Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    it's jut not word progroams, it's also spreadsheets whch I think docs to go does really well.

hopefully some else does this.
    As a long-time Palm user, I dont expect Docs2Go to be free and I am willing to pay up to $30 for it. I would like it to have the ability to upload and download to GoogleDocs, on a per-document basis
    Limited free and full paid versions would work best, pretty much like it's been on PalmOS for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Google docs will replace docs2go as the office suite of mobile phones.
    Maybe for people working on their own personal documents or only via a personal e-mail account, but if your WebOS phone is connected to your office's exchange server you're just not going to stem the tide of Word and Excel files that come your way.

Sure; you could forward them to your Gmail account, work on them in Google docs, download them back to your Pre as .doc/.xls files and then attach them to a reply to your work compatriots; but do you really want to jump through all of those hoops just to get the job done? Really? I think not...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Reality check: Documents-To-Go will be neither free, nor cheap. So if you're expecting that, time to start looking at alternatives..
    I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I paid for Documents to Go Premium on my Palm OS devices, so I'll do the same for my WebOS device(s). I am miffed that it isn't out yet, but when it does come out, count me as one of the first to purchase it.
    I spent around $30 for the Docs2Go app for my old Palm Treo's. I hope it isn't this expensive if/when they come out with the WebOS version, but I expect it will.

So far here's the pricing I currently see:

iPhone: Docs2Go= $9.99, Premium version= $14.99
    Android: View-only version= Free, Upgrade to Premium Version= $9.99 (29.99 reg)
    Blackberry: Premium Version only= $49.99
    WebOS: TBDTBDTBD
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/20/2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I'm in the process of POSSIBLY creating an app which works as an effective doc editer and saves to your phone and can be transferred between your phone and the comp via email. Anyone interested?
    Definitely. It seems the components are already there, as Internalz has a filing system. Not to mention, Nano works. For that matter, Classic is translating the save function to a virtual SD card (i.e. The Pre). In other words, YES, I'M INTERESTED!!!!!!
    Yesssss!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vociferous View Post
    i'm in the process of possibly creating an app which works as an effective doc editer and saves to your phone and can be transferred between your phone and the comp via email. Anyone interested?
    yessss!!!
    I never expected Docs2Go to be free. I paid for it in Palm OS and I will pay for it in WebOS if it ever gets here. I'm tired of waiting for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I never expected Docs2Go to be free. I paid for it in Palm OS and I will pay for it in WebOS if it ever gets here. I'm tired of waiting for it.
    +1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I agree on the iPhone price points. Now seeing we have the smaller user base, I would say $14.99 would be a fair increase with the Pro version coming in around $24.99.

Numers DO matter and we have way less users but Gameloft, GLU, Handmark are big companies that are successfully bringing the goods. I hope something in the PDK was all DTG needed to finish it out.

Also, if memory serves, didn't PalmOS have 3 or 4 doc editing apps? I know DTG weren't the only ones
    On the DocsToGo site, they say it should be released in "early 2010". It can't be too far away.
  15.    #35  
    To each his own. While you guys/gals wait for docs2go, i've been enjoying the benefits of creating docs/spreadsheets/presentations (while not great) for months with google docs. I can also share those files. All on the pre. If you have the checkbook app you can backup your data via a spreadsheet to google docs.
    To each his own. While you guys/gals wait for docs2go, i've been enjoying the benefits of creating docs/spreadsheets/presentations (while not great) for months with google docs. I can also share those files. All on the pre. If you have the checkbook app you can backup your data via a spreadsheet to google docs.

Yes, but if you are concerned about security matters you should consider other options!!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    (while not great) is not good. that is why d2g is so popular.
    In looking at Google Docs, I'm assuming that you are using the full version when doing your editing on the web since I don't see any option for editing documents on the mobile version.

Can you elaborate a little more on this? Do you find it difficult to get around? Seems like it would be a bit hard to try to do any significant amount of document editing on the web based system. How about a bit more detail on your experiences with actually editing docs from the Pre.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    I think I paid for D2G three times on PalmOS - I may have every version that came out. IMO it is a must have for any smartphone. It would be nice to see a competitor though.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    google docs only indexes documents already linked to from a publicly crawled webpage
    FWIW, Google Docs TOS states that they retain the right to use any document you create on their service, so even though it may not appear verbatim on a website someplace, it could show up anywhere Google wants to put it.

I deal with intellectual property (i.e. copyrighted material that either I or someone in my place of business has created) as well as confidentential information related to my clients that make Google Docs unacceptable for me to use.

Yes, "to each his own" is correct. But some of us have a very good reason for needing an on device solution.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12