1.    #1  
    Just installed the new Pandora and it seems to have fixed all of the audio streaming issues. I was one of the diehards who wouldn't Web doctor. I did try Webrepair to no avail. And using Quickinstall I deleted the folder with the media.jsjsjs $file$ $that$ $supposedly$ $causes$ $the$ $issue$, $then$ $restored$ $it$ $with$ $Webrepair$. $That$ $DIDN$'$T$ $fix$ $the$ $issue$ $with$ $streaming$ $audio$ $but$ $DID$ $fix$ $the$ $issue$ $with$ $ringtone$ $previews$ $and$ $Sprint$ $TV$. $But$ $the$ $newest$ $patch$ $fixed$ $it$ $all$. $Now$ $I$ $have$ $Slacker$, $Pandora$, $Accuradio$....$and$ $they$ $all$ $work$ $brilliantly$

HURRAY

Mark
  2.    #2  
    Okay, so I spoke too soon. Pandora and Slacker and Sticher all work perfectly....but weirdly, Accuradio and Radiotime do not work...same weird, endless whirling thing that used to happen with Pandora and Slacker. And ideas why those would be different? I'm happy with the ones that work but I'd love to know why half started working and half did not.
    I'm not familiar with the issue cause I went straight back to 1.3.5.1 when I experianced a number of other bugs. What was happening with Pandora again? I'm going back to 1.4 soon and I use Pandora alot, but I won't go back if there are issues with it.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    What's the bug exactly? I've had 0 problems with pandora and accu since 1.4.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Yeah, I installed the latest Pandora patch. Did anyone else notice that the newest patch disables the front screen controls when on the Touchstone? I know they worked before the latest update and now they don't work.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Palm is changing the audio system. It's a different implementation in 1.4 versus 1.3.5.1. media.jsjsjs $is$ $used$ $to$ $bridge$ $them$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $when$ $exactly$ $we$'$ll$ $implement$ $the$ $1$.$4$ $version$ $seeing$ $as$ $we$'$d$ $need$ $the$ $majority$ $of$ $our$ $users$ $to$ $be$ $using$ $1$.$4$. $Right$ $now$, $less$ $than$ $half$ $of$ $our$ $users$ $are$ $using$ $1$.$4$. $It$'$s$ $really$ $a$ $boondoggle$. $If$ $we$ $release$ $a$ $1$.$4$ $and$ $above$ $version$, $then$ $1$.$3$.$5$ $and$ $below$ $users$ $can$'$t$ $use$ $it$.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
  7.    #7  
    Ah HA! That makes sense Doc. That's for clearing that up. The issue, for those that were wondering, happened only to a few hundred folk. Basically, after the 1.4 update, no streaming audio apps worked at all. In addition, it broke Sprint TV for some people and prevented you from previewing ringtones. Most people found success by WebDoctoring the phone. But, knowing how many hours it would take to restore my phone, I was determined to hang in there and try to solve the issue without wiping the phone. Some successfully restored the missing files using Linux rooting....I did that method and it did not fix my issues. Hopefully 1.5 or 1.4x will fix all these issues once and for all.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Palm is changing the audio system. It's a different implementation in 1.4 versus 1.3.5.1. media.jsjsjs $is$ $used$ $to$ $bridge$ $them$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $when$ $exactly$ $we$'$ll$ $implement$ $the$ $1$.$4$ $version$ $seeing$ $as$ $we$'$d$ $need$ $the$ $majority$ $of$ $our$ $users$ $to$ $be$ $using$ $1$.$4$. $Right$ $now$, $less$ $than$ $half$ $of$ $our$ $users$ $are$ $using$ $1$.$4$. $It$'$s$ $really$ $a$ $boondoggle$. $If$ $we$ $release$ $a$ $1$.$4$ $and$ $above$ $version$, $then$ $1$.$3$.$5$ $and$ $below$ $users$ $can$'$t$ $use$ $it$.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    That's amazing, 1.4 has been out for 3 weeks, and less than half of Pre users are using it?
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    That's amazing, 1.4 has been out for 3 weeks, and less than half of Pre users are using it?
    Wrong. Less than half of RadioTime users are using it. Big difference.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Wrong. Less than half of RadioTime users are using it. Big difference.
    Thanks, I need to wake up.
    Thanks, I need to wake up.
    No problem. We wouldn't want any nasty rumors to circulate saying that no one is using 1.4.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    People are incredibly slow at upgrading. You have to realize that a large majority of users aren't PreCentral type people. They're just average Joes and Jills and don't necessarily pay attention to the upgrade cycle. We still have people actively using version 1.0.0 of our application even with the first menu item in our app displaying "Upgrade Available" (I can tell by the ad request code what version a user is using of both the OS and the app).

It's going to be a long time before everybody is upgraded to 1.4.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    I think most people not upgraded to 1.4 actually are Precentral users. The reason for this is that you need to manually disable updates, otherwise you'll get the automatic update prompt within the first week, which you can only dismiss without updating 3 times before you're forced to update.

... At least, that's how it's supposed to work. I've never waited long enough without manually hitting the refresh button to see this in action.

Application updates, on the other hand, you have to do manually, so I could see how the general public would still be on the initial version of the app.
    I know Jh is a big timer but I have to disagree with something he said.

I had a problem with conflicting files for WOSQI but once that was straightened out, everything was amazingly simple with everything updating automatically.

People shoudl realize how fantastic this OS is. Still prone to operators, my too many manual downloads, but actually for the neophyte, very friendly.

The autoupdate went well, I just had to push it. Now back to normal, and loving it even more with all the available customizations.

I have used and hacked every Palm phone system in four generations and wish they would get their act together. Way ahead of the curve.
    Pandora on the ipod Touch has an option to keep the screen on, so you can see the album art. I don't see this available for Pandora's Pre version. Am I missing it somewhere? I'd like to display the album art while it is docked (and charging) on a touchstone, either at my desk or in my car.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    AlbanyHDTV,
    Are you asking for the screen to not "sleep" and display the time when using Pandora on the Touchstone? I ask because right now, I have Pandora running, playing music, and it's on the Touchstone. I see the album art, and I also can use the buttons/controls. If I want the screen to stay on all the time, I use NoDoze to keep the screen on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
    AlbanyHDTV,
    Are you asking for the screen to not "sleep" and display the time when using Pandora on the Touchstone? I ask because right now, I have Pandora running, playing music, and it's on the Touchstone. I see the album art, and I also can use the buttons/controls. If I want the screen to stay on all the time, I use NoDoze to keep the screen on.
    Thanks for the info. I did install the "More Standby Times" patch that enables the screen to be set to "never" turn off. (I use this when running google maps) It's just that I have to open another card to do so, and then remember to turn it off.

I know the ipod Touch version of Pandora has the option to force the screen to stay on right in the app, so I was asking where it is in the webOS version of Pandora. When I close the app on the Touch, the screen lock goes away, too. Thought I was just looking in the wrong place on the Pre, however it looks like it is not available in the webOS version?