Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just sayin'
  2.    #2  
    ** duplicate deleted **
    Last edited by Prepopscience; 03/20/2010 at 09:25 AM.
    I love mine too. It's the best phone I've ever had. I really hope all this bad news turns around for Palm cause I want to beable to continue with them for many years!!! Go Palm!!
    I love mine too, I've owned and Iphone , and did android on the G1, and also had a nokia E71... WebOS is really hard to beat IMO
    To the extent that people visit this forum before making a decision about buying a Pre, these kinds of posts are incredibly valuable. For the record, I love my Pre as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I also love my Pre, best phone i've ever had.. Webos is the next best thing..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I like how if the guy started complaining about his pre...
    ... saying "I hate my Pre"

Every little fan-boy would get mad and say "ok, bye. don't let the door hit you on the way out" or some stupid joke like that...
    ... and get 20+ thanks.

Pointless post imo. So vague... what do you like about it?
    I won't argue it's a pointless post. But it's better than having page 1 riddled with "battery life sucks" and "earpeice don't work???"

And to clarify for new readers and people researching the pre, you should not be surprised to see alot of posters reiterrating problems in individual forum threads. We are the largest pre community, and this is where people come to get answers to their questions.
    Well my battery does suck.... But I still think that the Pre is a sweet phone and tell people to buy it.
    +1
    I don't think it's a pointless post at all!!!!

I feel the same way, and with all the doom and gloom out there, it's nice to hear someone say what I feel.

I know that Android 2.0 is very flashy, and Windows phone 7 is on the way, but...

a) I really LOVE the form factor. I really do. I love the fact that it feels like a smooth stone. I love the fact that it fits in my shirt pocket, or if I put it in my front pants pocket, it doesn't look like I'm 'happy to see you'

b) I love multitasking. I know that they're working on battery life, and I know that the iphone is coming out with it 'sometime in the future', but the Pre has it now, and I can't live without it. Just yesterday I was in a business meeting, I was on a call, I jumped on the internet to check something, then added something to my calendar, then made a note, all programs were open and easily accessible with a couple of taps to the screen. I LOVE that.

c) Little touches here and there. In the contacts app, you can set a reminder notification in the contact, so that the next time you call someone, your reminder comes up as a notification. This is now a must for any phone I have. I use it all the time. I can set any little thought down so that the next time I call the person, poof, a little note comes up. LOVE that. The notification led.

I know that WebOS is still young, and that other OSes do other things really well. Android does gmail really well. iPhone has tons of apps, I KNOW. But its the combination of things that WebOS does, for me, that I love.

So yes, I love my Pre too, and I'm not ashamed to say it.

I find it sad that so many people dont't like palm when they don't even give it a chance. I love me pre, it's been really good to me.
    my pre is my best friend I'm on it religiously my wife has even threatened divorce over it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mluther View Post
    I find it sad that so many people dont't like palm when they don't even give it a chance. I love me pre, it's been really good to me.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I like how if the guy started complaining about his pre...
    ... saying "I hate my Pre"

Every little fan-boy would get mad and say "ok, bye. don't let the door hit you on the way out" or some stupid joke like that...
    ... and get 20+ thanks.

Pointless post imo. So vague... what do you like about it?
    Kedar,
    You obviously missed the complete point of my post. It had nothing to do with the functionality of the Pre. Yesterday, very much to my dismay I read the article on the front page of the site spelling the demise of Palm according to analysts. Next I read 128 comments to that article saying how Palm screwed it all up and brought this on themselves with poor marketing. Then I jump into the forums and read about how Gizmodo says Palm has always been terrible, then I read about Engadget's Palm Survival guide and numerous posts about what phone people are going to pick up when Palm goes under. It was about as much as I could take and I thought if there was anyone else out there that was feeling the same way I was, maybe they would enjoy reading a simple message of encouragement.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Honestly if Palm does get purchased or go out of business everyone will move to a new phone manufacture and new OS and then that will be there favorite phone. Web OS was the next biggest thing. The Engadget article on what Palm messed up on is pretty much on point. Palm did this to themselves, making poor decision after poor decision. The Sprint Pre's have quality issues, Verizon Pre's have quality issues, and now there are reports AT&T has delayed their Pre launch (even though there has been no announcement) due to build issues. Palm should have addressed all of this with the Sprint Pre, but now its across their entire product line for all carriers and just looks like sloppy business practices. I don't think they could release new hardware if they wanted to and that is basically there only option left. That or just become an OS shop and license Web OS to other companies.

For the record, I don't love my Pre, but I don't hate it either. I just wish it was more reliable.
    Another vote here for Palm and the pre. Love the phone, launch day phone, solid hardware, best UI in the industry and can go all day and still have 60% to 70% battery left. Was working up in San Jose, Ca last week and my pre was a life saver. It's funny how the Negative Nancy's while always searching for a negative thread to pile on Palm even jump in and thrash Palm in the positive threads.
    I love it too...I had a Palm m100 PDA and thought it was great. Now, I can't stand being w/o my Pre.
  18. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Yeah, I dig mine too. It's really a great device. Multitasking is awesome, I love gestures. I'm bummed that more people aren't picking it up.
    it can aggravate me at times but so do people , i still love it !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    Honestly if Palm does get purchased or go out of business everyone will move to a new phone manufacture and new OS and then that will be there favorite phone. Web OS was the next biggest thing. The Engadget article on what Palm messed up on is pretty much on point. Palm did this to themselves, making poor decision after poor decision. The Sprint Pre's have quality issues, Verizon Pre's have quality issues, and now there are reports AT&T has delayed their Pre launch (even though there has been no announcement) due to build issues. Palm should have addressed all of this with the Sprint Pre, but now its across their entire product line for all carriers and just looks like sloppy business practices. I don't think they could release new hardware if they wanted to and that is basically there only option left. That or just become an OS shop and license Web OS to other companies.

For the record, I don't love my Pre, but I don't hate it either. I just wish it was more reliable.
    A big misunderstanding on both parts then.
    ...cause I come on here and all I read are "I love my Pre" and then a million comments saying "I love my Pre too. All the haters can shutup".
    or...
    I hear "My battery life is not so great" and then comments under them saying "Go get a blackberry then. I've never had a battery problem."

I mean, some people are just so against the Pre having shortcomings. It reminds me of how much I hate people who boast about their Iphone.

So, sorry for the misunderstanding. We come from two different angles.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast