1.    #1  
    Verizon to end promotion for Palm Pre Plus

"An inside source at Verizon now tells us that Verizon will end all promotion for the device at the end of the month."

I sure hope this isn't true.
    nope don't believe it..
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Which device are they talking about?
    sounds like their source is a member here...
    "In a way, it really isn't fair to Palm," our source says. "People would come in and look at the Palm Pre Plus, but our Verizon salespeople would show them the Droid. The Palm Pre really is a nice device."
    and im not saying that this isnt a possibility, but of all the tech reporting websites out there, why put any faith in "The Examiner?"
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    Which device are they talking about?
    seriously?
    even so It would not be that much of a big deal if verizon stops pushing webos,once they do that then I bet droid sales will go down also lol, since everytime someone wanted a pre,they would say no YOU NEED A DROID THE PRE IS CRAP.
    Last edited by Menace187; 03/21/2010 at 11:49 PM.
    If this horribly written piece ends up having such a scoop, I'll be shocked. Since it sounds like a 10-year-old's blog (and my apologies to 10-year-olds everywhere), I'm going to give it precisely that much credence.

Come on, folks, there's enough bad news going around without referencing this kind of crap.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    That will bring the stock price to $2 if the market catches that.

Hey if it's false then buy on the dip and once news comes out that the piece is incorrect, it will correct itself back to $4... or at least $3. %50-100% is not bad for a days work.

Learnt that watching a video from Jim Cramer... he use to use Bob Pizani like his little girl sending false info when he was with his hedge fund.

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If this horribly written piece ends up having such a scoop, I'll be shocked. Since it sounds like a 10-year-old's blog (and my apologies to 10-year-olds everywhere), I'm going to give it precisely that much credence.

Come on, folks, there's enough bad news going around without referencing this kind of crap.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    If they are ending promotions then something has to be done with all that excess inventory, no? Two possibilities:

(a) The promotion will end to be replaced with another one or the story isn't accurate.

(b) Verizon will claim the Pre is defective and return shipment or has some agreement or ability to discontinue sales of the Pre Plus.

I'd say possibility (a) is much more likely.
    theyre talking about PROMOTING, not PROMOTIONS. as in advertising. not Buy One Get One Free offers.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Actually, it states it on the Verizon website as well... I saw another ad that said the Palm price ended 03/31 as well on another site...
    Sounds like false info. This is in the comments

Yahoo! Message Boards - Palm, Inc. (PALM) - The ads will start Feb 1st

all planned from the beginning
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    I think it will soon become get a pre, and get 50 bucks back.. Or first month free...