1.    #1  
    Many of the recent ads either via VzW or Palm itself have been disappointing. They don't clearly show the real capabilities of the device. Given the financial turmoil the company is in as well as the poor perception in the market place, poor ad campaign, and the moron analysts price targets of 0, it is difficult for palm to jumpstart the sales on its own at least in the short term.

We, the current avid users of Palm Pre and Pre Plus(as well as Pixi and Pixi Plus), should really show around what these phones can do. Palm can really use this word of mouth advertisement. When friends and family get this info first hand from some they (hopefully) trust, this will have a much bigger impact in pulling in new users to the webos marketplace. So current users get off your bud and start promoting these phones to your dear ones. We really need this mobile platform to survive. This is a fantastic phone and it is a simple case of poor execution on part of the company. Don't confuse company's missteps for poor product. Hopefully Palm can put in a new aggressive marketing strategy and turnaround its sales.

Hopefully the pilot program jump start at VzW is also helping a little. People just need to give this phone a shot. People are currently simply avoiding palm products and they don't have a clue as to what they are missing. It is our job to educate them about this awesome mobile platform and all its capabilities and very simple user interface.

Go Palm and kick some *** now. We are all rooting for you...
    As a recent convert to the Pre (in the UK) I am starting to annoy my friends because I won't shut up about how good this phone is! The marketing in the UK also fails to push the pre's capabilities, relying instead on some notion of "coolness" - it IS a cool phone, but people want to know what it can do!
    I remember showing my apple fanatic friend that I can minimize games and go right back to them. This really impressed him. Palm just needs to show this in an ad.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    oh i thought you meant like an actor endorsing web os like how verizon has that one guy who is an actor throwing postcards on a verizon map and downloading himself
    I converted one of my close friends and his brother last night when we were making plans for the evening. I used the VeginOut Guide to find a restaurant suitable for all of us, found the closest theater, checked movie times, bought the tickets (via Fandango) and provided the directions to the restaurant and the theater. As we waited to be seated at the restaurant I used Party Sign to send some silly messages to them since it was kinda loud at the bar, they thought that was hilarious.

We had a conversation about a song that my friend had just heard and really liked, I plugged it into Pandora so his brother could hear it as well. They kept asking, "Can I do that with my phone?" Nope. They are both eligible for upgrades...and will be getting the Palm Pre Plus with Verizon.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    I converted one of my close friends and his brother last night when we were making plans for the evening. I used the VeginOut Guide to find a restaurant suitable for all of us, found the closest theater, checked movie times, bought the tickets (via Fandango) and provided the directions to the restaurant and the theater. As we waited to be seated at the restaurant I used Party Sign to send some silly messages to them since it was kinda loud at the bar, they thought that was hilarious.

We had a conversation about a song that my friend had just heard and really liked, I plugged it into Pandora so his brother could hear it as well. They kept asking, "Can I do that with my phone?" Nope. They are both eligible for upgrades...and will be getting the Palm Pre Plus with Verizon.
    Way to go...