1.    #1  

There are no punches pulled at all here. Do that. Do a direct comparison between the droid, and iPhone at the same time, showing off the multitasking. And show that yours does more and does it faster, all at the same time.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    That approach worked in this ad because Sprint was selling to iPhone users (and against AT&T's 3G network), not against the iPhone itself. I think that webOS should be demonstrated on its own merits and not compared to iPhone or Android, simply because nobody needs to be reminded of those two.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3.    #3  
    People already know about the iPhone and Droid. But someone really needs to beat the public over the head with my should I get a Pre vs one of those. And direct comparison would be amazing.

Hell, show what integrated calendars really means. So the non-integrated calendar's on the iPhone or Droid. I mean, if you are a gamer on verizon Pre >> Droid. Show that!

Right now, Palm needs to be super agressive, because sitting back and being cautious is certain death. If you charge ahead you may succeed or you may die horribly, but at least you have a chance to succeed.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    sort of agree, but sort of dont

you can show off the phone and have the public make the comparisons for you

there should be several commercials each demonstrating one thing, like the iphone ads (and all, of course, demonstrating multitasking) without direct mention of the iphone or droid
    If anything, Sprint was kind of making it look like the iPhone was on Sprint. It sort of blurs the lines. It makes people think they can use an iPhone on Sprint. That can't be good for sales of the Pre.
    this seems like a bad demonstration for 4g. You don't use a competitors phone to push a new service.
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    this seems like a bad demonstration for 4g. You don't use a competitors phone to push a new service.
    Verizon is doing the same thing with their Myfi service to draw new iPad customers.

It is strange that the network with the only 4G implementation is not promoting it with a product that they actually sell. If I didn't already have an iPhone, that commercial would make me want to look into one.
    They (Sprint and Verizon) are both trying to get business from iPhone owners anyway they can... just like Verizon showing that iPad users will be able to use their mifi product.

You see how sprint completely abandons the Pre in this ad? They are telling everyone THE IPHONE IS COOL! And why couldnt he being playing with a Pre instead of biting into an apple? And when you are a company with little money left, you want to come out with a another phone for them (rumored wimax palm)?!

palm needs to F-sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    Last edited by donm527; 03/20/2010 at 07:50 PM.
    The more I think about this ad, the stranger it seems. Consider all the spoken, and unspoken messages it sends:

1. We (Sprint) do not have any phones that are as cool as the iPhone.

2. iPhones are compatible with the Sprint Network.

3. Apple is one of our valued partners.

4. Unlike Verizon, we are not in competition with Apple. iPhones are great and are welcome here as a full citizen.

5. Sprint is a big tent company.

6. We don't care what phone you use. It's all good.

7. Palm, who?

They could have used any, or all of their phones with the tagline, "You don't need a 4G phone, just a 4G network." Or... "On the Sprint network, every phone is a 4G phone."

These are just some stream of consciousness ideas that came to mind as I was thinking about this. It is a little like a coach coming out at halftime of the Superbowl and naming the other team's QB an honorary member of your teem. Bizarre...
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    The more I think about this ad, the stranger it seems. Consider all the spoken, and unspoken messages it sends:
    DING DING DING DING.... we have a winner!
    To freaky for me, the iphone in the now network commercial, so weird... that was ballsy of them. you know what that means now right, Luke Wilson is gonna go after sprint now cause the whole verizon thing I'm sure is getting old after the multiple times them verizon commercials shi.ted all over att and till this day att has not been able to make a decent come back. lol my favorite verizon one was the simulation of twilight.
    I wonder if we'll start seeing Supersonic 4G commercials in the coming weeks.