1.    #1  
    Hi..question...I have noticed on most smartphones that the signal indicator shows the signal level for 3G..and not 3G AND 1x....these signal levels can vary ALOT....since voice is carried on 1x on verizon, how do you know how many 1x bars you have ?? i.e. when you have at least one bar of 3g it seems that you have no signal indicator for 1x....most verizon dumbphones have the indicator both??? (I know this is not unique to the Pre..just curious..cause I use Verizon femtocell and like to know how much 1x signal I have. Thanks
    if it says 1x, you have no 3g. if it says evdo, you're on 3g. no in between, as far as i know.
    normally on verizon when you make a call the 3g or Ev icon drops out and u can only see the 1x, and vis versa for when you are using 3g Internet connection sometimes if the timing is right you can miss a call. that is what them att commercials try to get to their point on att vs verizon when Luke talks about u cant do multiple things on verizon,but you can on att.
    i'm talking about sprint. i'm not sure about verizon.
    Either way,Sprint,Verizon are the same thing they both are cdma. i thought the op was talking about verizon cause he said verizon like two times
    For GSM I've seen:

3G - UMTS I think, full speed
    E - EDGE, aout 128k
    G - GPRS, I saw it once, 9.6kbps

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    if it says 1x, you have no 3g. if it says evdo, you're on 3g. no in between, as far as i know.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE understand that 3G is simply the Generation of technology... Sprint & Verizon CDMA is 3G, you are ALWAYS on 3G....

1x and 1xEVDO simply refer to the Data SPEED ... don't confuse 3G having any reference to those icons!