1.    #1  
    So I went with my friend to Radio Shack so she can ditch Verizon (which she hated) and switch to Sprint and get a free Palm Pre. After initially activating it, I just gave her the once over on how to use the basic functions. Today I had some more time and went to see her and updated her phone from 1.2.1. (I was amazed it was that old a version!!!) to 1.4.0. The update went fine, and after it was done I decided to start her out with some Apps. For some reason though, the App Catalog only shows 937 apps. I refreshed it a few times, I restarted the phone, but no matter what I did, it stayed at 937. Even when I decide to just look at the free apps, I get the same number, 937. And it does show paid apps! I did a search for Pandora, and it can't even find it.

What gives? Anyone know?
    That's weird. I see 1765 apps in my list. Very strange, very strange!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    So I went with my friend to Radio Shack so she can ditch Verizon (which she hated) and switch to Sprint and get a free Palm Pre. After initially activating it, I just gave her the once over on how to use the basic functions. Today I had some more time and went to see her and updated her phone from 1.2.1. (I was amazed it was that old a version!!!) to 1.4.0. The update went fine, and after it was done I decided to start her out with some Apps. For some reason though, the App Catalog only shows 937 apps. I refreshed it a few times, I restarted the phone, but no matter what I did, it stayed at 937. Even when I decide to just look at the free apps, I get the same number, 937. And it does show paid apps! I did a search for Pandora, and it can't even find it.

What gives? Anyone know?
    Doctor it. I also see 1765.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  4.    #4  
    I would hate to doctor a brand new phone that had nothing but the 1.4 update installed on it. I am hoping that as soon as the App count goes up, her Pre will finally catch on. If not, then I might have to doctor it...
    I wonder if for some reason during the update the App Catalog program didn't get updated properly. Maybe when it's contacting the Palm App servers it's sending out that it is version 1.2.1. I am sure there are boatloads of apps that are not compatible with that version and maybe that could explain why the app count is so low. I'd Doctor it back to 1.2.1 then Doctor up to 1.4. I did that on my phone after the 1.4 upgrade turned into a disaster...haven't had a single problem since.
  6.    #6  
    Hmm, it's gonna be hard to pry the phone out of her hands long enough to doctor it. Will a partial restore fix it? If not, I guess the next best thing to do is wait for the next update. I am buying the theory though that we are still looking on an old app catalog version.

thanks for the input guys!
    If it is a brand new phone take it to a Sprint store and show them the problem. They should take care of it for you.
    I would try the partial reset.
    I would hate to doctor a brand new phone that had nothing but the 1.4 update installed on it. I am hoping that as soon as the App count goes up, her Pre will finally catch on. If not, then I might have to doctor it...
    check if it has been updated to 1.4 usually they are not updated out of the box that is why you only see a few apps. you dont need to doctor or do a partial reset just hit the update app is all!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    For some reason though, the App Catalog only shows 937 apps. I refreshed it a few times, I restarted the phone, but no matter what I did, it stayed at 937.

What gives? Anyone know?
    Maybe the Dunghouse Labs feed was down.
    Shadavis is right. It is not updated to 1.4 & probably not even 1.31. I had the same issue on a recent phone.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    any updates?
    He stated in the first post he updated to 1.4
    Today I had some more time and went to see her and updated her phone from 1.2.1. (I was amazed it was that old a version!!!) to 1.4.0. The update went fine, and after it was done I decided to start her out with some Apps.