1.    #1  
    I just got this webOS quick install last night, but i can't install any themes or tweaks. When i go to themes and try to load theme it says "it can't until the new themeing specification is put in place" and when i try to install a tweak i get the msg "i need to install gnu patch and Lsdiff, either one or none is installed" i hit OK to install them and nothing happens! i really want that virtual keyboard and new theme what could be my problem???

im running windows vista
    my pre shows up when i hit "device management" it shows up.
    Last edited by surgman; 03/21/2010 at 04:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm getting same replys. DIfference is I'm on Mac OSX with palm pre. No problem with homebrew apps.
    Thanks to all that reply.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Should have searched first:
    Instead of tweaks, click on the blue arrow below the "+ and -" on the right side of the gui. Check the Pre Internals dropdown box and download lsdiff and GNU. Install them manually and you should be good to go.
  4.    #4  
    awesome man thanks i was just able to do it! themes still aren't working for some reason idk. but at least i got that virtual keyboard. now all i need to know is why it wont go to landscape mode when i tilt it!!
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...er-thread.html

Read that for installing themes.

For patches (I assume that's what you mean by "tweaks") you should use Preware, unless there's a particular one that's only available through Pre Internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by drj400m View Post
    Should have searched first:
    Instead of tweaks, click on the blue arrow below the "+ and -" on the right side of the gui. Check the Pre Internals dropdown box and download lsdiff and GNU. Install them manually and you should be good to go.
    You have 15 post here.... fall back on telling someone to search. Also the search functions absolutely sucks the big one on this forum, no matter what you put in you get the broadest and most jumbled results I've ever seen on a forum.