Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I had the Pre on Sprint, and now I have the Pre Plus on Verizon. Both of them have the same issue. My pictures seem to have a blue tint in the middle. Has anyone experienced this? If so, is there anything I can do about it? I've looked at other pictures taken on the Pre, and they don't seem to have this problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Others have reported it and posted pictures and from what I've seen, I can only make one conclusion:

I must be blind.

I suppose another possibility exists....my monitor sucks.
    it's ur imagination....
    I see nothing...check your retinas. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    it's ur imagination....
    That's what I was thinking...there's an old thread somewhere that has different people posting different pictures and all of them talking about the bluish tint in the center but I couldn't see Jack Squat.
    his eyes are **-bared !! i have 20-15 eyesight in both eyes so.......
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 03/19/2010 at 08:24 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I dont see any blue tint...and I have a nice hdmi 24in lcd....
    It could be the fluorescent lighting. It emits a strong blue and green with a deficiency in red. Try testing somewhere with natural light.
    it is because of the home depot ---
    Best way to test this is take a picture in good lighting of a wall or a white piece of paper. Then we'll be able to see more clearly.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Here is a good representation of what I'm talking about.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I see the tint in the first and second picture. I hope my attachment helps others see it. I have my monitors set to show a greater contrast between certain colors (makes staring at text and assorted gray boxes all day easier).

I'm skeptical about the cause though. Try taking some pictures with different light source types.

PS I only have access to MS Paint (I will weep every time I come across this picture )

[edit] Is that a freaking 10 bladed fan or just some amazing non blurred motion thanks to the florescent lights?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    It could be the fluorescent lighting. It emits a strong blue and green with a deficiency in red. Try testing somewhere with natural light.
    i think you nailed it -- every picture posted that is showing these problems is of a "white" florescent light fixture -- white light is not white in color -- ever played with a prism? florescent lamps come in many colors and in addition to the fact that they are florescent the fixtures that have been the focus of these pictures appear to be high output -HO - lamps which would broadcast even more heavily of a blue tint

i don't think it is the palms camera but the subject of the photos
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I saw no blue tink, some are able to see colors better than I.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I was taking pictures at work and noticed the same thing. I took a few photos outside and the blue effect was gone.
    i too have this issue, and i don't think it's related to florescent lighting at all, i've taken pictures out at the beach and in the middle of the picture there is that blue circular area that somehow has this same issue.

it must be camera must be sensative to light. idk

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I'm on a 30in Cinema Display "color calibrated" and see no off the wall blue. The lighting in that picture has a slight blue to it but that's about it.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]