Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Glad you made the decision to get the Pre Plus and not listen to some of the people in here that don't even own Pre's. I've had my launch day Pre now for almost 10 months now, best phone that I've have ever owned.
    If Palm fails - you phone won't stop working!
    Get the pre plus!!!
    It's a shame the way the analysts and stock market have crucified Palm ... becomes a self fulfilling prophecy for just this reason ... it scares people off and makes sales even worse.

As others have said, webOS and the resources for the Pre won't disappear overnight, and the life of a phone is not very long (2 years?). As long as you keep your contacts and calendar in some "open" format (Google?), and don't invest a ton of money on apps (which are typically not very expensive), then there's actually not much of a commitment in buying a Pre. Still very happy with mine after 9 months (and despite the recent doom & gloom).
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch4 View Post
    First time poster here, but I'm at a standstill and don't know what to do. So I'm ready to get a new phone, and played around with a couple at the Verizon store this weekend. I love the Pre Plus. I don't want to get a Droid or a Blackberry (I'm actually returning mine within the 30-day guarantee window). Then I saw the news. With all the possible fates of Palm in the near future, do you think it would be wise to still get a Pre Plus? Even if another company snatched up Palm, it can't be that bad for existing Pre owners, right?

Help!

Many thanks.
    buy it. The phone would keep worki ng even if palm didn't. The have survives worse, and webOS has a vibrant developer community. It wil be 2 yeas before the next techtonic plate sift.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Whether you're scared by the news or unaffected, WAIT...if you must absolutely have the Pre or Pre Plus.

Either:

A) They will right the ship, and carriers will drop the prices on the existing models soon to allow them to do so.
    B) They will fail, and carriers will drop the prices to clear out the garbage.
    what? Aren't they down to 40 bucks or less? Are you saying hhe shoud wait until verizon offers to pay him to take a Pre? They are cheap to the point of being an obvious choice. Buy now!
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch4 View Post
    First time poster here, but I'm at a standstill and don't know what to do. So I'm ready to get a new phone, and played around with a couple at the Verizon store this weekend. I love the Pre Plus. I don't want to get a Droid or a Blackberry (I'm actually returning mine within the 30-day guarantee window). Then I saw the news. With all the possible fates of Palm in the near future, do you think it would be wise to still get a Pre Plus? Even if another company snatched up Palm, it can't be that bad for existing Pre owners, right?

Help!

Many thanks.
    Near future? What do you think is going to happen in the "near future"? Worst case scenario is that Palm doesn't turn the corner, and continues to lose money. At the current burn rate, that puts them out of business late 2011. Even THAT isn't going to happen. If you like the phone, buy it, enjoy it until you find something better.
    Even if Palm does tank(though I doubt it), I'm sure the devices and os will live on. When I had it ( went from Sprint to Verizon) I loved it. Now that VZW has it, I might switch back to it.
    I think if they come out with a different high end webOS device soon, that will set them straight for a bit
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Go Go Go !!!
    Just do it, Aaallllright. lol quag
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12