View Poll Results: Would you stay with the Pre if you were me, or go for the HD2?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre! WebOS rocks!

121 91.67%
  • HTC HD2. The hardware is really amazing

11 8.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bye.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Agree with you on the very very weak calendar. It's like 3 steps back from PalmOS.
    I am holding out for an Agendues for WebOS though. There's always hope! In the meantime I have my Treo Pro.
    Using the Pre I have stopped managing my calendars and tasks because the OS doesn't offer enough features. I can't even set an alarm time for a task...
    sorry... when you said, "I will be certainly looking to get Microsoft's new OS," i thought that is winmo7. good luck whatever you do then.

Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    who said anything about Windows Phone 7? I am planning to buy a new device in 2011 and then I will see what the market has to offer. The only platform that at the moment doesn't come in question is Android...

The HTC HD2 runs Windows Mobile 6.5 which always had many performance issues, but not this time. HTC has created a fantastic experience and the device is really a joy to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    you do realize that the new winmo os wont have cut and paste right?
    You do know that M.S still has 8 - 9 months to finalize the features of an unreleased O.S.....
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  5.    #25  
    sorry... when you said, "I will be certainly looking to get Microsoft's new OS," i thought that is winmo7. good luck whatever you do then.
    I might get Windows Phone 7 but not at release. Maybe after the first updates come...I like the Zune. In the meantime I believe that the HD2 is a good mobile phone that can last for a year. (at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Bye.
    ow... that just cost another penny off palms stock price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    You do know that M.S still has 8 - 9 months to finalize the features of an unreleased O.S.....
    but for now they are saying that it wont be a feature when winmo7 initially comes out... what they say NOW is all that matters.
  8.    #28  
    Another thing is that with Palm we don't have a roadmap. At least with Windows Mobile I know. Microsoft supports it for at least two more years, there are many apps I know and love that are still available and the HD2 is simply amazing as a device.
    I know that Windows Mobile 6.5 is certainly dying but till then I get at least a good year out of it. After that we'll see...
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    There is already some reporting that it's something that won't be there at release but in a future update. The OS is still a ways off
    If the Pre doesn't suite your needs then get one that does. You may vaule the forums opinion but at the end of the day you are the one who has to deal with the phone not anyone on this forum. If WM is what you want then do it.

I don't see how you keeping the Pre or moving to another phone hurts or helps Palm. They already have your money so you did your part.
    but for now they are saying that it wont be a feature when winmo7 initially comes out... what they say NOW is all that matters.
    Kinda like how Apple said no 3rd party apps would be allowed, only web apps originally..... How'd that turn out. M.S still has 8 - 9 months to finalize an unreleased O.S and add or remove features.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    dont let the door hit ya... pre for a winmo huh, you will be back
    I do hope this is your last post! lol
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    What's up with the immaturity on this board? The OP's post was an honest assessment from someone who seems to have experience. Remember, he actually says he LIKES the Pre.
    Every time I see one of the posts with a link to another phone I take a gander just for kicks. I'm always amazed at the crappy UI's people put up with just for the sake of hardware. This was no exeception, man that UI is cluttered and clunky. I think I'd rather run one day on webOS with the phone falling apart than 2 solid years on hardware running an unacceptable UI.
    Supersonic anyone? Android 2.1 = pure awesome'ness.
    Blah, blah, blah, another long winded post that I do not need to read.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    the op started out talking about dodging the forums here because the threads tended to influence his opinion of his own phone - then when he did return he performed the exact act that kept him away.

that makes this thread yet another failure.
    what's it all about alfie?

you know what the phone does - discussion will not change it's properties.
    you know what the phone doesn't do - discussion will not change it's properties.

I stopped visiting precentral because reading these "you guys are great", "my pre is great", "but" - threads bring out the ogre in me. Get a phone and leave us alone.

This officially ends my short rant.

*I hate my pre, but I'm keeping it - cause of all the things it does not do.
    There should be a poll option for "I really don't care". Forums are filled of countless threads of info, and he needs a thread with our opinion to figure out what to do? Opinions are all over the place. Don't need another thread for it. And, it's not like he's selling his Pre to get the HD2. So what's the big deal? Just go get the HD2 and enjoy it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    First I would like to say that the community here is really great. I have a Microsoft background, I work as an Exchange Server Consultant and had many Windows Mobile phones and the Apple iPhone. When I saw WebOS I was really excited and I bought it when it came to Germany. This was my second Palm device ever, the Palm Tx being the first (which I didn't really like - I was never a Palm fan).
    After almost five months of using the phone I cannot say that I am unhappy, but I feel that the hardware could be so much better. I would especially like to see a bigger screen and a faster processor.
    The last couple of weeks I admit that I was really disappointed from all negativity about Palm and its future. I didn't even want to visit Precentral because of all the bad news or opinions that are so often posted. I admit that that made me see my Palm Pre differently.
    Then the MIX conference came and we heard a lot of things about Windows Phone 7. At first I was really excited about it, but as I come from a pure Windows background, I started missing Windows Mobile 6.5
    I know that WM 6.5 has many issues, nobody needs to tell me that, but there is one device who works really beautifull and I think it would be a shame not to own it, despite the fact that it won't be getting an official upgrade to Windows Phone 7. The device is of course the HTC HD2.

I started comparing what my Palm Pre is offering and what I would get from an HTC HD2, so I made a small list where I rated these areas:

Palm Pre
    • Calendar Features: 5/10
    • E-Mail: 8/10
    • Contacts Management: 7/10
    • Internet Browser: 9/10
    • Games: (although I am in Germany): 8/10
    • Music: 7/10
    • Videos: 7/10
    • Photo Management: 8/10
    • Hardware in general: 7/10
    • Speed: 7/10
    • OS features: 10/10

------------------------------------
    HTC HD2
    • Calendar Features: 10/10
    • E-Mail: 7/10
    • Contacts Management: 10/10
    • Internet Browser: 9/10
    • Games: 1/10
    • Music: 8/10
    • Videos: 8/10
    • Photo Management: 8/10
    • Hardware in general: 10/10
    • Speed: 10/10
    • OS features: 8/10

I tend to choose the HD2 because for me important are the calendar features, Exchange integration, the browser, speed and of course the hardware. I don't really care about games.

I also have the feeling that (and I am sorry to say that) Palm won't make it and that makes me feel a bit sad.
    I know of course that the HD2 doesn't have much of a future itself, but the hardware is top notch and the XDA Developers are doing an incredible job optimizing the device to the maximum. They have even created a patch that enables 3G when a program needs a data connection and immediately disables it when not necessary!
    I don't know if you have seen the HD2 in action:

The screen resolution is just incredible and the 4,3" screen amazing.

I wish Palm could bring such a device on the market. WebOS would look amazing on the HD2...

I have placed an order for the HD2 but I haven't decided yet if I am selling the Pre. I love the OS and I could just use both devices...

If I decide to sell it, then I would miss the following features/apps:
    • Multiple Exchange Accounts (though Exchange support isn't really good)
    • Multitasking is uniquely done
    • Dr Podder
    • the Browser
    • The Email app and the way it formats emails
    • occasional gaming

I don't want to start a dispute here or insult anyone. I just wanted to write my thoughts and see if there others out there having similar thoughts. As I said, I am not selling the Pre (yet). I will give the HD2 a test drive for a couple of days and then decide...
    i think you just answered your own question. the ratings you gave the devices(which i totally DISAGREE with) show that you aren't satisfied with the Pre. so move on BYE
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast