1.    #1  
    i can't figure this out for the life of me and it's really ****ing me off.

i got all my contacts off of my old Palm Treo 680 from the desktop softwere.
    Now, I would like all of those contacts to be in my Palm Profile how do i transfer them.

Also, why isn't there a desktop version for the PRE that i could organize my whole phone and back it up onto my computer and not the cloud as they call it.
    This might help with your first program:
    Palm - Move Calendar and Contacts to your new webOS™ phone

If you want to back up your data I would recommend syncing to google and then using something to back that up. Google Sync services that might help.
    I assume what you actually mean is "why isn't there a *free* desktop version for the PRE". To quote the Palm website here:

Palm - Sync with your existing desktop organizer using add-on software

"Your webOS™ phone was designed to sync with web-based accounts rather than a local computer. But if you're hooked on your old desktop organizer, you may be able to find a third-party solution that connects your phone with your desktop software."

IMHO, you're missing one of the nicer aspects of webOS if you insist on desk-top-syncing. I know there's plenty of reasons why people want/need this ... that's a shame. I've thoroughly enjoyed using Google for both contacts and calendar.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    You need to look at CompanionLink software and transfer everything to Google calendars and Google Contacts. IMO forget about the Palm Profile and use Google as your default PIM.