1.    #1  
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Lets go Palm step it up and blow everyone away. Instead of sitting back and doing nothing at all.
    Interesting article.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    the customer support one is huge
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I agree 100%.

One thing Palm needs to do really soon though, IMO, is to release some new and greatly improved hardware to the customers, as well as tons more apps. Then and only then will they be able to keep up with the others.
    People said Apple was doomed in the 90s (even after Steve Jobs returned in 97') and now look at them. They're on top of the world. I really, really hope Palm can make an apple-like recovery.
    Uhmm, Palm needs to fix the horrendous GPS in the Pre/Pixi before they press anything GPS. The GPS in the Pre is horrendous.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Uhmm, Palm needs to fix the horrendous GPS in the Pre/Pixi before they press anything GPS. The GPS in the Pre is horrendous.
    What's wrong with it, exactly? It's been nothing but good for me.
    Disagree entirely, again. The Pre's GPS is better than the phone I used before it (the q9c), and better than the two standalone GPS units I had just because of the lack of assisted GPS on them (fixes usually took 45-60 seconds on the standalone units, less than 15 on the Pre)... and that's BEFORE I modified the GPS settings in qPST.

In earlier revisions of webOS (prior to 1.2 or so), I did have some GPS issues that needed a restart to fix. But I haven't seen anything of the sort in recent memory.

Still wish it had a compass for walking speeds and other advanced stuff in GPS apps, etc., but the GPS itself is the best I've used.

Unless maybe you don't like Sprint / VZW Navigation or Google Maps, but that's entirely different anyway.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwpreplus2010 View Post
    Lets go Palm step it up and blow everyone away. Instead of sitting back and doing nothing at all.
    Okay, I'm going to call you on this: Palm is not "sitting back and doing nothing at all." That's a ridiculous assertion, even if you don't agree with what they are doing. It's insulting to a good many very hardworking people, and it's getting a little tiring to hear over and over.

It's almost as if some people think webOS is a natural resource that Palm stumbled across and is now just mismanaging. And that just irks me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Odd, my GPS is great. TeleNav has never steered me wrong yet, and when I use Google Maps it always shows me where I am...

Sorry you have problems.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Missed the article and thanks for the heads up. Very interesting read and insightful. Don't agree with everything they say, but good to hear another thumbs up from tech media. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I've been a palm user for almost a decade, never had a pad situation with their support.

takes forever to get to them. but once on the line, they wont let it end till theres some resolving of an issue.
    I love all of these recent articles lately about what palm needs to do or what they should of done.