Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Has anyone else experienced not being able to send a SMS to a contact? I am 100% positive the number is correct. I saved the # to my contacts and when I go into messaging and hit the + symbol to add a new SMS conversation and then select the person I am trying to send an SMS to, I type the message and send it but nothing happens. The text I typed in disappears and the conversation (what I typed) doesnt show up at all. The screen just goes back to just showing the contact name at the top of the screen like when I selected who to send the message to. I pulled the battery and reset the phone.

Any help would be really appreciated cause I have no idea why this is happening. Thanks
    might be a problem with the number. ( I know you said you checked that the number was right by the way)
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    yeah the number is right but she tried to send me a text and it didn't send to me either. I know she has texted other people we know and it went through fine. I am clueless as to why this is happening.
    Do you have them blocked on Sprint's web site? One of my friends was upset because she wasn't recieving my text responses and know I responded she looked and she had blocked me by accident trying to block someone else. Are you able to send and receive to other people?
    Having this same problem. I sent a txt msg to this person before I stored their # in my contacts...that one went through fine. Then I added the person to my contacts and now I can't start a new SMS thread with them...also the original txt msg that I sent is nowhere to be found on my msging screen. They have been sending me txts also which I have not been receiving.
    A friend of mine who got a new pre is having the exact same problem!! She cannot send or receive messages to or from my phone, which is also a Pre. We've checked the numbers multiple times. We called customer service and she is able to send and receive messages from their test phones.
    Also, messaging works between our phones and other phones. Its just between her and my phone that the problem exists! The problem is very similar to what bryg82 is mentioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do you have them blocked on Sprint's web site? One of my friends was upset because she wasn't recieving my text responses and know I responded she looked and she had blocked me by accident trying to block someone else. Are you able to send and receive to other people?

Mamouton, if a number is blocked by Sprint, wouldnt that also block calls as well and not just text messaging?
    I ask because I am able to receive and make calls to my friend. But text messaging doesnt work.
    Last edited by skabeer; 03/20/2010 at 12:12 PM.
    Just as a follow up...I did a partial reset and it works now.
    no it would just block text messages
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryg82 View Post
    Having this same problem. I sent a txt msg to this person before I stored their # in my contacts...that one went through fine. Then I added the person to my contacts and now I can't start a new SMS thread with them...also the original txt msg that I sent is nowhere to be found on my msging screen. They have been sending me txts also which I have not been receiving.
    This is my exact issue. I did the same thing and I am now having the problem I posted about.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    bump...suggestions? please. Thanks again for your replies