1.    #1  
    I was on a train journey and i got the 10% warning. I figured if i turn off 3G, and use 2G only, it will use less battery, and therefore last longer (until i reach home at least)

So i switch it in the phone options when the battery was at 10%. As soon as I do this, it gave me the "Low battery, will shut down soon" warning. I was confused, checked the battery, and saw it was at 0%!!

So by trying to save the battery, i had actually done the opposite and killed the battery.

That's not right is it?

There's a lot of things which annoy about the phone, but most are minor and I just learn to live with it. But this was just ridiculous I thought
    no, ur phone didn't have any life left 10% is not much. When you turned the phone on and turned 3g off the phone used the little battery it had left.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    no, ur phone didn't have any life left 10% is not much. When you turned the phone on and turned 3g off the phone used the little battery it had left.
    The phone was already on, so it didnt use up any battery switching on. And I know for a fact that the phone can last from 10% down to 0% for longer than 30 seconds, usually.

Surely it cant take that much power to switch 3G off?
    when you turned the screen on, obviously the phone was on already. But some times the phone says 10% and it will die with in seconds.
    Did the phone actually shut off? My Pre went from 32% to 0% within a matter of minutes and it actually stayed alive for a few hours before finally dying.
    Honestly you shouldn't be letting your battery get that low in the first place. Anyways, it was just a fluke that the battery was mis-reporting 10% when in fact it was almost dead. Li-Ion batteries cannot be reliably gauged below approximately 30%.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Honestly you shouldn't be letting your battery get that low in the first place. Anyways, it was just a fluke that the battery was mis-reporting 10% when in fact it was almost dead. Li-Ion batteries cannot be reliably gauged below approximately 30%.
    What he said. Always put it back in the charger between 40-60% or else you are killing the cells in your battery.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    No, it doesn't. You were already low. If you really want to save battery just turn the data off completely.