Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. noshooz's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
       #1  
    When I attempted to back up pictures and videos from my Pre to my computer using USB mode, no picture I have taken since Feb 16th, of which there are seven, are appearing on the list and NONE of the videos I have taken are showing up. They are still on the device, but are not showing up in USB mode. Where are they? Is this a 1.4 bug????
  2. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by noshooz View Post
    When I attempted to back up pictures and videos from my Pre to my computer using USB mode, no picture I have taken since Feb 16th, of which there are seven, are appearing on the list and NONE of the videos I have taken are showing up. They are still on the device, but are not showing up in USB mode. Where are they? Is this a 1.4 bug????
    Where are you looking that you're claiming that they're on the device, but not showing up in USB mode? Are you looking in the root directory? You need to check the applicable folders in the DCIM folder.
  3. noshooz's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
       #3  
    I'm looking where all photos are located, the DCIM -> 100PALM folder. The listing stops at Feb 16, 2010. There should be seven more photos but they are not showing up.
  4. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by noshooz View Post
    I'm looking where all photos are located, the DCIM -> 100PALM folder. The listing stops at Feb 16, 2010. There should be seven more photos but they are not showing up.
    They're not showing up in the DCIM -> 100PALM folder, yet you're able to see them in the Photo App? If I understand you correctly, then you can look in the upper left corner when viewing the photo, and it will tell you what folder the photo is stored in.
  5. noshooz's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    They're not showing up in the DCIM -> 100PALM folder, yet you're able to see them in the Photo App? If I understand you correctly, then you can look in the upper left corner when viewing the photo, and it will tell you what folder the photo is stored in.
    Correct. In the upper left I see "Photo Roll". I remain dumbfounded as to why these photos do not appear in the DCIM/100PALM folder.
  6. #6  
    Just for giggles , have you tried connecting you phone to your computer and asking the computer to search the whole phone (USB dive partition) for photos?
  7. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Just for giggles , have you tried connecting you phone to your computer and asking the computer to search the whole phone (USB dive partition) for photos?
    I was going to suggest this, as well as opening the photo on the phone via the photo app, e-mailing it to yourself, and then placing it back on the device into the directory of your choice. While you may end up with 2 copies of said photos on the device, at least you'll be able to manipulate the copy in any way you'd like....One other option would be to check the DCIM -> 100PALM folder via Internalz if you already have that installed on the phone.

Posting Permissions