1.    #1  
    My step dad bought a Palm Pre last week and it was $79.99 for new customers and $129.99 for current. We were current and he paid $129.99 and a few days later they have the palm pre for free. They didnt tell us they were gonna have this sale. They wanted to sell us the phone so bad that they didnt even have it in stock and the store manager drove from San Jose to Fremont just to get the phone from another store. ITs pretty messed up how they knew it was gonna be cheaper in a few days and making us pay double.. Im going to Radio Shack today to get a price adjustment. It would be $79.99 for current for this week.
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    I think you should be able to get the difference back no problem. There is always the 30 day return it if you don't like it clause...just mention that. Worse case scenario, you get a refund then rebuy it.

If they sell on commission, you really can't blame the guy. It would've been cool if he would've mentioned the sale (if he knew about it) and told you when his next shift would be. Even then, there's a big chance he'd lose out.
    This is a pointless complaint just go back and get your price difference. The sales guy was just doing his job. People rant about stuff for no reason.
    Most stores print their new price tags the day before the new sales start. Unless the price is advertised in the upcoming sales ad (it wasn't), the sales associate probably didn't know it would drop in price. Just go back to the store and get a price adjustment, you have 30 days to price match if an item drops in price.
    do you really need to make a thread about how impatient you were or did not even thinked a head to ask if prices change.

go back and ull will wait in line and you will get the difference back. Oh an fyi the new price tags go up on saturday around 3ish, only one person needs to print them. So not everyone will know the price before they are printed.

also you get the upgrade price of $79 so you will not get it for free but will get some money back.
    Retail chain salesguys don't know about upcoming sales, only the manager does, in most cases. Sure, they get the signage delivered, and maybe get the store flyers the day before the sale, but I clearly remember staying late organizing the store before a sale started the next morning, putting up signs, all that stuff. Corporate doesn't want to lose money by having the sales staff telling people to wait for a week for a better price.

Stores will price match, that's not a problem. Usually. I've never run into an issue with any product where a store wouldn't give you a credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNONI78 View Post
    This is a pointless complaint just go back and get your price difference. The sales guy was just doing his job. People rant about stuff for no reason.
    Exactly. The guy is not there to make you happy, he's there to make money for the company. Telling someone it will be on sale in a few days, and to come back then is a bad plan. One of the first rules of retail is don't let the customer leave without buying if it can be avoided. You leave, and you could very well buy somewhere else, leaving him with nothing. You buy, and come back a few days later, you are are (or should be) thrilled that you got the device earlier, and still got the cheaper price.

If you were trying desperately to sell your car before you move, would you tell someone seriously thinking about buying that if he waits a few days, you'll drop the price lower?
  8.    #8  
    its funny because the manager went to another radio shack to get the palm pre because they were out of stock. we waited in the store for one hour for him to come back, the manager knew the sale was gonna start the day after my step dad bout it lol. I went in today and got the price adjustment, they didnt want to do it at first but i had to complain to them for 20 minutes before i actually got it.
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Let me guess, you have never worked on commission?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    My step dad bought a Palm Pre last week and it was $79.99 for new customers and $129.99 for current. We were current and he paid $129.99 and a few days later they have the palm pre for free. They didnt tell us they were gonna have this sale. They wanted to sell us the phone so bad that they didnt even have it in stock and the store manager drove from San Jose to Fremont just to get the phone from another store. ITs pretty messed up how they knew it was gonna be cheaper in a few days and making us pay double.. Im going to Radio Shack today to get a price adjustment. It would be $79.99 for current for this week.
    Is RS commission based again? I know they got away from that for awhile, too uneven in the pay scale. The first store I was at was in the ghetto, basically. Couldn't sell anything to save my life, nobody had any cash. Guys at larger, more popular stores were making 10 times as much as I was, for less work.

Like I said, I never knew about sales, or even what was on sale in the first place, until my boss was allowed to open the shipping envelope with the POS signs, new price tags, stock refresh times, that sort of thing. HE knew, he had to provide info to corporate to make sure we had enough product, but even he was just a couple of days ahead of us lowly sales guys.
    I got a pre 2 days ago at Radioshack too!
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
    yeah dats wild