1.    #1  
    "Rubinstein also mentioned that the company would introduce a new product this year, but provided no specifics."

Investor Elevation Partners backs Palm, despite woes | Reuters

This article on palms recent stock drop confirms that Rubinstein is releasing a new product this year!!!!!

Do we think palm will be bought out soon, now that they have such a low equity value?WebOS alone would be worth alot to any iphone competitor, or organisation looking to enter the smartphone market!!

I love palm, so am obviously going to be bias, but I do think that palms futur is not as unstable as some ppl on this forum state, their webOS OS holds enough value to allow any one of a multitude of organisations to enter a bid...thus securing the future of webOS and the ingenious innovation that is palm!!!lol, as I say, I may be a tat bias...but i love palm!!!
    I understand that you are hopeful but unfortunately palm is done now lets get over it and hope google buys them so they can implement some of the great features of webos into android.
    i already made a post on this
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I understand that you are hopeful but unfortunately palm is done now lets get over it and hope google buys them so they can implement some of the great features of webos into android.
    I would hope that any acquisition would maintain palm as an organisation, lets face it, they can make amazing software, they just clearly cant implement supply chain management for toffee!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    i already made a post on this
    sorry, i meant to say in my first post....apologies if I'm repeating something already said, i just read it and got excited!!!lol forgot to search first
    Pre2? Whatever it is, please let it have real/better hw quality (failed keyboards, touchscreens, stuck pin issue,,,,all with everyday use... stuff like that needs to be addressed).

I'd buy a new device from Palm with WebOS if the hw is much better than the current version.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I'm pretty positive that Palm will make out of the doom and gloom, but truthfully the only thing thats going to save them is a new flagship device. Probably one that has a decent amount of specs to knock out the competition. It also needs to be announced before June when most (Sprint) Pre contracts end or I suspect that many will jump ship to Nexus One.

"If" Palm was to be bought, I doubt it would be by Google. It's very well possible. Palm would be bought before it dies for their extensive patent collection.

Point is: They need a flagship phone ASAP with stable QA.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    ...so they can implement some of the great features of webos into android.
    thats like saying tigers are extinct, but we have tons of lions, so lets just start making ligers. Android and webos not good for integration.
    I really hope I he isn't just talking about an AT&T Pre/Pixi...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I'm pretty positive that Palm will make out of the doom and gloom, but truthfully the only thing thats going to save them is a new flagship device. Probably one that has a decent amount of specs to knock out the competition. It also needs to be announced before June when most (Sprint) Pre contracts end or I suspect that many will jump ship to Nexus One.

"If" Palm was to be bought, I doubt it would be by Google. It's very well possible. Palm would be bought before it dies for their extensive patent collection.

Point is: They need a flagship phone ASAP with stable QA.

I agree, with that much equity held up in assets they cant shift, they need to release a new device, but with a stringent supply chain strategy, preferable one based on a pull system rather than push!!!however, with that much cash held up in pre's, lets hope they can sell them for enough to no make too much of a loss!!!!

The big problem now is securing supply chain partners capable of offering them the SCM strategy they need to succeed!!As with such low stock prices, not many supplier will be willing to partner, not without some guarantees....which = more $$$$
    Of all the speculated potential purchasers, I think HP would make the most sense and be the best fit. {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    This is HTC's best opportunity to defend against Apple. If HTC buy's Palm then the patents that they acquire would be the best wall they could build. Plus, most everyone agrees that HTC makes awesome hardware (Palm, not so much) so this could help breath new life into the WebOS. Just my 2 cents.