View Poll Results: Would you stay with the Pre if you were me, or go for the HD2?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre! WebOS rocks!

121 91.67%
  • HTC HD2. The hardware is really amazing

11 8.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Two minutes into the video and the dude lost me twice.

He said the pages apps loaded really quickly, but really they use the old "open a placeholder, immediately, THEN eventually load the app" trick to fool us.

I can get that on my Pre.

He later said he'd go to a website, but when he started typing on the virtual keyboard, his hunt and pecking wasn't too successful. He fixed his typos, hit enter and still screwed up and it wouldn't load the right site. He eventually said it makes more sense to use a bookmark, but that's not always feasible or faster and it's certainly no broad replacement for a useful keyboard.

There was no reason to watch any more. Do what you like, but I'd rather stick with the Pre. I wish you well, either way.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    If you are that invested into the Microsoft ecosystem, I would get the HD2. No love lost...webOS isnt for you in its current iteration.
    Good luck with your WinMo phone. Maybe they're more popular in Europe? Either way, good luck.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Two minutes into the video and the dude lost me twice.

He said the pages apps loaded really quickly, but really they use the old "open a placeholder, immediately, THEN eventually load the app" trick to fool us.

He later said he'd go to a website, but when he started typing on the virtual keyboard, his hunt and pecking wasn't too successful. He fixed his typos, hit enter and still screwed up and it wouldn't load the right site. He eventually said it makes more sense to use a bookmark, but that's not always feasible or faster and it's certainly no broad replacement for a useful keyboard.

There was no reason to watch any more. Do what you like, but I'd rather stick with the Pre. I wish you well, either way.
    Having a hardware keyboard is definitely an advantage but typing on the HD2 isn't bad at all. Ok, the guy at the video made a mistake, but if I were you I would concentrate on the video and the comparison, and not on that mistake..Of course if you are looking for excuses I can understand you.
    the guy was trying way too hard to sell that phone. I love how there was tons of checker boarding and he would only admit that there was a little bit.

the only thing he could truly prove it had over the iphone is the screen size. Great, you have an oversized phone. Good for you. I don't even like iphone, but this guy couldn't get a break with that phone
    You'll be back, they always come back.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    the guy was trying way too hard to sell that phone. I love how there was tons of checker boarding and he would only admit that there was a little bit.

the only thing he could truly prove it had over the iphone is the screen size. Great, you have an oversized phone. Good for you. I don't even like iphone, but this guy couldn't get a break with that phone
    surely, he was biased. Checkerboards have at some point all mobile browsers..I don't know about you but I get them on the Pre all the time.
    Surfing the web with the HD2 is definitely a great experience, even if Opera isn't the best mobile browser.
    petvas, in this guys first sentence he says the speed of this phone is uncharacteristically fast. there was nothing uncharacteristically fast in that video.

Haha!! in the first screen rotation test, the iphone clearly beat it, but he claims it didn't.
    Last edited by daisy96; 03/21/2010 at 02:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    It's a shame that some people feel "loyalty" means "defend" because if Palm is going to get out of this then "loyalty" means "improve". These posts aren't negative, they are meant to encourage thoughtful discussion. But unfortunately all it does is bring out the loudmouths.

In a few months then many others will be leaving Palm for their own list of reasons that won't be very different than petvas. But at least petvas gave a well thought out reasoning for what drove him away.
    How is exchange support not very good? I use it daily with two exchange accounts and it works perfect for me.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    How is exchange support not very good? I use it daily with two exchange accounts and it works perfect for me.
    Really? What about categories? What about support for Exchange Activesync policies?
    What about displaying contact birthdays correctly? At least here in Europe it displays them one day earlier.
    What about push notification for subfolders?
    What about searching the server for emails?

The only thing that the Pre has (that noone else has) is support for multiple Exchange Accounts. I have two of them and with the HD2 I would have to find other ways to get to my email (forwarding for example).
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    It's a shame that some people feel "loyalty" means "defend" because if Palm is going to get out of this then "loyalty" means "improve". These posts aren't negative, they are meant to encourage thoughtful discussion. But unfortunately all it does is bring out the loudmouths.

In a few months then many others will be leaving Palm for their own list of reasons that won't be very different than petvas. But at least petvas gave a well thought out reasoning for what drove him away.
    I am still here, I haven't left. I said that I am willing to give Pre another chance, although I am not sure it really deserves it.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    petvas, in this guys first sentence he says the speed of this phone is uncharacteristically fast. there was nothing uncharacteristically fast in that video.

Haha!! in the first screen rotation test, the iphone clearly beat it, but he claims it didn't.
    I have used the device and believe me, it is blazing fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    Having a hardware keyboard is definitely an advantage but typing on the HD2 isn't bad at all. Ok, the guy at the video made a mistake, but if I were you I would concentrate on the video and the comparison, and not on that mistake..Of course if you are looking for excuses I can understand you.
    I'm not looking for excuses. It's an 11+ minute video. The first two minutes proved the opposite of the "host's" intentions. I think that's enough of a sample size to determine if I think the rest will be worth my time.

Like I said, I wish you well either way you go.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234