Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    And of course, I left it, and my friend decided to pull the battery from it (it says not to, even though the indicator wasn't moving). I try to turn on the phone and it is stuck on the palm logo. Help? I sold this phone and I need to ship it out.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Since you were already trying to wipe it you can just Doctor it and you'll be pretty much in the same place. Go ahead and pull the battery then do the following;

Put the battery back in, do not turn it on
    Hold down the volume up button then press the power button
    You should see a large USB symbol on the screen (at least I think that's what shows)
    Connect it to your PC

Now run the WebOS Doctor on it and you're good to go.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I've read that this process can take a few hours. Although trodecke is probably correct, you may just be able to wait a while for the erase to finish.
    jus doctor it
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    I've read that this process can take a few hours. Although trodecke is probably correct, you may just be able to wait a while for the erase to finish.
    I started it at 2am, and when I woke up at 9:30, it still wasn't done.

I think this is what you meant, trodecke (from Palm's site):

This can occur while the tool loads the device drivers if you’re using Windows XP or Vista. This process can take up to 15 minutes. The Next button is unavailable during this period.

If the Next button does not become available after 15 minutes and your computer is no longer displaying the palm.com/rom screen, put the phone in recovery mode.

To put your phone in recovery mode:

1. Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet.
    2. If you can, turn off your phone. See Restarting and resetting your phone .
    3. Remove and reinsert the battery. See Replacing the battery on a Pre phone or Replacing the battery on a Pixi phone.
    4. Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the phone.
    5. Release the volume up button when the screen showing the large USB icon appears.
    6. Connect your phone to your computer. The Next button becomes available.
    7. Click Next to continue with webOS Doctor.
    Palm - webOS Doctor - FAQs

Trying this now with wedOS Doctor at the moment.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    It worked! Except I can't turn off the phone after I turned it on to double check that it was at the language selection screen lol. Oh well.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Palm Pre!