Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I think the first company that has native visual voice mail with transcription will make a big splash and have about as significant competitive advantage that a feature can give you right now.
    it's already here...YouView
    He's saying native, which I think he means built into the OS instead of regular voicemail.

I have to admit, I wouldn't mind if the VM badge showed how many YouMail messages I have, and instead of dialing a call sent me to the YouView app.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I have Youview and that is what made me realize how big of a game changer this will be for some progressive mobile platform.

I agree with Jhoff about his recommendation for Youview. It would also be very nice if Youview played through the ear piece and via bluetooth in my car like the native Vmail.
    Don't get me wrong, I definitely love YouView, but unfortunately, since it's a third-party app, it's just not possible to be as fully integrated as I might like.
    Are the YouMail transcriptions any better than GV? Because GV transcriptions suck, really badly.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    They are about 90% right on with what isn't clear is clear when you see it in context of the rest of the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    They are about 90% right on with what isn't clear is clear when you see it in context of the rest of the message.
    Not in my experience with GV transcriptions...

They are NEVER even close to what the people are saying. Typically, because there's background noise. Two people talking at once. Somebody talking to another person in the background. Whatever.

GV transcriptions absolutely suck, so I was wondering if anybody actually compared the two...
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    No I was commenting on Youview transcriptions. They are pretty solid, but I have a 7 transcription trial going right now. I think the plans are too expensive in general.