Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    For me, I want a device with a physical keyboard. I don't want a only touch screen device, but that is just me.
    +1, when i had my instinct it was a great phone and i wish the pre had some of the features that it had, but i really missed an physical keyboard. i used to hate the lag when typing, don't get me wrong the pre lag also but at least when you pressed the button it will display seconds later -vs- a slab type phone would not even register it and you would have to hit it again, real pain to do sometimes.
    that's cool... for the type of phone that 'you' prefer.

i'm just suggesting the new form factor as a suggestion of what palm should do right now to survive... a full touchscreen version in hopes of attracting a bigger audience.

the pre has been out for almost a year... and the pixi for some months... everyone that really wanted the form factor has got a chance to get it, including you. just doesnt seem to be selling well or catching on.

i suggest kill both models and come out with a full touchscreen, but there would still be enough inventory of the other two for at least 6 months right?

marketing has probably been a big problem... but maybe form factor and thinking this is their best way of attracting customers regardless of which carrier they decide.

anyways... will be interesting what palm will do from here.

For me, I want a device with a physical keyboard. I don't want a only touch screen device, but that is just me.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    It's not just you. I detest virtual keyboards. If Palm's next device tries to hard to ape the iPhone that it ditches the real keyboard, I'll very reluctantly jump ship to an Android device.
    Palm do need to up the ante with accessories... But it also needs to do it in a way they would sell them.

A 49$ (MSRP) Touchstone that is useless without a 29$ wall adapter is a bit steep. The combo is not even priced like a combo, they just add the prices for both accessories.

Lowering the price is a first step. However, we are desperately in need of more than just a charger. They should combine it with an A2DP receiver with and without speakers. Having a media server in the Pre would also allow one to stream photos and video to a WIFI picture frame (or you TV or PS3 or XBOX 360 or...). Now think of the many accessories that could combine these things.

I'm reusing my audio system with a Blackberry audio gateway that sits near my Touchstone. It's not very elegant, but it works! Palm could easily build and offer something better looking for roughly the same price (if not cheaper) than my setup and I would've bought it.

I think they should also license the Touchstone and back plate design... Imagine if everybody but Apple end up using this technology... Imagine the explosion of accessories that would follow. Since every accessory would work with every touchstone enabled phones.

With the Touchstone and Bluetooth, Palm as the option of going wireless for accessories, they should pursue that and this will make all the iPhone accessory look like your-iphone-needs-a-freaking-stone-age-connector-to-play-music-out-loud instead of look-ma-no-hand-and-no-wires-to-listen-to-my-music-out-loud.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    It's not just you. I detest virtual keyboards. If Palm's next device tries to hard to ape the iPhone that it ditches the real keyboard, I'll very reluctantly jump ship to an Android device.
    I also agree, I want a real keyboard, thank you very much! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12