Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Does anybody have a version of webos quickinstall that doesnt require webos doctor download
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    Does anybody have a version of webos quickinstall that doesnt require webos doctor download
    I think all of them require WebDr. What's the issue with having WebDr?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I think all of them require WebDr. What's the issue with having WebDr?
    I agree. Every version I have used requires WebDr.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    hmmm the person im teaching about webosquickinstall has a very slow connection, so i was just trying to get to the basics without having to wait for it to install
    There is a quick way around this. You could duplicate (copy/paste) WebOSQuickInstall.jar, rename it webOSDoctor.jar and then run the original.

I highly recommend that you use WebOS Quick Install as it's intended - with a genuine copy of WebOS Doctor... but this would work.

Edit: Don't use this method, it won't work (see Jason's post below).
    Last edited by SqyArc; 03/20/2010 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    There is a quick way around this. You could duplicate (copy/paste) WebOSQuickInstall.jar, rename it webOSDoctor.jar and then run the original.

I highly recommend that you use WebOS Quick Install as it's intended - with a genuine copy of WebOS Doctor... but this would work.
    umm, while that would launch WOSQI, every function in it would be broken until you close the program and restart with a proper webOSDoctor
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    edit - self deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    umm, while that would launch WOSQI, every function in it would be broken until you close the program and restart with a proper webOSDoctor
    Thanks for clarifying I always thought WebOS Doctor was a requirement in case things went wrong rather than being a requirement for actual function. Have striked out original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    hmmm the person im teaching about webosquickinstall has a very slow connection, so i was just trying to get to the basics without having to wait for it to install
    What you can do is just load it on a USB and take it with you and place it on your friends pc. There's nothing to install. All you need to do is place it in the same folder with WebOS QI.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!