Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    If you want to spend the premium to buy into the AT&T/iphone monopoly then more power to you.
    But you are out of your freaking mind if you think spending $300+ on a phone and then spending an additional $2000 premium* over and above that on the average AT&T family plan for a 2 year contract is the best deal!

*Compared to Sprint.

I don't follow your math.
    I had 3 phone lines (1 was original free for life plan, doesn't count).

I spent: $99 on 3g iphone for 2nd line, and $199 for Iphone 3gs for main line. That's $300 for TWO phones.

additional $2000+ over premium. Huh? I spend almost the same per month as my Sprint plan. Maybe $10/mo more. For a WHOLE lot of actual use as opposed to slow/lag/crashing/lack of features. I'll pay a little more to get a smartphone vs. a phone. Thats like $120 a year more, for two phones, that actually work and do stuff.

So. Again, I don't get your math.

I do believe Sprint has "better" plans. By better I mean cheaper for the same amount of offerings. However, the main issue is coverage and useablity of the phone.

It does me NO GOOD to have a gimped Google maps (If you can find an old supported version to install) with no GPS or positioning (useless), at any price.

Cheaper does not equal better. I can sell you a plastic car from China for $1000, but you're not gonna put it on one of our freeways are you?
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
  2.    #22  
    Zoro go to he*l. Im not feeling all this Iphone n Android crap today. Sorry just not in the mood.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    And when it goes to AT&T, they will be pushing the iPhone.

Palm ****ed up their marketing and their provider relations. Simple as that.
  4.    #24  
    I agree Drizek. Palm is screwed unless they come out with a better phone. Period. And i love my Pre and will buy a new WEBos device if theres one and its on sprint.
    i doubt this happened.
  6.    #26  
    Chud it really did. No lie. I was super ****ed. What makes u think it didnt?
    I don't mean to steal the thread but Zorro asked for my numbers:

AT&T:

Family Plan Unlimited Talk 119.99
    +49.99 3rd line
    +30.00 Data
    +30.00 Texts
    +9.99 AT&T Navigator
    = $239.97 per month.

Sprint= $109.49 for all that with my work discount

Monthly savings= $130.48
    Annual Savings= $1565.76
    Contract Life Savings= $3131.52

Using a Pre over a one-app @ a time iPhone= $$$Priceless$$$
    Last edited by foosball; 03/19/2010 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zig8100 View Post
    just 5 mins ago I walk into a verizon store to make believe I wanted a pre plus and asked to see a pre and right away directed me to a freakin droid.i told her I didn't come for a droid and wanted a pre n don't even want to look at a droid cause the pre is a betterr phone. I told her droid doesn't do 3d games etc etc. And she actually got mad at me. Raised voice n all. Sad sda story. Palm is goin to fail and is going down if the let verizon keep doin this.
    Android does 3D games, and does it very well.
    Zorro, I have gotta ask... What are you doing here?

I think it's cool that you are comfortable with your iphone. I will agree that it is an awesome phone. If I didn't prefer a physical keyboard and the sprint coverage in my area, I may have considered getting one.

I think the weird thing is certain iphone users oddball infatuation with the Pre. I have a couple coworkers that own iphones and they can't stop talking to everyone about them. I am cool with that. The crazy part is they both like to lurk on this forum and the ask me about every "pre issue" they read about. I just think it's weird. I'm just sayin...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I got my pre plus one week after launch at a local verizon store. I wasn't redirected to the droid. However when I asked questions about the pre they were clueless. They definitely were not trained to sell the phone. I think unless you go and ask for the pre plus you won't walk out with one. If the average person walks in and asks for a smartphone they will leave with a droid or droid eris. Blackberry after that. And Palm would be the last thing they are shown. Sad but true.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i doubt this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by zig8100 View Post
    Chud it really did. No lie. I was super ****ed. What makes u think it didnt?
    I've got the same thoughts as Chud. You've been asked (even on this thread) to rate your store and the link was provided, but you didn't do so. It would be nice to know what store this happened at and who you spoke with. It will give your story a bit more credibility when someone can confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyGrail View Post
    Zorro, I have gotta ask... What are you doing here?

I think it's cool that you are comfortable with your iphone. I will agree that it is an awesome phone. If I didn't prefer a physical keyboard and the sprint coverage in my area, I may have considered getting one.

I think the weird thing is certain iphone users oddball infatuation with the Pre. I have a couple coworkers that own iphones and they can't stop talking to everyone about them. I am cool with that. The crazy part is they both like to lurk on this forum and the ask me about every "pre issue" they read about. I just think it's weird. I'm just sayin...
    Seriously. I often wonder what your agenda is also, zorro869. You got an iPhone. Great. So why are you still here on the precentral forums? Waiting for an easter egg?
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    I've got the same thoughts as Chud. You've been asked (even on this thread) to rate your store and the link was provided, but you didn't do so. It would be nice to know what store this happened at and who you spoke with. It will give your story a bit more credibility when someone can confirm.
    i just always find it hard to believe that people are sooooooooooo bored and have nothing better to do than walk into a store and pretend they are going to buy a phone, just to prove a point to us strangers.

and on top of that, this guy starts an altercation in the store over it.

seriously, who gets pi ss ed over something so ridiculous?

loser if he did it. loser if he didnt do it and is on here lying about it.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869 View Post

It does me NO GOOD to have a gimped Google maps (If you can find an old supported version to install) with no GPS or positioning (useless), at any price.

Cheaper does not equal better. I can sell you a plastic car from China for $1000, but you're not gonna put it on one of our freeways are you?
    What are you talking about? The Google maps on the Pre does locate where you are (GPS), and can give you directions. I just don't get what you're saying. Maybe I misunderstood?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Palm went in an agreement with Verizon to sell an upgraded Pre and Pixi and with the intentions that Verizon would in good faith promote and sell their products and ramped up production in anticipation of improved sales. Like I stated in another thread, my feeling was that the only reason Verizon agreed to sell Palm's products was to intice the customers they lost to Sprint when all they had to offer for a touch screen smartphone was a pathetic excuse called the Blackberry Storm. As reported by many first hand accounts, Verizon has not only not promoted Palm products in their stores but their store employee's have gone way out of their way to discourage prospective buyers interested in Palm products and push their Droid smartphone on them.

Of course now being that Verzion have superior Palm products over what Sprint has to offer their customers, Sprint is now promoting other products and is now discouraging people wanting to buy a Palm phone. Well now that Palm has 500 thousand units sitting on inventory shelves you could pretty much say that yes, Verizon is definitely killing Palm.
    It isn't Verizon or Sprint. Some sales people are just idiots. I went to sprint store in a mall to ask them a question about Palm and the guy flat out tells me that Palm Pre is his least favorite phone. Then proceeds to tell me why he hates it so much. Apparently, it was too complicated of a phone for him.
    They should just go sell more unlocked phones and not blindly go with carrier tie-ups.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Not sure what the problem is but PALM should try selling the unlocked phones outside North America. Australia, Italy, Russia, India, Brazil and Argentina are yet to get the Pre.
    Unlocked phone with improved hardware sure, they can sell more than current numbers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12