1.    #1  
    I Just started playing with the gameboy emulator and the nes one, and i just realized that every game would be amazing if Palm had a bluetooth game controler that the PRE would snap into and then would make it just like a PSP pretty much.

I honestly don't see myself spending any money on all these game apps that i have to use the screen and take up most of it with my fat *** thumbs and never feel a button,

Is this all possible. I think if they want to make it a gaming device then they should give the option of this controller.
    Then in all the games if it detects the controller by bluetooth the game buttons will not be on the screen anymore?

it will make a bit more work on the developers but in the long run they will be able to make better games to play and probably be able to bring over harder games since you would be able to play the games a lot faster with buttons.

okay, Is this a good idea or am i just alone? i have too many idea's in my head, i wish i was a millionaire cause i would buy palm and make them an amazing company, muahahahah, not that they aren't already.
  2.    #2  
    and this controller would probably only work in landscape mode.
    Doesn't the PS3 wireless controller use Bluetooth? You can use it on Linux with some fiddling, but it'd be unrealistic in real life for the Pre. All the others I know of are portrait only.
  4.    #4  
    The Pre/Pixi has to be able to clip inside the controller so that it becomes 1 and very easy to bring with you in the car and what not, This controller would have a built in battery that would be able to use the touchstone charger as well so you could just plug in the controller and it would power the controller and the phone at once and on it's own as well
    not going to happen they don't even have those for the iPhone and it has a far larger user base and brand name recognition
    Hahaha my Kyocera KX5 slider from oh so long ago had one of these peripherals that worked exactly like you described. The phone snapped into it and there was a small cord that plugged into the bottom of the phone. It was supposedly manuf. by alienware but let me tell you that thing sucked *** AND it was $30. I'm a glutton for punishment so I did buy one but it went back to the store later that week.

Even if they decided to do something like that for pre, iphone, whatever, I'm sure it would still suck. Noone knows how to make a dpad properly. They make friggin' directional "discs" instead (i'm looking at you microsoft)

But could you imagine? A wonderfully designed controller housing that the pre set into in landscape orientation? The pre probably has the best form factor for this. Thinking it would look like a touchscreen PSP. (original, not Go) I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to develop an API that accepted both button inputs from the "controller" and on screen commands in the same fashion. Maybe even in a way that would make it backward compatible with already released games.

Let's be honest though, I think palm has bigger fish to fry atm.

included for lulz http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/a...ra_k500pad.jpg

Honestly the best bet for something like this is a linux dev getting bluetooth controllers (PS3 or Wii) to pair with the Pre and then using it in homebrew like VBA, Doom, Quake, Etc.

Would it even be possible to fashion a female USB -> micro usb cord that you could plug a USB controller into and then write an API for that??
    Last edited by grizzly_addams; 03/19/2010 at 09:33 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Very nice response, I agree that Palm has lots of other things to do first. but one thing that can't stop doing is making new products and accessories.

quick little wish list of things i want

1. controller
    2. Docking Station so i can blare my music
    3. new Mp3 Palm Player,
    I would like docking stations that have the touchstone peripheral built-in, or more touchstone accessories, maybe built into laptop palm rests, or the top of a bluetooth keyboard, or a small usb touchstone for a laptop.
    Everytime I go to the store to look at new alarm clocks it blows my mind how there isn't at least one (proprietary or otherwise) music dock for the pre yet.
  10.    #10  
    Zeemote JS1 Bluetooth gaming controller for BlackBerry announced - SlashGear

just did a quick look around the internet and saw this ugly thing, I guess it might be cool if you have WII type games, but i'm more looking for a PS3 controller but bigger to hangle the Pre to click inside.
    There are music docks for the Pre, or any MP3 player. It's called getting ones with the aux headphone input cord built in. (or getting a bluetooth ad2p enabled one or with a tape deck adapter)
  12.    #12  
    I dont know anything about programming but with WebOS so easy to use and program for (as i've heard) i'm very certain that someone can connect a bluetooth controller to the PRE, even if you can't snap the phone into it, it still is a start....
  13.    #13  
    The only thing about having a docking station, unlike the Iphone where the input is on the side, the PRE would be kinda hard to snap in with a cover over it, so the only way to have a docking station would be to charge the phone via a touchstone and sync to the docking station bluetooh i'm guessing,

I don't think that the touchstone will ever be able to get data through it cause it's connected to the battery and not to the motherboard for file transfer, they will have to redesign the whole thing for file transfer with a touchstone, (which isn't a bad idea).

The Touchstone Plus. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    I dont know anything about programming but with WebOS so easy to use and program for (as i've heard) i'm very certain that someone can connect a bluetooth controller to the PRE, even if you can't snap the phone into it, it still is a start....
    unfortunately, Palm's bluetooth support is VERY limited. HID bluetooth devices (like keyboards and controllers) are not currently support, nor are bluetooth file transfers.

Those are at the top of my future webOS versions wishlist.

Unfortunately, currently, not possible.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  15.    #15  
    but these very well are possible, they just haven't been applied into the WebOS platform yet?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    There are music docks for the Pre, or any MP3 player. It's called getting ones with the aux headphone input cord built in. (or getting a bluetooth ad2p enabled one or with a tape deck adapter)
    HAHAHA, dude, I'm lazy, honestly, I don't have one mp3 on my pre, i'm a musician but i use my phone as a phone pretty much, not much else, the odd game here or there, I just have idea's that might help Palm sell more product and in all my my experience with webos better,