it you watch it on the computer
    you can see everything...just
    not hear the 2nd half.

This is very disappointing with
    how important this was for
    our family. Needless to say I
    will not be trusting the pre
    anymore.
    This is why I would not depend on ANY cell phone to act as a video camera for an important event. I think cell phone cameras and videos are for "oh ****, gotta capture this right now" spontaneous events, not planned events. For planned events I bring a real camera or video camera.
    I've had issues with video recording. It's not user error. Luckily, it works more often than it doesn't. But yeah, I wouldn't trust precious moments to my Pre's abilities.
    I've had this same issue happen to me. Short vids mostly under a couple of minutes. Lost 3 in one day. Not impressed at all
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
  5.    #25  
    Videos I have taken have been between 6 and 12 mins.

I waited for wifi to upload..plugged in.. No use.

stuttery video happens sometimes. Also when recording for a while the image on the screen will just freeze.
    If this is happening to so many people, I do hope that you have contacted Palm if you are experiencing this issue so they can be made aware of the scope of the issue.

You can also try to recover deleted vidoes and photos with recovery tools such as PhotoRec.
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    This is why I would not depend on ANY cell phone to act as a video camera for an important event. I think cell phone cameras and videos are for "oh ****, gotta capture this right now" spontaneous events, not planned events. For planned events I bring a real camera or video camera.
    Never had a problem with my Touch Pro on video recording and in a cramped
    dojo with a 100+ parents walking around the camera from your pocket was just easier. Will be using the dsnap from now on I guess. Or will have to look into a video camera since mine is a dinosaur. Haven't needed one since my other phones worked fine. Pre = not so much.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    Never had a problem with my Touch Pro on video recording and in a cramped
    dojo with a 100+ parents walking around the camera from your pocket was just easier. Will be using the dsnap from now on I guess. Or will have to look into a video camera since mine is a dinosaur. Haven't needed one since my other phones worked fine. Pre = not so much.
    yep, every camera phone I've had works flawless (not the same quality sure) My friends 3gs is very good with video and has recorded for 30 mins straight no problem.

I will definitely contact palm.

thanks for helping with ideas and sharing your own stories unlike the first posts insulting me and being unhelpful.
    Some people tend to be *******.
    Happens with all devices it
    seems. I love my Pre. I am
    wouldn't be surprised if Palm
    fixes the video recording and
    makes it great though. After
    all... It is the video recordings
    first release on this phone.

I am just going to be a bit wary
    with it for a little while. Don't
    want to lose anymore
    precious memories.
    fan boys is a "bad word" here
    but literal cuss words have
    been allowed? Odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffedMojo View Post
    I've been randomly losing photos and videos since 1.4
    I've lost one video (wasn't a big deal) and my Pre is patched pretty heavily.

My wife has lost several photos and videos recently and hers is unpatched.

What we found is that once she hit 240 photos (she shoots everything, the quality is the best we've seen in a phone camera so I can't blame her) nothing else saved. I then removed a few photos from her phone and it seems to be saving again.

Not sure why I lost my video though.
    I've used the video camera at my tests before, luckily I haven't had a problem. Obviously Palm needs to release a fix, it's effecting a lot of people.
    My video recording has been horrible lately, it would start slow, then after recording, say for a minute, the video wouldn't play.
    It would only say it was 1 sec long in the list, and wouldn't play.
    I just tried it a moment ago, it would say 15 seconds, then stop, then say 21 seconds
    But the video was OK.
    Then I just noticed my oldest video is March 4. I did some right after the 1.4 update which was Feb. 27.
    Palm needs to squash this bug ASAP.
  14.    #34  
    fix better come with 1.4.1
    i know there's a lot of bugs and stuff i also lost A vid my GF lost a few pics but my biggest annoyance would have to be when i am recording a video i have to sign out of aim or goon flight mode all together because if u receive a txt/im while recording it stops and doesn't even save what you took.... *** would it do that? i've said this before and no one responded. can anyone here tell me if they can reproduce this? and yes i doctored my phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12