Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 100
  1. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #41  
    Just to let you know what Palm is up against compared to the iphone, I recently saw an older person, late 50's early 60's, whip out an iphone and pull up a picture, then pull up some notes, then call someone.

    I was furtively observing him and the iphone was very responsive and very easy to read. I hate to say it but there was no way the pre could have kept up. Plus I feel the person would have gone blind trying to read the small print compared to the iphone.

    I'm in no way pushing the iphone, I'm just stating what the pre is up against!
  2. thrshr01's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    And just to adjust your frame of reference, not everyone who plays video games is a stoner. I play video game as a major source of stress relief. I do not smoke anything and I am currently in medical school working towards being a productive member of society.
    How dare you play games and not be a slacker!

    For those bashing this idea, it's not about the ability to play video games, it's about multi tasking and how Palm has done a horrendous job in telling the general public that fact. Not only moms can multi-task and honestly, those commercials don't tell me that they multi-task. They need to do a head to head comparison with all the other smart phones out there and how they stand out. It might not completely dig them out of the hole their in, but it's a start and doing something is better than doing nothing.
  3. #43  
    Ha Ha Ha Iphone, take that!
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    hahahahha you must be like 80 years old!
    ha ha yeah thumbs up to buddy you rock .....FAIL you can do better than that lady..
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    everybody don't play games on their phone.... They do " grown up stuff " too this thread is SAD
    Most "grown ups" would find humor in this commercial. Funny commercials are the best kind for getting your product advertised effectively. Think about the superbowl...
    Conne>< Coding

    Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

    Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

    Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
    last night i was playing need for speed, freaking the best game while hi.... he wanted to mess up the game by calling me. he freaked when he saw the game pause and i answered the call. he was like ***** the iphone does not do that. i was like multiple tasking.
    You know whats more amazing you can swipe back to the game and start playing it while your on the phone. Provided you have a headset or headphones/speaker on. No iPhone can do that!

    -Toaster
  7. #47  
    can you say commercial? I can easily see that as a commercial. Have a bunch of high school kids goofing off playing "pranks" on people. Have them re-enact this scenario but first have them do it to an iphone user so they see the difference....

    nice.
  8. #48  
    where the hell has the op been throw out all of this argument, he is going to be a Lil surprised to see that this turned out to be 3 pages long lol.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Most "grown ups" would find humor in this commercial. Funny commercials are the best kind for getting your product advertised effectively. Think about the superbowl...

    no most grown ups check email , browse the web and do searches on places to eat with a bizz partners to land that acct. You can't do that playing games sorry... And rite know palms stock is worthless because the are not selling phones... If now one steps in and buys palm the can kiss the baby goodbye... Not spend 10 million on a 40 sec super bowl add because it's funny. Funny don't make money
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    where the hell has the op been throw out all of this argument, he is going to be a Lil surprised to see that this turned out to be 3 pages long lol.

    yeah this is true but no one is bashig each other it's a "grown up" convo.... LOL
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    no most grown ups check email , browse the web and do searches on places to eat with a bizz partners to land that acct. You can't do that playing games sorry... And rite know palms stock is worthless because the are not selling phones... If now one steps in and buys palm the can kiss the baby goodbye... Not spend 10 million on a 40 sec super bowl add because it's funny. Funny don't make money
    Nice to see your having fun in life. Lighten up a bit will you! Palm isnt trying to land business people with the gaming aspect of the palm pre, they are trying to land gamers and they caught me, but still the palm pre doesn't have to advertise games, I can quickly switch between my phone and the calendar or email in a matter of seconds with a simple swipe or any app you want! Can an iPhone do that while your on the phone? I think not.

    Maybe they aren't selling phones I think this is due to the fact that they have had bad marketing. Not to mention sprint isn't doing too hot themselves at the moment. Gaming was never a big part of any palm advertisement as far as I've seen. They have always promoted how easy it is to use and now lately they are promoting the multi-tasking better, especially with the new ad.

    -Toaster
  12. #52  
    TOASTERTHE GAMER I'm not mad I'm being real palms hurtin .. And most college kids & kids don't pay for service their parent do "business " so why not sell to them they control the money not kids my friend ... And me being a business person I use google search and also the navi to find out where I'm at ..... So far as palm not trying to land business ppl they need all the help it can rite know dueces..
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    TOASTERTHE GAMER I'm not mad I'm being real palms hurtin .. And most college kids & kids don't pay for service their parent do "business " so why not sell to them they control the money not kids my friend ... And me being a business person I use google search and also the navi to find out where I'm at ..... So far as palm not trying to land business ppl they need all the help it can rite know dueces..
    Mommy and Daddy have a sprint family plan with data. Kid has to choose a phone. Sell the kid the Pre and they will get to use the data.

    Mommy and Daddy have a family plan on VZW. Kid wants a Pre+, kid pays mom and dad $30/mo to get data.

    You know there are students out there who pay for everything themselves, including college. If they feel they need a cool phone, why not sell it to them. I also think you should consider the young professional crowd who is most likely to buy a Pre. According to a survey done on this forum, most Pre users are in their mid 20's. People in their mid 20's generally have their own cell plan. Hell, I had my own cell plan, and my parents joined me because I had access to better deals. So don't assume mommy and daddy are in charge of all the cell phone decisions.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  14. #54  
    complex pants show me your facts and this so called poll.. Most college kids that pay their own way only have a couple of bucks at the end of the month for that reason the can't afford a $120 dollar a month phone bill.. That's why the get on the family plan with mommy and daddy BECAUSE THE PAY FOR IT.... Dueces
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    complex pants show me your facts and this so called poll.. Most college kids that pay their own way only have a couple of bucks at the end of the month for that reason the can't afford a $120 dollar a month phone bill.. That's why the get on the family plan with mommy and daddy BECAUSE THE PAY FOR IT.... Dueces
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ral-users.html

    Assume they don't drink, and that is a lot of money saved Also, $120/mo? I got my Pre for $70/mo, which is unlimited everything except anytime minutes which was 450.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  16. #56  
    cant believe this is still going on, looks like round two here we come
  17. #57  
    And one more thing, the Pre is quite the discount phone atm. $30 for a new Pre+ is a freaking steal. That is well within the range of a college/high school student. Compare that to a iPhone 3GS at $200, hell, even to and iPhone 3G at $99. And even if you are on a family plan and mommy and daddy are paying, the increase is only $30/mo for data, which even a high school student could afford.

    The only barrier to entry right now is that no one knows about it. Market it to the young 20's and I think you will see more sales. I think the ad discussed above would do a wonderful job targeting that audience. Especially during March Madness.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  18. #58  
    man do you know how many ppl were lying on that ...$120 a month everything free.... I was paying $160 a month on vzw so I'm saving $40 bucks with unlimited mins & and free mobile to mobile... Vzw was charging me $20 bucks extra for texting but on sprint it's UNLIMITED EVERYTHING ......dueces
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    cant believe this is still going on, looks like round two here we come
    this is not round 2 it's a civil convo with no bashing like a forum should be.....
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    man do you know how many ppl were lying on that ...$120 a month everything free.... I was paying $160 a month on vzw so I'm saving $40 bucks with unlimited mins & and free mobile to mobile... Vzw was charging me $20 bucks extra for texting but on sprint it's UNLIMITED EVERYTHING ......dueces
    VZW says unlimited, but they really mean unlimited in network. So, I am assuming you are on the sprint unlimited plan, and are paying for insurance and then taxes bring it up to $120.

    For most people under 30, they rarely call land lines and so the 450 min would suffice just fine. Everything else is unlimited with nights starting at 7pm. That price point is $70/mo before any discounts, which are easy to get.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions