Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been on these forums for a bit now, but have only recently gotten my Pre. Obviously, I knew of the potential hardware issues and the lack of build quality of the device I was going to get (Sprint Palm Pre). So when I got my Pre last Tuesday, I was simply shocked that it was the exact opposite of what people had been saying it was. The slider felt solid - absolutely no Oreo effect, and the device just felt solid. I don't know if it is because it is newer, or if I just got lucky, but I didn't get the device that everyone on these forums seem to be complaining about..
    Yea I know. I haven't had any problem with mine either. I don't see the problem..
    me either, makes ya wonder if they are telling the truth
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAlex1992 View Post
    I have been on these forums for a bit now, but have only recently gotten my Pre. Obviously, I knew of the potential hardware issues and the lack of build quality of the device I was going to get (Sprint Palm Pre). So when I got my Pre last Tuesday, I was simply shocked that it was the exact opposite of what people had been saying it was. The slider felt solid - absolutely no Oreo effect, and the device just felt solid. I don't know if it is because it is newer, or if I just got lucky, but I didn't get the device that everyone on these forums seem to be complaining about..
    That describes my launch-day Pre, which remains problem-free.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    you guys (with the exception of wynand32) received the new batch the original batch from release to around october was the one famous for it's poor quality
    I agree, my has been nearly flawless. Granted I get the double type on occasion, but it is so rare that it is impossible to say if it is the device or me. I've dropped it a few times, and I keep it in my pocket. Basically, I do not baby it. It is still early for mine, but I do not feel like the build quality is an issue at all.

e_t
    I've had a little wiggle in each of my Pres, but nothing serious.
    6 months now and no problems.
    Same here... I've had no issues with my Pre (August purchase) at all until recently with the dreaded USB crack running up onto the screen. I'll get it swapped and see how the replacement is built. I'm not too worried though.
    great build quality thus far on my pre plus for VZW
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    The Wife and I have two Launch day (sprint) pres and we have had no issues at all yet. I baby mine but the wife has given her's quite a beating and still in great shape. I don't think anyone is lying but I do believe the issues have been exaggerated in many cases. Particularly the Oreo. If I twist any slider enough I'm sure it will break.
    yeah wait a few weeks then you'll see the oreo effect.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    The newer ones may have a little wiggle, but not the oreo effect.
    Trust me. I got my Pre the first week and it was god awful. I could pull the last half and first half of the phone to make a thick gap.

Luckily I am only on my third Pre.... it's good enough to keep, but could be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    That describes my launch-day Pre, which remains problem-free.
    Same here......
    I have a little bit of a wiggle, battery door was creaking like crazy when I was texting so I had to put scotch tape to fix that. Power button crapped out on me, so I had to stuff some paper in there to make it so it can have a better contact....It's good that yours is fine, I love the OS, not the build quality.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    yeah wait a few weeks then you'll see the oreo effect.
    +1
    yeah its good now give it some time you'll see.
    I got a Pre on launch day when I called the nearest Sprint store around noon and they still had one. But I returned it within the 30 day period because I determined the Pre was not ready at the time for prime time. I remember there was no way to back everything up or even get my old calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks over reliably.

Just had an opportunity to get a new one and I really like it now, flaws and all, but it is much improved now. It doesn't get as hot, for one thing. I like it now!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Mine's been fine, no more wiggle than I expect from a slider, feels solid, even managed a whole lot of me smashing it into the pavement in a fall a couple of days ago (granted, in a case, but still impressive). Mine's a November build, so I expect it'll be better than early release models.
    yeah, the one I have now seemed perfect til all of the sudden the phone rings today and I noticed the speaker was completely blown! Went from being perfect the day before, and the next broken! I babied this Pre and the two I've had previously, that had some of the other hardware issues people complain of. I even went so far as to not play any music through the speaker, (aside from ringtones), and never turn the volume up all the way, in fear of the blown speakers I've read here about! Don't drop it, keep it in a Palm case, and still it breaks... Don't get it really. I've got the insurance, so another one is coming, but it's my third, and it's a pain to start fresh again. Why do I have to love WebOs so much? In a way, I wish it sucked so I could leave Palm without feeling any remorse.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast