Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And you know, given Palm's dire straits, I'm not inclined to give anyone the benefit of the doubt here. The only reason I can fathom for the question is a desire to steal software. Not only do I find that reprehensible, but it also ****es me off. I want this platform to survive, and taking away even more reasons for developers to write software for webOS just makes things worse.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    And you know, given Palm's dire straits, I'm not inclined to give anyone the benefit of the doubt here. The only reason I can fathom for the question is a desire to steal software. Not only do I find that reprehensible, but it also ****es me off. I want this platform to survive, and taking away even more reasons for developers to write software for webOS just makes things worse.
    Agreed. No one here is going to promote piracy. We're all hoping for Palm to succeed... It is pretty obvious what the OP is trying to do lol. I think it's funny how he tried to disguise his intentions...
  3.    #23  
    Im still going to keep the second one thats why.

My question is Does anyone know how I can locate the files on my phone, copy it to my computer, and install it on the new Palm Pre? Thanks in advance!

I didnt ask if Palm can transfer it.
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
  4.    #24  
    And how is it stealing software? I bought the games on my first palm pre and i want to put them on my second one. Therefor its not piracy. Why do DVD burners exist? So people can make backup of their movies. It's illegal to share with people but if its for yourself its not.
    Gustavo Guillen

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    If you want another copy of the game on another device (since you are keeping the old with the games installed), then you have to purchase it again. App purchases are a 1 device use license only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    And how is it stealing software? I bought the games on my first palm pre and i want to put them on my second one. Therefor its not piracy. Why do DVD burners exist? So people can make backup of their movies. It's illegal to share with people but if its for yourself its not.
    I'm pretty sure that the license is that a purchased game can only be used on one device.

And no, there is no way to do what you are asking. Apps are encrypted to stop people from doing what you are trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    If you want another copy of the game on another device (since you are keeping the old with the games installed), then you have to purchase it again. App purchases are a 1 device use license only.
    This is correct. You purchased a license for the game, not the game itself. If you plan on keeping one pre, you can just switch profiles. It seems you are asking how can I have this game on multiple devices without paying for it. Based on how palm manages apps purchased from the app catalog(profile), the only way you could do it without the devs permission would be to engage in piracy. Thats the truth. And thats why noone is willing to help you with that. The simple solution is to either purchase the app for the new device, or contact the developer and explain your situation. The only person who should be able to give you permission should be the Developer. After all it's his game. Also your not making a backup, your making a full working copy and placing it on another device to use....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Why hasn't this thread been buried. A solution was given. I'm sorry the op does not like his options, but that is not the issue.

e_t
    maybe because by posting that you helped to keep it on the new posts list.
    Now to everyone do not post here let this thread die.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    maybe because by posting that you helped to keep it on the new posts list.
    Now to everyone do not post here let this thread die.
    okay....

:P

(you guys hate it, but i love my humor...)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    okay....

:P

(you guys hate it, but i love my humor...)
    lmao i been wanting to do that for a few hours already but didnt want to look like a ****
    me too
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    lmao i been wanting to do that for a few hours already but didnt want to look like a ****
    Add me to that list also.
  14.    #34  
    lol? You guys are funny
    Gustavo Guillen

15.    #35  
    Thanks anyways but I found my solution.
    Gustavo Guillen

16.    #36  
    Ok i have a different question now. How can I backup my game save. For example when I doctor my Pre and the games redownload I have to start a new game. I dont like to have to do everything on NFSU again. Thanks!
    Gustavo Guillen

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Ok i have a different question now. How can I backup my game save. For example when I doctor my Pre and the games redownload I have to start a new game. I dont like to have to do everything on NFSU again. Thanks!
    A solution for that is currently under development. It's called Save/Restore by WebOS Internals.

http://bit.ly/saverestore

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12