Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just 5 mins ago I walk into a verizon store to make believe I wanted a pre plus and asked to see a pre and right away directed me to a freakin droid.i told her I didn't come for a droid and wanted a pre n don't even want to look at a droid cause the pre is a betterr phone. I told her droid doesn't do 3d games etc etc. And she actually got mad at me. Raised voice n all. Sad sda story. Palm is goin to fail and is going down if the let verizon keep doin this.
    This is STILL happening...?!
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    and will continue to happen.
    my friend said his droid had need for speed
  5.    #5  
    I'm just sayin if a customer wants a plus let them get them get the f**king plus. Stop pushin droid down peoples throats. **** me off. I told her I can't believe your actullay arguing with a customer. She stood real quiet after that.
    I think its great that you walked into the Verizon store.

Please post the address of the store in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...zon-store.html

Palm is actively reading that thread and your experience could have alot of impact if you post there. They are putting alot of effort into the Verizon stores.
    If we all walked into a few stores and then recorded our experiences in the Verizon store thread
    , we might start generating some impact.
    Last edited by bluenote; 03/19/2010 at 06:43 PM.
    Damn, that's a drag. I really have to wonder what's up with that--that's beyond a mere preference. Either Motorola and/or Google are pushing money at the reps to sell that piece of crap (and, yes, I really do consider it a piece of crap--I've played with it a bit and I hate it), or there really is truth to the notion that returns and/or support issues have been a problem. Having a perfect launch-day Pre, however, makes me doubt that things could be that bad with the Pre Plus.

Or, is Verizon just paying Palm back for launching with Sprint? Looking at the Apple-Google spat, I have to wonder...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by zig8100 View Post
    just 5 mins ago I walk into a verizon store to make believe I wanted a pre plus and asked to see a pre and right away directed me to a freakin droid.i told her I didn't come for a droid and wanted a pre n don't even want to look at a droid cause the pre is a betterr phone. I told her droid doesn't do 3d games etc etc. And she actually got mad at me. Raised voice n all. Sad sda story. Palm is goin to fail and is going down if the let verizon keep doin this.
    I feel the same f c king way...this ph has so much potential n I KNW IT!!!! I did the same s h I t n dam it if I want a pre let me get the dam thing DON't SHOW ME NOTHING ELSE!!!! A person can have their mind made up to get a pre when they see a commercial but if you have a good salesman who eats ur brain out to get another ph they gonna swicth n I knw that's happening a lot
    /shrug We've already got evidence showing Verizon makes more money per Droid sold than Pre sold, why would they suddenly reverse direction in a week to push a lower profit product?

Not new, anyway. I was looking for an upgrade, popped into my local Verizon store awhile back, explained that I was on a Treo 650 and wanted something similar, the sales guy there sorta sighed and pointed me toward the 700wx. Obviously, he didn't want to sell it, but they didn't really have much else that did what I wanted. Now they do, and a heavily marketed one, at that.

I do agree, its fine to push your highest margin product, but the singlemindedness of ignoring your customer's wants and needs is brainless. Sure, if it were me in the salesguy's position, and questioning showed me that the Pre wasn't the best option, I'd point the customer elsewhere, even to a basic feature phone or less, if that's what fit their current need. Take my experience in guitar sales. New player, never even had a lesson or owned a guitar, coming in all hot on a Les Paul. No. I'm not going to sell you a $2000 guitar. You don't need that, all it'll do is empty your wallet and get you discouraged. I'm not, however, going to turn around and offer you a PRS Custom 24 at the same darn price, or more, just because its my favorite, or I make more off it. I'm going to hand you a nice Schecter that costs a quarter of what you're looking at and dreaming about, and suits your needs and budget much much better. Plus, I'm sorry.......low margin or not, the C1 series is hot. I have one, gets played nearly as much as my Parker.

Ah well. If everybody boycotts the store, it'll go under soon enough.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Haha I can tell you posted this from your Pre.
    But yeah, I'll go to a verizon store (I have sprint pre) just to see what they do.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I just stopped by my local Verizon store. They had 5 Droids on display and one Pre+ and Pixi+. I looked at both and I have to say the Pre+ was a nice refinement by Palm. Anyway, the sales guy stopped over and said that he actually prefers the Pre+ over anything in the store, but everyone thinks the Droid is better because the OS is from Google and the phone feels more solid. He was really pretty well informed, but I think it was because of his personal interest in the phone and not Verizon training.

Paul
  12.    #12  
    thats good to know. By the way it was actually a verizon booth at my local mall and the only working display phone they had was the droid.
    those booths at the mall are not verizon, they are third party resellers. Never buy from them.
    A delivery driver at work is in the market for a new phone.
    He has a BB Storm now went to Verizon after seeing my Pre and said he love the phone but they kept telling him to buy the Droid or at least a BB.
    He left the store keeping his phone ans was telling me the story and how he couldn't believe they told him "If you really want it I'll sell it to you".
    Sprint seems to be the same telling people about the Moment and even the Hero over the Pre.

This is the reason Palms aren't selling. We'll besides the lack of, except bad, advertising.
  15.    #15  
    all in all people are going to buy what the reps tell them is the best phone. they are supposed to be "professionals" right? thats the problem. whn they bump into a wel educated customer they get all flustered because they cant say anything to us.
    Time to pay my local Verizon store a visit. It sounds like fun to ambush their sales pitch with a Pre and educate them. Palm may be going down but we don't have to take it from these droid bots.

Are there any Palm stores? They need to set up a couple stores in major cities throughout the country where people can go and experience Palm products without relying on the morons at the network stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    I'm going to hand you a nice Schecter that costs a quarter of what you're looking at and dreaming about, and suits your needs and budget much much better. Plus, I'm sorry.......low margin or not, the C1 series is hot. I have one, gets played nearly as much as my Parker.
    Long time LP owner, now have two Schecter's I play more than anything. C1 is hawt, agreed. Actually, Schecter reminds me of my Pre. I spend a lot of time evangelizing both brands to anyone who's curious.
    Dave Balmer, Gobico Games

Thanks for your support! Check out Wobble Words 2 and Poker Drops available now in the App Catalog for Palm Pre and Pixi, and follow us on Twitter @GobicoGames to get the latest news.
    Long time Palm user, new Iphone user.

I've seen all three platforms guys. I have no stake in this.

I liked the Pixi, it was snappy.
    I saw two different Droid platforms, that looked POWERFULL.

I ended up getting an Iphone, and I feel - bang for the buck, network propaganda aside, calling plans figured in, it's the best deal.

I left Sprint after 10+ years with them and Palm.

The main issues with Palm Camp: Shoddy build quality. Artificially Gimped Hardware/Software

I waited for GPS / wifi in top of the line palm phones for a decade and NEVER got it. (Centro eventually did which was a downgrade of my phone???) I dealt with build quality issues on EVERY build of phone except the Handspring 600 series.

The Web OS looked fun but it's seriously gimped. Example: The accelerometer in the Pre checks its position like 4 times a second vs Iphone at 40,000 times a second (Unscientific numbers) Why? No reason. It's gimped in the released SDK. Unless you are EA games you don't get access to it as a developer. Is this smart for business?

Software is everything. If you don't have software you have what? A notepad app? Old Palm catalog had 30,000+ programs. I originally got my phone because a $20 app replaced a $150 tool i used for work.

Today: Droid is open source, I've seen a lot of cool apps.
    Apple has TONS of awesome apps in APP store, and even more open source in Jailbreak community= win/ win. What does Palm have? Not a lot. I checked. I was about to go Pre- but where are the apps? EA has 5 "decent" games out. 5. That's it. A handful of other companies have some games. Don't tell me they are "coming". Where are they NOW? Other OS's have plenty, and more "coming" as well. It's been a while since it came out. I don't see a lot of stuff in that year.

I mean it's great that as a community you fight for an OS you believe in. The palm community has ALWAYS done this. There was never supposed to be a palm based phone after the 600. But there was the 650 and 755p. That was the people. Unfortunately, what Palm once had is all but gone. I think the original DNA has fled to Iphone and Droid. I really don't see the problems with this platform keeping it alive. I hate to leave, but I've seen the light. Take care.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869 View Post
    I ended up getting an Iphone, and I feel - bang for the buck, network propaganda aside, calling plans figured in, it's the best deal.
    If you want to spend the premium to buy into the AT&T/iphone monopoly then more power to you.

But you are out of your freaking mind if you think spending $300+ on a phone and then spending an additional $2000 premium* over and above that on the average AT&T family plan for a 2 year contract is the best deal!

*Compared to Sprint.
    Last edited by foosball; 03/19/2010 at 09:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    on verizon pre+ launch day I went in to a verizon store and a rep who was standing in the front asked if I needed help and I said yes I want to purchase the palm pre+ she said do you want to mess around with it before buying it and I said no thanks I'll take it. She didn't mention the droid or any other phone while I was there so that was kinda cool....guess it depends on who the rep is
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast