1.    #1  
    Their Hardware is even worse! Wow, I don't get it. I've done nothing but baby every Pre I've owned, (3) and yet sure enough something goes wrong with them everytime! I LOVE WebOS, but gotta say that I think I will be getting something else soon if Palm doesn't release new and better hardware soon! I've played with iphones, and androids, and honestly think their OS is so inferior to Palm's, but I can't stand having to baby a phone as much as I have with the Pre's. Maybe just maybe noone is buying a Pre because of all the fail hardware? I mean My local Sprint store constantly tells people about all the hardware issues to steer them clear of the Pre, everytime I bring mine in they pretty much tell me "I told ya so"... Sorry If I offend anyone, but just upset with the Hardware issues a lot of people (including myself) seem to be going through.
    Last edited by JayFonzerrelli; 03/21/2010 at 12:11 PM.
    Yes, thanks for jumping in here and reporting that you're having hardware issues. Because, of course, there have only been 2,937 posts about EXACTLY the same topic, saying almost exactly the same things, and we needed this 2,938th post to feel complete.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3.    #3  
    And I'm sure we've got aboit 2,937 replies just like yours to these posts! Wow, talk about kicking a guy when he's down... Whatever!
    I don't understand why people come and complain about things that no one on this fourm can fix or control. Sounds like venting. People need to get a girlfriend or boyfriend for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFonzerrelli View Post
    Their Hardware is even worse! Wow, I don't get it. I've done nothing but baby every Pre I've owned, (3) and yet sure enough something goes wrong with them everytime! I LOVE WebOS, but gotta say that I think I will be getting something else soon if Palm doesn't release new and better hardware soon! I've played with iphones, and androids, and honestly think their OS is so inferior to Palm's, but I can't stand having to baby a phone as much as I have with the Pre's. Maybe just maybe noone is buying a Pre because of all the fail hardware? I mean My local Sprint store constantly tells people about all the hardware issues to steer them clear of the Pre, everytime I bring mine in they pretty much tell me "I told ya so"... Sorry If I offend anyone, but just upset with the Hardware issues a lot of seem to be going through.
    What sort of problems? I'm sure they've already been posted here, but thanks for letting everyone know.

Funny thing, I have yet to have any hardware issues. I wrapped it in a ZAGG when I bought it, and I haven't been all that gentle. I swap between std and extended batteries quite often, and it's usually in my pants pocket. No issues.

The only problem is the occaisional missed or duplicate keystroke. But that's usually my fault because I have fat thumbs and no patience, so that's usually my fault, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFonzerrelli View Post
    Their Hardware is even worse! Wow, I don't get it. I've done nothing but baby every Pre I've owned, (3) and yet sure enough something goes wrong with them everytime! I LOVE WebOS, but gotta say that I think I will be getting something else soon if Palm doesn't release new and better hardware soon! I've played with iphones, and androids, and honestly think their OS is so inferior to Palm's, but I can't stand having to baby a phone as much as I have with the Pre's. Maybe just maybe noone is buying a Pre because of all the fail hardware? I mean My local Sprint store constantly tells people about all the hardware issues to steer them clear of the Pre, everytime I bring mine in they pretty much tell me "I told ya so"... Sorry If I offend anyone, but just upset with the Hardware issues a lot of seem to be going through.
    No... Their marketing sucked even more.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    In the future please make sure that the title of your post ("Sure Palm's marketing sucked but...") matches the content of your post. Here you used a title that made it look like you were going to say something about Palm's marketing, but instead you complained about hardware. Of course people are going to be annoyed when they read a thread that wastes their time by tricking them with a misleading title.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNONI78 View Post
    I don't understand why people come and complain about things that no one on this fourm can fix or control. Sounds like venting. People need to get a girlfriend or boyfriend for that.
    It's ok when they are looking for help. Venting isn't very interesting. I just wish they would search for topics first, so we don't have 57 identical threads. That doesn't help anyone...

Personally, I've never had a complaint about any of the Palm hardware I've had. The Centro was definitely the most fragile, but it was one fourth the price of my Treos so that was understandable.

I just buy the insurance, and if it breaks - meh, they will send me another one...

I am pretty hard on my phones, but they usually last the minimum two years. My Centro had to be replaced right at 2 years because I needed it to last until Verizon came out with a WebOS device. Glad I waited. I spent many hours playing with Droids trying to convince myself that I should get one...

5 minutes with a Pre (just long enough to read/learn the basic gestures) and I was hooked.

I hope they come out with one that has a bigger screen, but that's the fault of my eyesight, not through any fault of Palm.

For now, this is by far my favorite phone ever, and my favorite Palm device ever. And I've had just about every device going back to the Palm Pilot. And, my avatar to the left of this post shows my first Palm phone... made by Kyocera. The original Smartphone (because I think it came out before the orgional Visor/Treo came out from Handspring. I'm sure someone will correct my recollection of history....
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/20/2010 at 01:50 PM.