZW Pre Plus (double the RAM, no center button, and I suppose a different radio) and I'm worried about how this will work...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb_or_Sam View Post
    Awesome, thanks. But is there any chance this will brick my Pre Plus? I know there are some differences between the Sprint Pre and the VZW Pre Plus (double the RAM, no center button, and I suppose a different radio) and I'm worried about how this will work...
    There's always a chance... but it's like 0.00000001% chance that you could brick your Pre.

If it doesn't work, you'll still be able to put the 1.4 Verizon Doctor back on there.

The double ram and no center button are not issues whatsoever. But I have not heard about this different radio. What's that about?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    There's always a chance... but it's like 0.00000001% chance that you could brick yur Pre.

If it doesn't work, you'll still be able to put the 1.4 Verizon Doctor back on there.

The double ram and no center button are not issues whatsoever. But I have not heard about this different radio. What's that about?
    Awesome then, time to boot up good ol' Ubtunu
    I don't think they have different radios on second thought... I just thought they did because of the issues people had with MMS not sending on VZW when Wi-Fi was on but that wasn't happening to any Sprint Pre out there, but on second thought, that's almost certainly software, because all carriers implement messaging differently. I mean, they're both WCDMA, so I doubt the radios would be different. Sorry, that was a long nerd-out by me
    Thanks for helping me out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb_or_Sam View Post
    I mean, they're both WCDMA, so I doubt the radios would be different.
    Technically... they're both 1xRTT/CDMA/EV-DO.

W-CDMA == UMTS, which is the building ground for GSM networks.

So if anybody ever tells you that GSM is better. Ask them why their 3G network is called W-CDMA!!