1.    #1  
    I have a brown circle on two of my palm pre application icons.
    When i click the application it redirects me to the App Catalog instead of opening the application.
    The applications in question used to work perfectly before...
    I uninstalled them, but their icons remained with a brown circle.
    After re-installation, the brown circle circle disappeared but the application didn't launch, instead i was redirected to App Catalog with a message saying "not available for my country..."
    Any help?... thanks.
    Which apps? And where do you live?
    I think that is an indication of an install error. It happened to & I deleted the incomplete download. Then installed the app again to fix the issue. Hope this helps!

BLiip
  4.    #4  
    I live in Switzerland, i have an unlocked GSM pre, the App is Need for speed and Slot machine.
    the scenario is the following:
    1- i installed it via an stand alone IPK and it ran perfectly
    2- Pre suggested an update, i try to update, Error "not available in your country" and on the icon i have a yellow triangle and an "!"
    3- i uninstall it, the app's icon remains in the launcher, it's opacity is like 25% with a clear brown circled on top of it
    4- i re-install the app (with a clean restart between every install/uninstall), the icon is correct now, i launch the application, the pre redirects me automatically to the catalog and back to step "2"...
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerabinader View Post
    I live in Switzerland, i have an unlocked GSM pre, the App is Need for speed and Slot machine.
    the scenario is the following:
    1- i installed it via an stand alone IPK and it ran perfectly
    2- Pre suggested an update, i try to update, Error "not available in your country" and on the icon i have a yellow triangle and an "!"
    3- i uninstall it, the app's icon remains in the launcher, it's opacity is like 25% with a clear brown circled on top of it
    4- i re-install the app (with a clean restart between every install/uninstall), the icon is correct now, i launch the application, the pre redirects me automatically to the catalog and back to step "2"...
    Sorry to say it sounds like you've got an error because you installed and then tried to update an app that's not intended for use in/distribution to your country. I suggest a visit to the Dr. to fully get these apps off your phone. This should take care of the issue for you.
  6.    #6  
    I finally managed to resolve the problem... If someone has it as well this is the way to doing it:
    1- for a reason Preware and WebOsQuickInstall didn't detect that my application was still installed (when the brown circle was appearing after uninstallation)...
    2- But i managed to "uninstall it", again, but from the Pre itself (from the launcher etc etc)
    3- Reinstalled my applications and they ran perfectly again...

So maybe it's a bug in Preware or in WebOsQuickInstall that they couldn't fully uninstall an application... i know my need for speed is working again
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerabinader View Post
    I finally managed to resolve the problem... If someone has it as well this is the way to doing it:
    1- for a reason Preware and WebOsQuickInstall didn't detect that my application was still installed (when the brown circle was appearing after uninstallation)...
    2- But i managed to "uninstall it", again, but from the Pre itself (from the launcher etc etc)
    3- Reinstalled my applications and they ran perfectly again...

So maybe it's a bug in Preware or in WebOsQuickInstall that they couldn't fully uninstall an application... i know my need for speed is working again
    Just a heads-up - assuming you reinstalled from the ipk again, you'll likely run into the same problem again if you try to update again. You should probably stay away from updating if these apps are important to you.