Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Doesn't the Iphone at least pause the game? I would think it would do that to let you answer the calls, you can background native apps I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    ha ha yeah thumbs up to buddy you rock .....FAIL you can do better than that lady..
    DENNIS HARRISON man who care s what you think you just got in a convo that's already over .. Stop grading ppl on what they rite a mind your own bizz lil lady.... Man I hate groupies

dueces
    another female groupie man I'm a hit with the ladies....
    It appears that you think you are insulting male posters by call them "lady," "lil lady" and "ladies". So my question is still why do you think it is an appropriate insult to call a man a "lady?"

And I am not a clown, I am a woman.
    I'm 27. Don't play many games. More to kill time. But. If the phone can do it and other phones can't they need to show that off no matter what
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourdogsdead View Post
    Doesn't the Iphone at least pause the game? I would think it would do that to let you answer the calls, you can background native apps I believe.
    Nope, it closes the app. You then need to reopen the app, allow the game to load and then pickup from the last save point, if that is applicable. This applies to ANY app when using the iPhone. The iPhone has an absolutely horrible notification system. WebOS has a much superior system, but still no one knows about it.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Nope, it closes the app. You then need to reopen the app, allow the game to load and then pickup from the last save point, if that is applicable. This applies to ANY app when using the iPhone. The iPhone has an absolutely horrible notification system. WebOS has a much superior system, but still no one knows about it.
    I guess I was thinking about the Iphone's commercial where it minimized the phone call and opened the map app. I thought it would do something like that. I think it was the commercial touting AT&T's own "Multitasking" ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourdogsdead View Post
    I guess I was thinking about the Iphone's commercial where it minimized the phone call and opened the map app. I thought it would do something like that. I think it was the commercial touting AT&T's own "Multitasking" ability.
    dude, your screen name is a trip, lmao.
    If any of you have connections to Palm out there, please direct your connection to this thread. See if they can get someone in Palms marketing to pay attention. I do think this type of ad would sell more phones.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    This really is the sort of "killer" function that needs to be highlighted in the marketing of the pre, People have to see what can be done on the pre that cannot be done on the iphone. I like to annoy iphone users by using my slide out keyboard OR the onscreen keyboard that i installed a couple of days ago. pre 2 iphone 0. :-)
    If any of you have connections to Palm out there, please direct your connection to this thread. See if they can get someone in Palms marketing to pay attention. I do think this type of ad would sell more phones.
    agree, I sometimes see HB Beatz from palm gives us a visit sometimes,but for the most part he likes to hide until someone calls him out lol.but I doubt that palm has the balls to give apple a direct blow like that, I think I heard a rumer around here that the only reason apple will not sue palm besides their stack of pattents is because palm is to small.is their any truth to that.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Palm really needs to make sure these obvious advantages they have over other mobile platforms are well known. I feel like many more people would jump on WebOS if they just knew what it was all about.
    How do you "pause" a multiplayer game? Because that's what I play mostly on my Iphone.

And what do you think happens when I get a phone call? I take it? It's a phone not a game first. I WANT to take a phone call. I come back to the game, and it's where I left off. Isnt that "pause"?
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    yes, but you need to reload the game, and if you were in the middle of a race, or someting similar, you loose that program. In WebOS you don't have these problems.
    "Loose the program"- How do I lose it? I find it after the call, and I play leaving off where I last was. The save feature seems like it's up to the app when I exit, not the OS.

If I'm wrong, and there is something fundamental about WebOS's multitasking vs Iphone (which exists in Jailbreak, and is coming in next patch) then cool. But still, it seems like a very minor plus, relating to a very low priority in the phones overall purpose. That, and the fact that there are like 5 games worth playing on the platform, which is an entire other issue/thread/rant.

ps. Testing "Need for Speed", the game showed "pause" on the screen, and then switched to the call. It did RELOAD completely after the call was ended and cancelled my in progress race. Again, this seems like a fail on the APPS part, rather than my phone's OS. It looked like the phone did the exact thing it should have- paused my game, alerted me of the call, then immediately brought me back to the game when ended. The APP failed to continue the game- I will check with other titles.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    well, I wouldn't say that it is the fault of the game because you would be forcing the developer to constantly save, which would reduce performance and seriously suck up battery power. IPhone OS forces the app to close and lose all unsaved data. This is the case for all apps on the iPhone OS. If the new iPhone OS fixes this then great, but from what is showing up on the iPad I don't think they are going to.

this is one major thing that WebOS can do that no one else can do, and it needs to be advertised.
    anyone else do a double take when they saw the title of this thread?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Palm's marketing group seems to be in some strange insulated world to themselves... For years I tried to call attention to what the TX was capable of doing (playing movies, Wifi, email, etc.), and how some decent ads could make the thing something the masses would want. Fell on deaf ears.

As tiny a company as Palm really is, I doubt they'd have the cojones to go "toe to toe" with apple (though as tough as things are getting these days, it may become necessary to stay viable!)

WyreNut
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    anyone else do a double take when they saw the title of this thread?
    i am sorry for that one. i did not think p i s s is a blocked word by no means did i place some other word lol
  18.    #98  
    another female groupie man I'm a hit with the ladies....
    get a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
    i am sorry for that one. i did not think p i s s is a blocked word by no means did i place some other word lol
    still confused as how you can p i s s a iPhone user? Frankly that sounds like a painful experience. I mean passing an iphone through one's urethra would be painful, but an entire iphone user? Almost just as painful is the castration of the indefinite article. That must have been excruciating.
    LMAO
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345