View Poll Results: How many of you would rather be IGNORANT of the stock prices, esp on the PC Front Pg

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think we should get ONE stock update a DAY on the front page.

    13 13.00%
  • I think we should get ONE stock updates a WEEK on the front page.

    5 5.00%
  • I think we should get TWO stock updates a WEEK on the front page.

    5 5.00%
  • I think we should get ONE stock updates a MONTH on the front page.

    3 3.00%
  • I think we should get TWO stock updates a MONTH on the front page.

    1 1.00%
  • I think we should only get RADICAL stock updates, in excess of +/- 20% for one day.

    18 18.00%
  • I think we should only get RADICAL stock updates, in excess of +/- 25% for one day.

    7 7.00%
  • I think we should NEVER show NEGATIVE stock updates. Don't we want marketshare to GROW?

    6 6.00%
  • I think we should NEVER show ANY stock updates EVAR! Stocks aren't THAT in tune with reality anyway.

    6 6.00%
  • I honestly could not care less.

    46 46.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Wait......what?

    That makes absolutely no sense. If anything, you just argued more for censorship than I did...........n't.................I said I feel we don't need it here, on the premier Palm fan site/info site, as it doesn't help anything in any legitimate way by falling strictly on poor info, yet it's wrong for me to feel that way, so I shouldn't vote for "no", or voice my opinion on it?

    Nobody is wrong here. If its an opinion thread, asking for an opinion vote based on what I feel is my idea of right............man.

    And yes, in this instance, I'm right. Ask a more specific question, on how well the understanding of stocks is here. Mine isn't that good, that's why I trust my retirement investments to a professional. I'd fail miserably if I tried to do it myself.
    You are wrong to suggest that Palm's stock price and financial support should not be of interest to readers of a Palm "fan site/info site".

    I am sorry for you that your understanding of stocks is poor and you have to trust your retirement investments to a professional. Hopefully you managed to find one who is not paid from commissions on your transactions. Its not really relevant to the arguments about publishing Palm's stock price though.
  2. #22  
    Nah........I'm no more wrong than any of the other vote categories. In my eyes, you could be wrong if you voted in any of the others. The only folks that could accurately say I'm wrong are the guys that run the site, and even then, they'd have to make it a rule that stock performance must be posted with every change. Good luck with that.

    Once again. Opinion poll. My opinion is that country music sucks, but the only people that are going to argue I'm wrong are die-hard country fans, I've got a whole lot of rock fans that think I'm dead on right.

    And yeah, I do have a good broker, I haven't lost too much. Reasonable fees, I could save by switching to an online service, but there's that glaring lack of skill there.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Nah........I'm no more wrong than any of the other vote categories. In my eyes, you could be wrong if you voted in any of the others. The only folks that could accurately say I'm wrong are the guys that run the site, and even then, they'd have to make it a rule that stock performance must be posted with every change. Good luck with that.

    Once again. Opinion poll. My opinion is that country music sucks, but the only people that are going to argue I'm wrong are die-hard country fans, I've got a whole lot of rock fans that think I'm dead on right.

    And yeah, I do have a good broker, I haven't lost too much. Reasonable fees, I could save by switching to an online service, but there's that glaring lack of skill there.
    You are really not making any sense. Nor do you appear to be reading what I am writing. The guys who run this site can do what ever they want but that does not alter the fact that the plunge in Palm's stock price and the reason for it is a large negative for both the company and its customers. Trying to hide that fact is dishonest.

    BTW Sounds like you broker is commission based which makes him a salesman not a financial advisor (no matter how good he is).
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I'm starting to worry about your well-being, grndslm.
    How very kind of you. I just got back from UrgiCare, and I've got strep throat or tonsillitis or something of that sort.

    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I think you're just a little jealous that your huge rant on mic api is not getting much attention where did that thing go anyways.... page 9? 10?
    By mentioning the mic api issue... you're proving my MAIN point, which is how E-Z it would be to market webOS. I've already seen a dozen posts that were inspired by my rant a few nights ago... not to mention Joshua Topolsky's article on Engadget (he obviously cares about Palm as much as I do, which is awesome). And since you're mentioning it here... I'd say, my job is done.

    Heck, maybe even the 30% stock drop had to do with me making THAT big of a splash (emailing as many high ups and investors as possible)... and it it would've only dropped 20% had I kept my mouth shut.

    Nobody knows. Stocks are not scientific in ANY way!!!

    THE POINT IS... I effected TENS of thousands of people, and maybe even HUNDREDS of thousands of people. *I* did that with 5 or 6 hours of dedicated hammering.

    Now, MY QUESTION FOR YOU IS... what effect do you think Derek Kessler has on the HUNDREDS of thousands (if not millions) of potential webOS users who stop by the front page to check the current state of all things webOS, particularly while he's persistently dedicated to hammering negative stock prices on the front page?? Or what effect do you think that his dozens of NEGATIVE front page posts actually do for PALM stock in the future??

    I *seriously* want somebody to answer these two questions for me. I know the answer, and you do too... but I'd be surprised if anybody actually admitted it out loud.

    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    As a stockholder, I prefer not to be ignorant.
    Right... But the question was particularly about the P|C FRONT PAGE!!! Nobody's saying you shouldn't look to the forums or shouldn't be able to download a stock tool on webOS!

    Front Page!! Twice a week, we get negative articles? Would we have still gotten those articles if there were NEVER negative stock articles on the front page??!?!? I highly doubt it. Potential webOS users would come here, see that things look great... AND JUMP IN!!

    If you're an investor, tho. I'd suggest you download (perhaps even purchase) a stock market tool for webOS, tho.

    You'll get it in REAL TIME, THIS SECOND, FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!

    No need to give subliminal messages to people who don't care about stocks at all (of which there seem to be many; ~44%).

    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    +1

    grndslm - Why are there not any extreme left or right options in your poll?
    Sorry. I'd have put 20 options if I could have, but only 10 are permitted.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    One reason governments (including China) censor the publication of certain information because they want to suppress negative information about that government. Some posters on this forum want to suppress all negative information about Palm and WebOS. The motivations are the same and the results would be too if the owners of Pre-Central decided to follow the "advice" of Palm's more rabid fans.
    If you think the American media doesn't censor things. You are ignorant.

    When was the last time you saw a body count on the news? People outside the U.S. still get body counts on a daily basis... BUT NOT AMERICANS!

    Look into the FOX News & Monsanto case (recombinant growth hormone issue). Because Monsanto bought advertising blocks with FOX News... FOX Management decided they just couldn't post a negative article.

    Likewise with Palm NOT buying advertising blocks like Apple & Verizon!!! WSJ & NY Times just IGNORE webOS. "Readers, your options are iPhoneOS or Android. Anything else that may exist isn't worth to us, because they have contributed $0 to us."

    "Censorship" is a fact of life, unless you're living in America during the 1950s.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Another old pro-censorship argument, the people will not understand.
    You may feel the Palm stock price is irrelevant, others do not. They are right and you are wrong.
    How are 30 negative stock drop articles relevant to what P|C should be displaying on the front page??

    What effect do you think those 30 negative articles will have on potential webOS customers? ... and then the market share & stock prices, in the long run??

    Do you honestly rely on the P|C front page to deliver your up to date stock quotes?

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    A dramatically dropping stock price is the market's vote of no confidence in the management of Palm. The more extreme analysts have suggested that the stock is worth $0. This means they are going on the record with their believe Palm is heading for bankruptcy court.
    And my question for you is.... had Derek not placed dozens and dozens of articles on the front page, reflecting negative stock performance... would the "market's vote of no confidence in the management of Palm" have taken place at all??

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    This is not good for investors in Palm stock of course but it is also not good for anyone who owns a Palm device or anyone investing in applications development for Web-OS.
    And you think that Derek's simple articles, flashing negative stock performance, has done TONS of good for those investors in Palm stock, right??

    Seriously... I want an answer to this question.

    What investor, in their right mind, thinks that perpetually spreading bad news that is BASED ON NOTHING BUT GOSSIP, could be good for their stock in the long run?

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Even worse from the perspective of companies developing mobile applications are the inventory and sell through numbers. What they basically say is Android has beaten out WebOS as the number three smartphone platform in the US.
    The solution is simple. Sell the benefits of webOS to the masses.

    Not one single ad that Palm has created has sold the benefits of webOS. They're starting to IMPLY that webOS helps you with "life moving fast". That would be a benefit, but it's VERY weak.... and it's still ONLY ONE THING!!

    They need to make ONE commercial that they can repeat over and over again. They *DON'T* need to be making several with the borg queen, one for the Pixi, one for a fine chick, showing off the mirror on the Pre, etc...

    ONE!! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT!

    It is quite obvious that Palm has spent a sheet-ton of money on their TV ads. It's OBVIOUS, because there's more than just one ad.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Currently by market share its Blackberry > Apple > Android > WebOS.
    By developer mindshare its probably Apple > Android > Blackberry > WebOS or
    Apple > Blackberry > Android > WebOS. The more corporate or messaging focused your app is the more likely you are to focus on BB rather than Android as your second platform. Apple policies are of course the wildcard. For example Google Voice apps are available for Android and the Blackberry OS but not Apple.
    Correct. Which is why I have stressed mic APIs as being HUUUGGGEE!! Much more important to businesses than a video camera. I can spit off half a dozen things that GLOBAL businesses can use a microphone for.... and *one* thing they can use a video recorder for (farting around).

    I'm still not sure Android has a functional call recorder, so releasing Mic APIs would give a HUGE BOOST ACROSS THE BOARD (business, consumer, developers, market share, stock, etc.)... which is why I said the chicken or the egg question no longer becomes relevant from that point forward.
  5.    #25  
    Just wanted to share this bit I added to the comments on one front page article...

    Thanks for clarifying. Analysts tend to amplify reality. And, yes, they are far from neutral, they tend to make money for their employers by creating hysteria that causes people to buy or sell stock. Much as we hate them, what they say does tend to have an under current of truth. Secondary research is a must.
    Submitted by PreDogs on Sat, 20 Mar.

    * reply


    They have "an under current of truth", precisely for the reason you just stated -- they CREATE the hysteria that causes people to buy or sell.

    What does PreCentral do to hysteria, when they just feed into this "under current of truth"? THEY AMPLIFY IT!

    Do either PreCentral editor or readers want to amplify negativity on a bi-weekly basis is my question for you all...

    Blah... WHY NOT CREATE OUR OWN TRUTH?!? ... or at least ignore this "truth".

    P.S. - truth ain't Truth unless it's capitalized.
    Submitted by grndslm on Sun, 21 Mar.
    Stocks are based on...

    (a) hype, CREATED by analysts
    (b) guesses & gambles, made by any stock investor
    (c) computers that contribute to hi-volume trading based on gossip (i.e. - hype)

    - Does PreCentral want to create positive or negative hype??

    - Does PreCentral think that stock prices are actually legitimate, after reading the three things that I've listed as contributing to stock prices (even if those aren't the only three contributers)??
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    If you think the American media doesn't censor things. You are ignorant.

    When was the last time you saw a body count on the news? People outside the U.S. still get body counts on a daily basis... BUT NOT AMERICANS!

    Look into the FOX News & Monsanto case (recombinant growth hormone issue). Because Monsanto bought advertising blocks with FOX News... FOX Management decided they just couldn't post a negative article.
    Perhaps Americans just aren't interested and you wouldn't be the first person to accuse Fox News of being biased. Personally I think Dieter and co have too much integrity to try to suppress the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Likewise with Palm NOT buying advertising blocks like Apple & Verizon!!! WSJ & NY Times just IGNORE webOS. "Readers, your options are iPhoneOS or Android. Anything else that may exist isn't worth to us, because they have contributed $0 to us."

    "Censorship" is a fact of life, unless you're living in America during the 1950s.
    So now you are claiming there was no censorship in the 1950s. I guess you have never heard of Joe Mccarthy.

    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    How are 30 negative stock drop articles relevant to what P|C should be displaying on the front page??

    What effect do you think those 30 negative articles will have on potential webOS customers? ... and then the market share & stock prices, in the long run??

    Do you honestly rely on the P|C front page to deliver your up to date stock quotes?

    And my question for you is.... had Derek not placed dozens and dozens of articles on the front page, reflecting negative stock performance... would the "market's vote of no confidence in the management of Palm" have taken place at all??

    And you think that Derek's simple articles, flashing negative stock performance, has done TONS of good for those investors in Palm stock, right??

    Seriously... I want an answer to this question.

    What investor, in their right mind, thinks that perpetually spreading bad news that is BASED ON NOTHING BUT GOSSIP, could be good for their stock in the long run?
    A $4 stock price is not gossip nor are the inventory numbers. Given the determination of many posters on this site to ignore negative information about Palm, I doubt the stories on the front page have had much of a negative effect at all on Palm's sales. Hopefully those readers of Pre Central who owned Palm stock sold it before it got to $4. If so, Derek's articles helped them. I would not be surprised if many readers held on to the stock though, sometimes it is hard to let go.

    I would be surprised if institutional investors were making Buy/Sell decisions based on what was posted on this site and Verizon or Sprint don't need Pre Central to tell them they have a lot of unsold Pre & Pixi inventory.

    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post

    The solution is simple. Sell the benefits of webOS to the masses.

    Not one single ad that Palm has created has sold the benefits of webOS. They're starting to IMPLY that webOS helps you with "life moving fast". That would be a benefit, but it's VERY weak.... and it's still ONLY ONE THING!!
    The problem with the masses is they tend to want what everyone else wants and if it has an Apple logo, so much the better.

    I am not convinced that Ad's are Palms biggest problem. They need their OS to be faster, better hardware, their PDK supported in the App store and an locked GSM model that works globally. Their approach of fragmenting their market by carrier isn't helping them very much. Blackberry and Android are available on all carriers. Apple's iPhone not so much (one reason I would not buy it) but at least it works globally.
  7. #27  
    Every Friday there should be an update on the stock. unless something crazy happens during the week
  8. #28  
    although i really don't care, I just like lots of updates to the main page, 3 4 new articles and reviews a day makes me love this site so much.
  9. #29  
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #30  
    That's great. OTOH can the same be said for Vonage or Skype or Google or DataViz or all the iPhone developers considering supporting WebOS? We should know in a few months.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Perhaps Americans just aren't interested and you wouldn't be the first person to accuse Fox News of being biased. Personally I think Dieter and co have too much integrity to try to suppress the truth.
    *I* am interested, AND *I* am an American.

    I would also be interested in hearing about Recombinant Growth Hormone issues, when those "issues" are inside the milk that everybody around me is drinking!!

    The difference between {FOX News/Monsanto}, {ALL American Media/Iraqi Death Counts}, and {PALM / P|C's LOVE for Crappy Stock Performance}... is that nobody gets hurt when you don't tell them about the crappy stock performance. It might be a "conflict of interest" to tell people to purchase stock... but MUST P|C actually report EVERY negative stock update that they see? Of course not.

    If you invest your money in PALM? Why come to P|C to get a stock update? Don't you have a webOS application on your phone that provides you with stock updates any second you wish? Or even notifies you multiple times between 9 and 5??

    And even tho you may think American's DON'T care about the Iraqi body count... that shouldn't matter. Life/Death is NOT a game. Stocks *are* a game... literally. Which is why it's so frustrating to see this crap day-in, day-out, just because Derek didn't have anything better to write up.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    So now you are claiming there was no censorship in the 1950s. I guess you have never heard of Joe Mccarthy.
    I have... Therefore, my [not so relevant] point is proven. Thanks! American MEDIA was against censorship a GREAT DEAL during the 50s. After that, the American Media began withholding information like you'd never imagine. Just take a look at Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent. I never said that American Politicians didn't try censorship. But they eventually realized that censorship is NOT possible without the help of the Media.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    A $4 stock price is not gossip nor are the inventory numbers. Given the determination of many posters on this site to ignore negative information about Palm, I doubt the stories on the front page have had much of a negative effect at all on Palm's sales. Hopefully those readers of Pre Central who owned Palm stock sold it before it got to $4. If so, Derek's articles helped them. I would not be surprised if many readers held on to the stock though, sometimes it is hard to let go.
    I have asked SEVERAL questions for you and everybody else that you felt best to ignore. Perhaps you could quote some of those questions and then answer them for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I would be surprised if institutional investors were making Buy/Sell decisions based on what was posted on this site and Verizon or Sprint don't need Pre Central to tell them they have a lot of unsold Pre & Pixi inventory.
    OK. But do you think those institutional investors make Buy/Sell decisions based on Joshua Topolsky's article, which was clearly influenced by posts on this site??

    Front page articles that repeatedly show negative stock performance appears to others as a sign of a weak company (even tho NOTHING about stocks is scientific, repeatable, verifiable, etc.) and will most definitely have a DIRECT *AND* INDIRECT effect on the stocks, especially in the near term.

    Palm is in a death spiral, and regular P|C negative stock updates do NOTHING to stop that... especially in the long term.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    The problem with the masses is they tend to want what everyone else wants and if it has an Apple logo, so much the better.
    ... and what the guy at Verizon is pushing on them, too! ... and what that ad that has been on repeat for the past 2 months has been suggesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I am not convinced that Ad's are Palms biggest problem. They need their OS to be faster, better hardware, their PDK supported in the App store and an locked GSM model that works globally. Their approach of fragmenting their market by carrier isn't helping them very much. Blackberry and Android are available on all carriers. Apple's iPhone not so much (one reason I would not buy it) but at least it works globally.
    It's not just ads. It's ads *and* partnerships. Both of these are designed to SELL.

    The problem is simple. The solution is webOS.

    Show me a carrier that pushes the benefits of webOS.
    Show me an ad that pushes the benefits of webOS.

    The day that both of those come *and* Palm phones still don't sell... I'll admit defeat. But the solution is obvious.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    You are really not making any sense. Nor do you appear to be reading what I am writing. The guys who run this site can do what ever they want but that does not alter the fact that the plunge in Palm's stock price and the reason for it is a large negative for both the company and its customers. Trying to hide that fact is dishonest.

    BTW Sounds like you broker is commission based which makes him a salesman not a financial advisor (no matter how good he is).
    *sigh* Did I say a word about hiding it? The question was should rapidfire, repeated front page posts about Palm's stock peformance be posted to the front page of the site. I don't think they should, at least not as frequently.

    If you want to know how your stock is doing, there are far more reliable places to get that info, who specialize in stocks, bonds, and other investments. Google is your friend. Fact is, I doubt any of us here are qualified to speculate on where Palm is going, and all our random posts from other, equally unqualified sources is not helping Palm in the least.

    Is that clear enough?
  13.    #33  
    QUESTIONS FOR ADGRANT & CREW IN BOLD

    ==========

    Heck, maybe even the 30% stock drop had to do with me making THAT big of a splash (emailing as many high ups and investors as possible)... and it it would've only dropped 20% had I kept my mouth shut.

    Nobody knows. Stocks are not scientific in ANY way!!!

    THE POINT IS... I effected TENS of thousands of people, and maybe even HUNDREDS of thousands of people. *I* did that with 5 or 6 hours of dedicated hammering.

    Now, MY QUESTION FOR YOU IS... what effect do you think Derek Kessler has on the HUNDREDS of thousands (if not millions) of potential webOS users who stop by the front page to check the current state of all things webOS, particularly while he's persistently dedicated to hammering negative stock prices on the front page?? Or what effect do you think that his dozens of NEGATIVE front page posts actually do for PALM stock in the future??

    I *seriously* want somebody to answer these two questions for me. I know the answer, and you do too... but I'd be surprised if anybody actually admitted it out loud.

    Front Page!! Twice a week, we get negative articles. Would we have still gotten those articles if there were NEVER negative stock articles on the front page??!?!? I highly doubt it. Potential webOS users would come here, see that things look great... AND JUMP IN!!

    If you're an investor, tho. I'd suggest you download (perhaps even purchase) a stock market tool for webOS, tho.

    You'll get it in REAL TIME, THIS SECOND, FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!

    No need to give subliminal messages to people who don't care about stocks at all (of which there seem to be many; ~44%).

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Another old pro-censorship argument, the people will not understand.
    You may feel the Palm stock price is irrelevant, others do not. They are right and you are wrong.
    How are 30 negative stock drop articles relevant to what P|C should be displaying on the front page??

    What effect do you think those 30 negative articles will have on potential webOS customers? ... and then the market share & stock prices, in the long run??

    Do you honestly rely on the P|C front page to deliver your up to date stock quotes?


    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    A dramatically dropping stock price is the market's vote of no confidence in the management of Palm. The more extreme analysts have suggested that the stock is worth $0. This means they are going on the record with their believe Palm is heading for bankruptcy court.
    And my question for you is.... had Derek not placed dozens and dozens of articles on the front page, reflecting negative stock performance... would the "market's vote of no confidence in the management of Palm" have taken place at all??

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    This is not good for investors in Palm stock of course but it is also not good for anyone who owns a Palm device or anyone investing in applications development for Web-OS.
    And you think that Derek's simple articles, flashing negative stock performance, has done TONS of good for those investors in Palm stock, right??

    Seriously... I want an answer to this question.

    What investor, in their right mind, thinks that perpetually spreading bad news that is BASED ON NOTHING BUT GOSSIP, could be good for their stock in the long run?


    They have "an under current of truth", precisely for the reason you just stated -- they CREATE the hysteria that causes people to buy or sell.

    What does PreCentral do to hysteria, when they just feed into this "under current of truth"? THEY AMPLIFY IT!

    Do either PreCentral editor or readers want to amplify negativity on a bi-weekly basis? .. is my question for you all.

    Blah... WHY NOT CREATE OUR OWN TRUTH?!? ... or at least ignore this "truth"?

    P.S. - truth ain't Truth unless it's capitalized.
    Submitted by grndslm on Sun, 21 Mar.
    Stocks are based on...

    (a) hype, CREATED by analysts
    (b) guesses & gambles, made by any stock investor
    (c) computers that contribute to hi-volume trading based on gossip (i.e. - hype)

    - Does PreCentral want to create positive or negative hype??

    - Does PreCentral think that stock prices are actually legitimate, after reading the three things that I've listed as contributing to stock prices (even if those aren't the only three contributers)??
  14. #34  
    I could give a crap, but the Palm haters and the People that don't own newer style Palm phones get at thrill out of posting and commenting on these threads about Palm's demise.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I could give a crap, but the Palm haters and the People that don't own newer style Palm phones get at thrill out of posting and commenting on these threads about Palm's demise.
    Yep. If I had Palm stock, and I were deadly concerned about the price drop enough, I'd be holding right now, waiting for enough of a rise to sell. Besides, if any investor put all their money on one company, they need to have their head examined.
  16. #36  
    The folks at precentral are just posting on their main page any and pretty much all news that is related to Palm... positive or negative. they are not posting anything more than what you can find through google so... i dont think they have any effect.

    Just because it doesnt interest you, it probably does interest others and probably many people that are just not posting their view like you if you are a palm/pre fan, why not have all the news available on the forum instead of having to go out and google it because it's not positive?

    Just like Steve Jobs needing a new liver and leaving Apple and their stock getting hammered. Nothing to do with my iphone but they plastered it all over the iphone forums. Nothing wrong with it imo and is part of the company and for those that wanted to read about it or post about it can do so.

    you shouldnt be so sensitive about this grnslm... dont think its some secret plot to push negative news... they are pushing all news. if you dont like it... just dont read it.

    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    QUESTIONS FOR ADGRANT &... <snip> wow, just too much there
    also... just my opinion... i dont think anything you said or did had any effect in the market... or anywhere else really :P
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Yep. If I had Palm stock, and I were deadly concerned about the price drop enough, I'd be holding right now, waiting for enough of a rise to sell. Besides, if any investor put all their money on one company, they need to have their head examined.
    The problem with that strategy is stocks can go to zero.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    The folks at precentral are just posting on their main page any and pretty much all news that is related to Palm... positive or negative. they are not posting anything more than what you can find through google so... i dont think they have any effect.

    Just because it doesnt interest you, it probably does interest others and probably many people that are just not posting their view like you if you are a palm/pre fan, why not have all the news available on the forum instead of having to go out and google it because it's not positive?

    Just like Steve Jobs needing a new liver and leaving Apple and their stock getting hammered. Nothing to do with my iphone but they plastered it all over the iphone forums. Nothing wrong with it imo and is part of the company and for those that wanted to read about it or post about it can do so.

    you shouldnt be so sensitive about this grnslm... dont think its some secret plot to push negative news... they are pushing all news. if you dont like it... just dont read it.
    EVERYBODY *has* to read it, tho. It's on the front page. That's the point of the front page.

    All I'm trying to get at is that nobody dies when Kessler ignores the stock prices.

    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    also... just my opinion... i dont think anything you said or did had any effect in the market... or anywhere else really :P
    I SAW the effect here, at P|C alone, after I was busy getting my point across (took a few hours, including sending to as many palm & elevation email addresses as I could possibly find). There were at least four posts I'd seen before I went to bed (~7 am), wanting a voice recorder app or some other app, or just demanding mic APIs. That was before I went to sleep. When I woke up, all hell had broken loose. I came across Topolsky's article, which was, without a doubt, influenced by comments here at PreCentral. I stressed several things that I believe Topolsky picked up on... like partnerships, for example. Partnerships are key. Marketing the benefits of webOS is key [especially the ones that differentiate webOS]. All of these are based around sales. All of these are things that Palm has NOT focused on.

    Had I not taken hours out of my sickly schedule that night... would Topolsky have written that SAME, EXACT article? I highly doubt it. He might've still written it, since he's as passionate about Palm as I am... but I doubt it would've been that long and contained ALL that material.

    Like I said... How is it possible to know if my hours of posting a "survival guide" affected the price?? .. also knowing that my "survival guide" was quite possibly some inspiration for Topolsky's "survival guide"?? ... and what about my survival guide being mailed to palm & elevation partners' email addresses, as well as marketing companies that work with palm??

    How can we know every detail of what affected the stock price that day? We can't, because the stock market is not scientific.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    The problem with that strategy is stocks can go to zero.
    There's like 20 questions for you... I hope you're busy typing out a response right now.

    Here's a new question. If YOU were the editor of P|C, and YOU owned PALM stock... would you ALWAYS want to post negative stock updates? ... just because you're that selfless??
  19. #39  
    No they don't. As a matter of fact, I almost NEVER read the front page.
    How is that possible you say? My bookmark is set to the Palm Pre forum.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/

    I do that because I rarely visit the other sections... this is my favorite
    If I visit other sections or the home page, I start from here.
    I suggest you do the same and it will save a lot of frustration for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    EVERYBODY *has* to read it, tho. It's on the front page. That's the point of the front page.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    No they don't. As a matter of fact, I almost NEVER read the front page.
    How is that possible you say? My bookmark is set to the Palm Pre forum.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/

    I do that because I rarely visit the other sections... this is my favorite
    If I visit other sections or the home page, I start from here.
    I suggest you do the same and it will save a lot of frustration for you.
    That's really great and all...

    But there's more to this world than you and me.

    I'm interested in a GROWING webOS market share.
    I'm interested in a GROWING # of people who buy a webOS device (not just phone!).
    I'm interested in a GROWING # of people who buy webOS stock, even.
    I'm especially interested in a GROWING # of people who develop for webOS!!!

    It won't happen with Downer Derek claiming that the sky is falling. Somebody strap some duct tape on his mouth UNTIL the stocks drop a certain percentage... say 20%... and I can guarantee you the stock price will NEVER drop past 20%.

    Like I said earlier...

    Stop feeding into this "under current of truth", known as analysts that "create" truth... and let's create our own truth.

    Do you think the head of applecentral.com (or w-t-f ever) was constantly flashing neative stock prices for all his readers? Or posts about how he can't live for 2 years without copy & paste? Or that he just can't use a phone that doesn't multi-task? Etcetera? No... they keep that shiz positive, because they're trying to BUILD an empire.

    It seems more than obvious to me that Derek is not interested in building anything at all.

    All I know, is that if I invested in PALM stock... I'd be royally p!ssed.
    I'm only vested in webOS reality, tho... so I'm only partially p!ssed.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions