Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    and yet all the att commercials right now are about how you can make phone calls and surf the net at the same time. The point is that Palm needs to start displaying wh
    at sets WebOS apart. We all know but
    most people do not.
    please stop comparing the pre to the iphone in a couple of months pre is gonna have way more comp than the stupid iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    show a jack a s s playing a video game while stoned and not even knowing the name of the feature that allows this?

how will that help Palm?
    I never said anyone who was stoned. I said someone playing a game. It could be in an airport for all I care. The point is the ad would show 3 major selling features, quickly, up close, and they are things that would make the Pre stand apart from the iPhone and Android. iPhone can't multitask game and do notifications and Android can't play games. The Pre can do all of them!

And just to adjust your frame of reference, not everyone who plays video games is a stoner. I play video game as a major source of stress relief. I do not smoke anything and I am currently in medical school working towards being a productive member of society.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    please stop comparing the pre to the iphone in a couple of months pre is gonna have way more comp than the stupid iphone
    iPhone = market leader, so it is what you should compare too. But the proposed ad also compares to android. It is a very solid ad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    well considering that the current pdk is only concentrated on games at the moment and not "grown up stuff" we need a commercial about what the pre can do
    now, not in a few months from now.
    or else it would be lieing. we do not
    have "grown up stuff" at the moment
    to compete with the iphone. but we d
    o in the gaming department so we ca
    n go at them with that.
    read what you wrote then ask yourself am I foreal. A smart phone is more thanjust gaming ..... Smh
    read what you wrote then ask yourself am I foreal. A smart phone is more thanjust gaming ..... Smh
    Yes, you are correct. A smart phone is for more than just gaming. However, what has help sell the iPhone the most? The games. So why not feature them?

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    iPhone = market leader, so it is what you should compare too. But the proposed ad also compares to android. It is a very solid ad idea.

LOL You CAN't BE FOREAL listen to yourself...
    well thanks for having this "grown up" convo atleast no one cursed me out good day to all...
    yeah i know that the gaming is not the only thing going on for the pre, but if palm did decided to make a commercial about going at it with the iphone then what else besides the multi tasking and notifications are we going to make a stronger point with. yeah we have games which we already know in this thread, but what business "grown up" apps are we gonna shi.t on the iphone with? besides Epocrates which i think the iphone has also, but why else to make a commercial about business applications, we cant at the moment. so we have to work with what we have now. what would be your idea of a commercial since you are obviously out to just bash other peoples ideas?
    LOL You CAN't BE FOREAL listen to yourself...
    I am *for real,* please explain what is wrong with my statements rather than just sloughing them off as wrong.

well thanks for having this "grown up" convo atleast no one cursed me out good day to all...
    I have not cursed, I have not called names and I have given examples of how the proposed ad could be effective. All you have done is imply that individuals who play games are not "grown ups," which I do find slightly insulting. Currently, the video game industry rivals the movie industry in size, which would suggest to me that more than just little children play games. People fresh out of college still play games and they have the money to spend on smart phones.

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I never said anyone who was stoned. I said someone playing a game. It could be in an airport for all I care. The point is the ad would show 3 major selling features, quickly, up close, and they are things that would make the Pre stand apart from the iPhone and Android. iPhone can't multitask game and do notifications and Android can't play games. The Pre can do all of them!

And just to adjust your frame of reference, not everyone who plays video games is a stoner. I play video game as a major source of stress relief. I do not smoke anything and I am currently in medical school working towards being a productive member of society.
    the original poster himself referenced being high.
    i thought that he was referring to being hi as in having a high score and his friend wanted to call him to ruin it, and once he got back in to his game his friend got mad cause his mission failed, but he may of been high also the op need to clarify that lol.
    fair point, I didn't notice that. Ok, remove the drugs and then make it into a commercial.
    Not saying this would help Palm. But this would be a cool commerical to show some of the phones features. Its hard to explain Webos people need a visual of how it acutally works.
    everybody don't play games on their phone.... They do " grown up stuff " too this thread is SAD
    hahahahha you must be like 80 years old!
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    hahahahha you must be like 80 years old!
    Actually, my 85 y.o. grandmother loves Bejeweled 2.

That wasn't an iphone comparison. If you'll notice it is a moto backflip in those commercials. My point was... Consumers like to know they can surf the web and make phone calls at the same time...why wouldn't they also like to know they can play games and receive notifications at the same time?

the biggest point though is that Palm needs to advertise WebOS better. Just from their comercials I'd have no idea what makes WebOS great. It seems so simple to be...yet Palm can't grasp it.
    First of all, the number of Apps sold on iPhone are LARGELY games. So even if you aren't a gamer, showcasing the Pre's ability WOULD be impressive to the gadget public at large. Secondly, if you want to make the commercial more 'perfect' have his girlfriend call him, interrupt the game to ask him to get something at the store and check his schedule. Show a closeup of him doing all these things and then going back to the game. Closeup of awed friends...win. I feel like the latest iPhone ad where it shows someone playing games while on hold is intended to make it seem as though the iPhone is capable of true multi-tasking. I feel like Apple may be more aware of the threat of WebOS than Palm is....sad really.
    I'm not much of a game person myself, but I still think it is a good ad. idea. Most people would get that a 3D game requires a high level of performance which can also be used for 'serious' software.
    also want to point out that even for non-gamers, sometimes you want to show off the 'wow' factor of the phone. Whenever I whip out my Pre and show them Asphalt people tend to be pretty blown away. If you think the 'wow' factor doesn't sell phones, take a look at the droid sales figures.....
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast