Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm getting another Palm Pre with my insurance with sprint but Im going to be using a new palm profile. Now please dont say to use the same palm profile, I have my reasons.

I currently have NFSU and UNO on my phone. I wont be able to redownload it from my new palm profile via App Catalog.

Does anyone know how I can locate the files on my phone, copy it to my computer, and install it on the new Palm Pre? Thanks in advance!
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Assuming that you will no longer use your old account, have you called Palm to see if they can transfer the purchase credit to a new profile?
  3.    #3  
    Does anyone know how I can locate the files on my phone, copy it to my computer, and install it on the new Palm Pre? And please dont tell me to call palm to transfer. I'm asking a specific question.
    Gustavo Guillen

doing that would be considered illegal. .. Yes I know it's ur personal backup but it cannot be discussed In the forims. . . Just call palm and ask them how they can help.
    Your purchases are tied to your Palm profile. You have no choice but to either call Palm and have them transer to your new profile, or repurchase them for your new profile.

Should just take a few minutes with Palm, call them with both your old and new profile info, and either the receipt numbers you got when you purchase the apps, or whatever other info they might need.

You cannot copy the files from your old Pre to your computer, once the games are installed, the installer program disappears. That's called copy protection to prevent people from doing exactly what you want to.

There is no other way. If you cannot prove to Palm it is you requesting the transfer, it's not going to happen. Period.
    I need to get my car on a new title. Don't ask me why, and don't tell me to call the DMV and ask them how to do it. I'm asking a simple question: is there a way to remove the VIN plate and create a new one?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Aside from your mysterious "reasons", there's no point. There's absolutely nothing in you Palm Profile that you can't change... accounts, email, etc., which means there's no good reason I can think of for you to switch....
    yeah, this is fishy....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    yeah, this is fishy....
    Yea it is. The fact that OP refuses to just call Palm and easily transfer the credit to his new profile seems shady.

My guess: You want to copy paid apps from your friend's Pre to your own for free?
    NO! You can't do it. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    yeah, this is fishy....
    lol dude you are on vacation and you are still helping out, to funny see guys that is a die hard fan of webos here

now getting back to the op, palm can transfer accts from one old acct to ur new one, but i sense something illegal going on, why not call them since they are the only ones that can do it for you.
    Menace187 I am loving your quote. Who said that? I like to send inspirational and motivational things to my teachers
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Menace187 I am loving your quote. Who said that? I like to send inspirational and motivational things to my teachers
    I was talking about mrloserpunk, since he is on vacation and he is still helping out. he has a thread going on here talking about his vacation and his pre
    http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...-trip-nyc.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    oh sorry i just realized that you was talking about my signature quote. T.I. said that in a video called remember me. its actually a pretty good video and very true to what he is saying.
  15.    #15  
    So no one's going to help me?
    Gustavo Guillen

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Its not that we don't want to, we just don't think it is possible since all of the game files are encrypted to protect developers work. but it is still early and i noticed a lot of great answers gets answered around midnight throw 1 in the morning, good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Its not that we don't want to, we just don't think it is possible since all of the game files are encrypted to protect developers work. but it is still early and i noticed a lot of great answers gets answered around midnight throw 1 in the morning, good luck.
    Actually, it is really easy to do. No one wants to tell random people how because of the risk of piracy.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Actually, it is really easy to do. No one wants to tell random people how because of the risk of piracy.
    +1 i fell you man, since u are a developer ur self, but I'm not the one that is being stubborn here, if i was in this situation i would just call palm like how i did before and just transfer accts. really easy process so judging that the op does not want to do it I'm suspecting something illegal going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Exactly. I don't know what the problem is here. The OP has already been answered but he doesn't like it.

Problem: I'm getting a new Pre and want to use a new Palm profile. How can I keep my paid apps?

Solution: Call Palm and have them transfer the credit to your new profile.

Maybe if we know exactly why you don't want to do go the official route, we can help you better. We can tell there is more to what you are trying to do here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    We did help you. We told you exactly what you need to do to get your paid apps to a new profile.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast