Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Again, turning backups off and doing a full erase or a secure full erase will end up in an absolutely clean state, other than the fact your apps get reinstalled (with their settings all back to defaults).
    I've done a full erase with 1.4, and there was still something hangning around. I'd imagine that a secure full erase would get the job done.

Don't have my phone, but I thought that secure full erase had to be done thru the website. I just went there, and I click on "Device Info".. and it says "I Lost My Phone" or "Close". Perhaps I just don't remember the word Secure in the "More Info" screen on the Pre?? Hmm....
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I turned off the backup, deleted the old one, turned Backup on and now my phone works great! I attest to this fix
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal85 View Post
    I turned off the backup, deleted the old one, turned Backup on and now my phone works great! I attest to this fix
    Did your free apps stick around, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal85 View Post
    This worked for me for a period of time, but then it reverted back to its previous behavior. I don't think this is a long-term fix.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12