Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So it won't shoot.. Won't play and won't upload..

and the times it does work the phone will magically delete your work.

I had a video of 16 cop cars raiding a rally and after many failed attempts uploading to youtube It was gone poof bam f n Id ots

I am steaming with hate towards this phone!
    No problem here.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    mine works flawlessly...ive used it many times.
    use mine all the time with no problems.. you must be doing something wrong..
    more n likely it is operator over equipment that is the issue.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    use mine all the time with no problems.. you must be doing something wrong..
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Mine works without issue. I'd be curious to know if the poster has any non-Sprint/Palm software on the phone.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    mines been working great as well
    my upload to facebook never works properly.
  10.    #10  
    It's stock 100%.

I think the video actually deleted after I recorded a 10 min video that showed up as 23 secs, 120mb and wouldn't play.

never knew why ppl hate 1.4 ..now I do.
    I'v never tryed youtube but facebook on the 3 occasions I'v used it worked flawlessly.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
  12.    #12  
    and to those who says it works GREAT, about how long are your videos?
    I had my parents come to visit me this weekend, and I took a few videos ranging from 30 seconds to 2 minutes long. At random, some of the videos, after downloading them to my computer and playing them there, they seemed really choppy. I noticed while it was recording that it would start skipping, but thought it would be fine during playback. Unfortunately, the skipping and choppiness was still happening while trying to watch it. I guess you others are lucky that you don't have this problem.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I've been randomly losing photos and videos since 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I had my parents come to visit me this weekend, and I took a few videos ranging from 30 seconds to 2 minutes long. At random, some of the videos, after downloading them to my computer and playing them there, they seemed really choppy. I noticed while it was recording that it would start skipping, but thought it would be fine during playback. Unfortunately, the skipping and choppiness was still happening while trying to watch it. I guess you others are lucky that you don't have this problem.
    I've run into this issue too but I've found I can get around it by rebooting the phone and then disabling data/wifi while I record video.. I tend to do this any time I know I might be taking video. The less the phone is doing in "the background" the better off you'll be.

Also if you're video uploads are failing don't upload until you have access to a Wifi connection.

I know these are not perfect solutions but it works for me.. Work within the devices capabilities, learn it's quirks and try not to let it get to you. These issues will be worked out in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    and to those who says it works GREAT, about how long are your videos?
    1min 26sec and a 39sec and a 2min 56sec one. not trying to be sarcastic. maybe we can find a link between size and the disappearing acts.

also the jumpiness for me disappears in the first 3 seconds so I just clip it on the pre.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    So it won't shoot.. Won't play and won't upload..

and the times it does work the phone will magically delete your work.

I had a video of 16 cop cars raiding a rally and after many failed attempts uploading to youtube It was gone poof bam f n Id ots

I am steaming with hate towards this phone!
    have you tried a recovery program? First one I would recommend would be PhotoRec
    PhotoRec - CGSecurity
    I haven't had any problem with mine and uploading to facebook. Mine have been between a minute and 2 minutes.
    I've been playing about with the video capability since the recent update. I've not had any of the problems mentioned so far. The longest video clip was just over 2 mins long. The quality is not great, but then it is a phone and not a video camera! Though compared to my previous (non smart) phone this is pretty good. I don't know if it's significant but I'm on O2 in the UK.
    Last edited by TomTheRed; 03/21/2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: two missing words!
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I barely even use the video recording feature but I do have to say 1.4 brought a lot of weird bugs.

Phone will just turn off sometimes or restart, I wont even get a call but have a voice mail like I missed it, and the whole time thing but that fixed itself.

None are really bad enough for me to get really upset but if my recorded videos suddenly disappeared I'd be ****ED too so I can understand your anger.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast