1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there is a patch that would allow the Pre user to hide their number. I am on the bell Pre and have to dial *67 for every time i want to dial out privately.

I want to be able to skip that process, so basically the patch would enable/disable the use of *67 prefixing the number being called.

Anything like this out there?
    if you check in the phone options there is the ability to not send your caller id actually.
  3.    #3  
    Lol, really? It would be much appreciated if you could just guide me to where i need to be on the phone exactly. Im not too familiar with it.

Thanks.
    Open Phone .
    Open the application menu and tap Preferences.
    In Show my caller ID, tap On or Off.

i checked the User manual and here it is
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. Much appreciated. Now i just gotta wait for my phone to get back home. Brother took it to work while his is being fixed...

=D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    Open Phone .
    Open the application menu and tap Preferences.
    In Show my caller ID, tap On or Off.

i checked the User manual and here it is
    I don't see that... I'm guessing this isn't an option on Sprint?
    i'm using an unlocked GSM pre though i know Sprint has a few differences so you may be right
  8.    #8  
    Looks like a patch would most likely be the ideal solution as the Bell Pre is the same as Sprint. So if any developer out there wants to make it the idea is there. =D

Hopefully something comes up.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    you could save all your contacts that you want to dial private with *67 and use your t's and p's example: *67ttt212 555 1212 that should be a long enough pause you might need to add/delete a t or two
    There is a general solution for prefixing, post-fixing and adapting numbers to dial on the fly (during call time only): my iDiaPlan. See this thread for a previous discussion for the CDMA Pre, even though iDialPlan was developed for 'GSM countries'. iDialPlan itself is on home brew.
  11.    #11  
    is there anyway I can get idialplan from preware. I do not have access to a pc for a while.
    It might be possible for someone to patch in. If you check dialing shortcuts, there's the ability to automatically add a prefix to 4,5,6, and 7 digit numbers.

I don't see any reason why someone couldn't add 10digit numbers to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonn View Post
    is there anyway I can get idialplan from preware. I do not have access to a pc for a while.
    I have submitted iDialplan, so it will show up in Preware probably in a week's time. I'll keep you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ...........I don't see any reason why someone couldn't add 10digit numbers to this.
    That's right and I started that way. I appreciate this is not the GSM thread,yet: iDialPlan copes with many more situations then prefixing an x-digit number, which might be satisfactory for N.A. number schemes. It includes for example removing comments behind numbers as well as support for international calls through calling cards.
    I thought you could call your phone company and request they add caller-id blocking for all your calls(?) I remember shortly after call display came out, sooo many people complained about the lack of privacy that the phone company had to offer a free "opt-out option" for whomever wanted it.. Is that no longer available, or maybe only available for land lines?

BTW, I never answer "blocked caller" calls.. and a lot of people I know also do the same. If you don't want me to know who's calling then I'm not answering
  16.    #16  
    I can tell my provide to block my number but that wont be the case as i want the option to unblock my number on the fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonn View Post
    The iDP app is now available on Preware. The patch has also been submitted and will follow shortly under the category Phone